Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: A Backstreet Boys story  (Read 20493 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: A Backstreet Boys story
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 04:30:40 AM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the Backstreet's Back era. At that time Kevin was my favorite Backstreet Boy because he was the mature, tall, dark haired and gorgeous one, lol. My favorite song used to be Everybody but now I love Incomplete and More Than That. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour four times. My favorite tour was Unbreakable because I was front row, touched Nick's hand and had AJ's water thrown over me lol. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is Climbing The Walls and take out I'll Never Break Your Heart (as I'm not fussed on that song).

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is Nick and Kevin because I'm glad Kevin came back and because Nick grew up and is hot (plus I love his voice and personality). I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of Howie but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give Brian much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If Nick were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose Kevin because I already know they work well as a foursome without him, but I wouldn't want him to go again.

The one thing I love most about these boys is their genuine love for what they do. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be come and tour in Wales, we are a country too!.

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is the crazies. I think Howie is the most fan friendly where Nick (only because sometimes he's come across as uninterested on sound check videos I've seen) needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless they release crappy music and start treating the fans like crap too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:32:41 AM by Carter-Orange »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »

I think the way they did it for Unbreakable was the best.  You could buy VIP, which got you an individual photo and an autograph - not only a pre-signed photo, but an actual in-person autograph on an object of your choice - but then there was also the contest, and if you won, you got a group photo and the pre-signed autographed photo, plus you could take a friend.  The VIP was expensive, but nothing compared to gold or platinum nowadays, and I don't think they do autographs in person anymore; it's all pre-signed.

That sounds fair as well.

I think  if they did it by lottery/luck of the draw or hold some fun contests or something for just the plain old VIP, it would be best, so this way people who really want to go and can't afford these outrageous prices can be given a chance simply by showing up early or something. It's the sound check I am really interested in seeing anyway. I don't care if I do a meet and greet or anything like that. I mean, don't get me wrong, it would be lovely to do it, but I would happily settle for just listening to them talk and sing intimately especially if it was for free. Limit it to like only 50 people or something. Even though it's not a lot it gives at least 50 people a chance to have this experience who otherwise wouldn't be able to.

They can keep the GOLD and DIAMOND but then maybe lower those prices to what people used to pay for regular VIP and the next one up. By doing that, the experience would once again be more intimate because less people would be there and the people who have the money to pay for the experience wouldn't have to be rushed because there would be less people to have to get through.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:37:54 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 04:44:54 AM »

I agree, just watching the soundcheck is the best part!  The meet and greet is so quick, it's hardly worth it unless it's your first time meeting them, but I like to do bronze just to see soundcheck.  I definitely wish they would lower the prices and limit the number they offer more than they do now.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:04 AM »

Someone needs to tell them that. People who constantly @ the boys for every little thing need to include that in your @ing @can you follow me, @can you come to my country, @can you say hello I'm having a bad day. @lower your prices so we all can do fun things! @can you tell my dog you love him! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 06:05:33 AM »

LOL Good plan!  Just include the hashtag #PleaseLowerVIPprices after every spammy tweet you send them!
~Julie

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:41 AM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the [Backstreet Boys (Red Album)] era. At that time [Brian] was my favorite Backstreet Boy because [I loved his voice and the fact that he was gorgeous!]. My favorite song used to be [Hey Mr. DJ] but now I love [Something That I Already Know]. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour [thirteen] times. My favorite tour was [Unbreakable] because [of the solos and the songs that they chose to play]. The one song I wish they would perform in concert is [Siberia] and take out [I'll Never Break Your Heart and/or All I Have To Give].

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is [Brian] because [he's still gorgeous and he still has an amazing voice (most of the time)]. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of [Kevin] but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [Howie] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If [Nick/Brian/AJ] were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose [Howie] because [he is already so overlooked that I doubt that most people would realize that he was missing. Also, his high notes are sometimes a bit much for me.].

The one thing I love most about these boys is [their seemingly genuine love for what they do]. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be [to make things like VIP more accessible to more of their fans. The prices for some of those packages are outrageous! I would love to do those special "extras" more often, but my friend and I just can't afford it].

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is [the rudeness and petty jealousy that radiates out of some fans at shows and VIP experiences.]. I think [AJ] is the most fan friendly where [Howie] needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless [they stop making music].

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »

I guess we should also start telling them that no one cares to hear INBYH in concert again. LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »

We'll @ that one too! lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the [Red Album] era. At that time [Nick and Brian] were my favorite Backstreet Boys because [Brian was the best singer and funny, and Nick was cute and funny] . My favorite song used to be [I Wanna Be With You] but now I love [10,000 Promises] . Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour [seven] times. My favorite tour was [Never Gone] because [it was my very first BSB concert] . The one song I wish they would perform in concert is [It's Gotta Be You] and take out [I'll Never Break Your Heart] .

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boys are [Nick and Kevin] because [Kevin is so amazing to the fans and has loosened up, and Nick is still quirky, funny, and hot LOL] . I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of [Howie] but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give [name of a BSB] much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. Honestly I can barely rank the five of them the way I used to back in the day, I love all five Boys now. If [Any of Them] were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose [none of them] because [while I enjoyed them as a foursome having Kevin back has made me realize I never want them to do that again].

The one thing I love most about these boys is [their relationship with each other and their harmonies] . But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be [how they give their most annoying and special fans extra attention] .

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is [how so many fans overthink everything!] I think [Nick and Kevin] are the most fan friendly where [Brian] needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless [I die and hopefully it'll be like This Is The End and we'll all do the "Everybody" dance in the afterlife LOL.]
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »

^ If Heaven exists, it better be just like that!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »

LOL I know!

One thing I realized is out of those seven times I saw BSB not counting solo or cruises, three of those were IAWLT lmao. I'm getting worse about my BSB addiction man.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 09:56:33 PM »

Yeah, IAWLT is the first tour I've seen more than two shows on.
~Julie

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »

I'm listening to Light On right now! :)  I wish we had more B-sides and unreleased songs from this latest album.  You're lucky you got to go to soundcheck on the Never Gone tour!  That's when it was still up to luck to win the soundcheck party, before you could pay for it.  I'm glad for the option to pay for it now because I am usually not that lucky, although I did win once for Unbreakable, so I can't complain.

Their ticket prices have been high lately!  This tour was crazy.  Unbreakable and This is Us were not that bad.  It's nice that they've had sort of a resurgence in popularity and feel they can change more for tickets, but I would prefer smaller crowds and cheaper seats.

we just got lucky really. My friend Amanda was talking to a guard and then he handed her wrist bands lol...and I didnt know where we were going and when i heard sound check I couldnt believe it!!! It was awesome...had decent seats too ;) Never will forget that night. Kevin was kind of grumpy that day though like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol. I was hoping to get everyone to sign my hat but Kevin kept bugging everyone to hurry up. I was lucky I was even able to get Brian to sign my hat lol. I still have it too sitting in my "backstreet box" ;)
~Carter~

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »

Thanks Mare!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »