Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Long time, no see  (Read 2597 times)

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
Long time, no see
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »

First of all, I have MISSED this place SO much!  I feel like I've been gone forever. 

To those who have contacted me about posting new stories, thank you. Your words and requests really touched me deeply.  My last year of school was kind of rough and the last two years within my family have been a little nuts. I now have 2 granddaughters (one is 5, the other is 1) both of whom have birthdays coming up very very soon.  I'm feeling old.

As for my writing....wel l, I felt like I was in a rut.  I wasn't happy with anything I started.  Or I started and got stuck.  My plans for the writing challenge I mentioned last year didn't pan out because of school. I just didn't have time to write.  So I took a step back and got focused.  I wrote a few things that didn't star BSB or NKOTB.  Still fan-fic.  Went old-school and started writing about old television shows I used to (and still do) love and got myself back on track. 

Thanks to Kevin coming back, I have a couple of stories ready to post.  :) Silly, I never really thought of Kevin as a leading man, but he came back strong and his voice simply amazed me.  So...I wrote a Kevin story!   I never liked posting until I was done writing the story, but I'm close to the end on both so I think I can finish up.  May take me a day or two, but very soon I'll be posting.  And I'm hoping you all enjoy what I have.

I wanted to say again I've missed this place SO much.  I've missed all of you.  Now that school is over and I have time to read and write, I've gotta dive back in and find what I've been missing.  :)

Love to you all!

Dottie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Long time, no see
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:42:49 PM »

Welcome back, Dottie!  Isn't it funny how that happens with Kevin?  I haven't written a Kevin story yet, but I do have an IDEA for one, which is more than I've ever had before LOL.  I just appreciate him so much more since he came back!  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.  Same with fanfic and this forum!  Glad you have more time to devote to it again!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »

Welcome back Dottie :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »

Welcome Back Dottie! It's always nice when familiar faces return! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 07:21:20 PM »

So glad you're back! :)