Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

I need your opinion about completed/non completed stories

I feel like a story should be complete before it's submitted to the challenge
- 0 (0%)
I feel like as long as the story is at least 2/3 done it is fine to submit
- 6 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Reading challenge suggestion box and new rules for next year!  (Read 39534 times)

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Reading challenge suggestion box and new rules for next year!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:57 AM »

I am very critical of myself.  Even though i dont always like concrit i can learn from it. It can make me better. I also hsve a hard time giving negative feedback but i try lol. If a story is just really good it can be hard to give critical feedback. But i agree one liners like i love it or great chapter is just nothing.
~Carter~

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »

Concrit is hard to take.  I loved getting it from my reader last year but it is hard to take at first because I easily take things as an attack so the first reviews were not taken well... I'm sure Rose remembers those early review days. HEH.   

I really want to participate in this next year and agree with the updated rules. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »

Concrit is hard to take.  I loved getting it from my reader last year but it is hard to take at first because I easily take things as an attack so the first reviews were not taken well... I'm sure Rose remembers those early review days. HEH.   

I really want to participate in this next year and agree with the updated rules. 

To be honest i almost quit writing. I had a hard time taking it. But writing is my hobby and i love it. So i took it in stride and decided to get better. It will either pay off or it wont lol
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »

I get what you guys are saying. I am really not used to concrit and even though Rose told me she didn't mean it in a mean way I took it to heart because I am hard on myself. It is not her fault at all. I know she was trying to help me and I even asked her privately about some thing. The challenge this yyear taught me not to be so hard on myself.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »

I get what you guys are saying. I am really not used to concrit and even though Rose told me she didn't mean it in a mean way I took it to heart because I am hard on myself. It is not her fault at all. I know she was trying to help me and I even asked her privately about some thing. The challenge this yyear taught me not to be so hard on myself.

Exactly! This was my first year doing this challenge i will do next years too dunno if I will enter a story though lol..that depends on whether i am brave or not.
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »

One of the reason is I look up to Rose and the other girls a lot and I just beat myself up over it. I need to get myself to stop doing that because I cannot please everybody. I sometimes forget that.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 11:07:39 PM »

One of the reason is I look up to Rose and the other girls a lot and I just beat myself up over it. I need to get myself to stop doing that because I cannot please everybody. I sometimes forget that.

I hear ya! I sometimes will have Art read my stories...but even though he is my hubby...I wont let him read them. It took me almost 3yrs to tell him i even wrote fan fiction LOL
~Carter~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »

To be honest i almost quit writing. I had a hard time taking it. But writing is my hobby and i love it. So i took it in stride and decided to get better. It will either pay off or it wont lol

It's good that you did! Ultimately none of us are perfect and the reason we practice our hobbies is to get better. If we were playing soccer instead of writing and someone came along and showed us a different way to handle the ball that would help us be a better player it would be no different than getting concrit on a story. You can either think of it as an opportunity to learn a new way of doing things or you can continue to do things your own way! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »

That's a really nice way to put it. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 09:50:51 PM »

I agree with you Julilly. Thats how I feel myself, all you can do is try to do better. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 06:59:19 AM »

Sorry if I made you feel like quitting. Like Jullily said, you can take those suggestions and choose what you want to do with them. That's what concrit is all about. Just a chance to get to see an opinion from another set of eyes.

If it makes you feel any better, I think it's just as hard to give it because you never know how people are going to take it until you go into a thread and see them talking about you. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 07:14:44 AM »

No mare it was all me lol. I am very hard on myself always have been. Its been so long since i have gotten concrit of any kind. All Of Yout Life & Happily Never After were my come back stories. I hadnt written in so long that i had forgotten so much about how to write.
~Carter~

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »

I should've put another story in rather than the collab, I just didn't think to be honest.  But I will next time.

My reviews probably aren't very critical, I tend to write my reaction to the story more than anything.  I'll have to improve on that I think.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 07:06:14 PM »

No mare it was all me lol. I am very hard on myself always have been. Its been so long since i have gotten concrit of any kind. All Of Yout Life & Happily Never After were my come back stories. I hadnt written in so long that i had forgotten so much about how to write.

I think we are all our own worst critics. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »

I should've put another story in rather than the collab, I just didn't think to be honest.  But I will next time.

My reviews probably aren't very critical, I tend to write my reaction to the story more than anything.  I'll have to improve on that I think.

Actually it was probably a good idea you did so this way I was able to make that kind of call about collabs. lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6