Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh My God, We're Back Again!!!  (Read 8603 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Oh My God, We're Back Again!!!
« on: July 28, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »

Am I original...?

Yeah, nope, not with this as my thread title! Well hey there, hi there, missed ya'll! Hope I'm not breaking rules by creating this thread in the fic discussion section, because I do want to talk fic... see how my fave authors have been, what ya'll been up to, what ya'll been reading or writing or planning to write, what I've missed out on, all that jazz.

And those of you who don't know, I'm who these lovely people have dubbed Reb (gotta love it) and I wrote and posted here many, many years ago. People will tell you, I'm bipolar when it comes to this fandom; I'll get lost, then find my way back, then get lost again. This... "hiatus", so to speak, has been the longest I've ever been away; was it something like four years or so? I'd come back every now and then to check things out, or how Rose has caught me, lurking! Lmao. Not sure how long I'll be here for; I gave up trying to figure it out and just told myself to go along with the ride and whatever happens, happens, lmao. Just enjoy now, this present time, with the want to read and write again. :)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Oh My God, We're Back Again!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »

You have been gone for a long time! LOL You've missed a lot I guess?

When Kevin came back there was a big resurgence in writing again from people who kind of stopped like you did. The new album and tour seemed to revitalize everyone for a bit! I know what did it for me was finding out they had all rented a house together in London.  The other thing that pleasantly surprised me especially last summer was the new slew of suspense stories. That genre had fallen way off over the years and the most recent page was primarily dominated by nothing but romance and then it was like BAM! Everyone started writing suspense, even people who didn't usually write it. What a nice refreshing change that was.

Now there seems to be a nice eclectic mix of stories to choose from which is great!

As far as writing, I've considerably lightened my load with that. I mostly write one story a year and post it during the summer. I occasionally will write some one shots during school but I have decided I just don't have the time or energy when school starts to write and read fanfic. I wrote a suspense last summer "Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost." and the one before. "Whatever the Night May Bring." This summer I'm going more the bromantic route. "The Secrets that We Keep."

As far as reading, "Dodging the Daylight" is one I know you'd enjoy! You'd also love Rose's new one "Show me a Reason" and one called "Brothers" by a newer author Jess20. All three of them are bromance heavy but Dodging is also suspense. I think those are primarily the ones I had been reading. Oh, you should also check out "Save a Prayer" by Carter-Orange, unless that was before you disappeared? LOL

I'm sure if I forgot anything someone will mention it.

I am really happy to see you and I am the same way with the boys. Actually, I'm in one of my downward fandom cycles. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »

Am I original...?

Yeah, nope, not with this as my thread title! Well hey there, hi there, missed ya'll! Hope I'm not breaking rules by creating this thread in the fic discussion section, because I do want to talk fic... see how my fave authors have been, what ya'll been up to, what ya'll been reading or writing or planning to write, what I've missed out on, all that jazz.

And those of you who don't know, I'm who these lovely people have dubbed Reb (gotta love it) and I wrote and posted here many, many years ago. People will tell you, I'm bipolar when it comes to this fandom; I'll get lost, then find my way back, then get lost again. This... "hiatus", so to speak, has been the longest I've ever been away; was it something like four years or so? I'd come back every now and then to check things out, or how Rose has caught me, lurking! Lmao. Not sure how long I'll be here for; I gave up trying to figure it out and just told myself to go along with the ride and whatever happens, happens, lmao. Just enjoy now, this present time, with the want to read and write again. :)

LMAO it didn't hurt that at TDS I can see who's invizzy :P.

I say go for the ride! Like Mare said, Kevin coming back has revitalized a lot of writers. Including myself cause for a bit I found myself in a slump. Now I've been regularly updating a story, now two cause Julie and I are (finally) almost finished with Undead. Like Mare (thanks Mare :)) said, I'm writing one called "Show Me a Reason", and last year I finished a short novella about their "reunion" called "Here We Stand".

As far as story suggestions...

"Dodging The Daylight" is a MUST. I fell way behind on it but the writing is amazing. You'd love it. Another is Julie's new one "Sick As My Secrets". Trust me, it's some seriously great angst. Oh, and Mare's new story! "Secrets That We Keep" is awesome. I can't remember if this was before you left or not but definitely read "Running Up That Hill" by Sakabelle if you haven't!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:48:04 PM »

Although I agree about "Running Up That Hill" One word of caution! Steph updates it as frequently as you do! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:36:31 PM »

You have been gone for a long time! LOL You've missed a lot I guess?

When Kevin came back there was a big resurgence in writing again from people who kind of stopped like you did. The new album and tour seemed to revitalize everyone for a bit! I know what did it for me was finding out they had all rented a house together in London.  The other thing that pleasantly surprised me especially last summer was the new slew of suspense stories. That genre had fallen way off over the years and the most recent page was primarily dominated by nothing but romance and then it was like BAM! Everyone started writing suspense, even people who didn't usually write it. What a nice refreshing change that was.

Now there seems to be a nice eclectic mix of stories to choose from which is great!

As far as writing, I've considerably lightened my load with that. I mostly write one story a year and post it during the summer. I occasionally will write some one shots during school but I have decided I just don't have the time or energy when school starts to write and read fanfic. I wrote a suspense last summer "Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost." and the one before. "Whatever the Night May Bring." This summer I'm going more the bromantic route. "The Secrets that We Keep."

As far as reading, "Dodging the Daylight" is one I know you'd enjoy! You'd also love Rose's new one "Show me a Reason" and one called "Brothers" by a newer author Jess20. All three of them are bromance heavy but Dodging is also suspense. I think those are primarily the ones I had been reading. Oh, you should also check out "Save a Prayer" by Carter-Orange, unless that was before you disappeared? LOL

I'm sure if I forgot anything someone will mention it.

I am really happy to see you and I am the same way with the boys. Actually, I'm in one of my downward fandom cycles. LOL

Hahahaha, I had this proud, happy smile the day I found out about Kevin's returned... then I let my 90's teenybopper self squeal a bit, lmao! I think I may have popped in a few times after Kevin's return, but it's good to know there was a resurgence of writers with the "reunion", so to speak, hahaha. I gave a listen to some of their IAWLT album songs, and was kinda sad and worried when I wasn't really receiving their new songs like how I used to; you can definitely tell that they aren't under an established record label, which is cool, but it honestly took a long while for me to get used to it and for it to grow on me, lol. I do want to check out the Backstreet Movie whenever that comes out, lmao! But back to the fics, I'm sooo glad to know there was also an increase in suspenseful writing... you know I can't stray far away from the genre for shit, lmao!!!

And that is totally understandable with how busy your schedule is Mare, and trying to find the time and energy to sit down and write or read. DOE jobs tend to just drain you at the end of each day, or at least it does for me, lmao. On top of that, I have another job that I shoot straight after school to do that ends my day, so I've been a lot busier as well; trying to hustle, lmao. Figured I'd get in as much writing and reading before my summer completely escapes me; not sure why I waited till the end of summer, lmao, but oh well. And girl, you know I feel ya with the downward cycle on the fandom, lmao!!!
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »

Oh, you should also check out "Save a Prayer" by Carter-Orange, unless that was before you disappeared? LOL

Ooooh, and I totally remember reading that before I had disappeared, lol. That's the one where NKOTBSB do this game thingy and their plane crashes or something right?

LMAO it didn't hurt that at TDS I can see who's invizzy :P.

I say go for the ride! Like Mare said, Kevin coming back has revitalized a lot of writers. Including myself cause for a bit I found myself in a slump. Now I've been regularly updating a story, now two cause Julie and I are (finally) almost finished with Undead. Like Mare (thanks Mare :)) said, I'm writing one called "Show Me a Reason", and last year I finished a short novella about their "reunion" called "Here We Stand".

As far as story suggestions...

"Dodging The Daylight" is a MUST. I fell way behind on it but the writing is amazing. You'd love it. Another is Julie's new one "Sick As My Secrets". Trust me, it's some seriously great angst. Oh, and Mare's new story! "Secrets That We Keep" is awesome. I can't remember if this was before you left or not but definitely read "Running Up That Hill" by Sakabelle if you haven't!

True, true! Hahahahaha. I was laughing when I read your messages; caught red handed! Lmao!! But like I said, I'd drop by to check on news every once in a great while, check on all my favorite peeps, see if they were still around and how they were doing. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the stories you all have suggested!! And woooooow, SFTU is seriously coming to an end soon?!  ??? Is that even possible, are you two even allowed to do that?! LOL!! That will surely be a bittersweet day in the fanfic world... lord knows I'll have to reread that fic and get caught up all over again!

And oh my, seems like "secrets" is a new theme? Lol. Ya'll are making me want to write a story about secrets or something, lmao!! And I seen DTD was written by someone with the penname KeepThisSecret or something? Lol. Can't wait to start reading that!!

Although I agree about "Running Up That Hill" One word of caution! Steph updates it as frequently as you do! LOL

LMFAO!!! Then that seems PERFECT for me!!! ;P Lmao!!!
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »

Yes! It's taken ages but we're almost there. If it helps Julie and I have another idea we're planning out to do next. Because ya know, we can't NOT have a project LOL.

Oh! So I also started a round robin of oneshots where Nick dies in every chapter because of how often writers torture or kill him. He's become our new Kenny. I think you should add to it Reb, it's in the most recent. :D

I'm pretty much as crazy as I was before LOL.

If you start a new fic you HAVE to finish it before you disappear again. I'll come after you!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »

Yes! It's taken ages but we're almost there. If it helps Julie and I have another idea we're planning out to do next. Because ya know, we can't NOT have a project LOL.

Oh! So I also started a round robin of oneshots where Nick dies in every chapter because of how often writers torture or kill him. He's become our new Kenny. I think you should add to it Reb, it's in the most recent. :D

I'm pretty much as crazy as I was before LOL.

If you start a new fic you HAVE to finish it before you disappear again. I'll come after you!

Sweet!! You and Julie's collab were always one of my dreams come true in the fanfic world, lmao. My other collab dream come true would be to have Mersey or Whitney come back and collab with Mare, lol. I'll seriously be looking forward to checking out that newest project. :) And LOL at the kill Nick fic! That poor damsal in distress; nothing has changed with that huh? Lmao. I shouldn't say that, cause I was looking to torture the poor guy (well, poor kid in the fic) with the update I'm working on, lmao.

And of course, the day we're left with a sane Rose will be the day I'll surgically attach wings to pigs and let them fly. Which is really morbid, and will never happen, so that settles that. :P Lmao. As for starting a new fic and not completing it before I disappear... teehee... I'll try not to?  ;D Lmao!!!

I'm trying to think of other authors of yesteryears, lmao.
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 08:13:20 PM »

You should go visit the those were the days thread. It's full of the oldies! 

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »

You should go visit the those were the days thread. It's full of the oldies! 

Ooooh damn, that brought back some major nostalgia!! Lol.
~Me

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:07 AM »

Reb!!!! Can I just say I missed you?
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 05:29:30 PM »

~Me

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:51:59 PM »

Unfortunately not. Haven't updated for a year, I think. But I wanted to go back to writing. Life's been pretty busy, I have 3 boys now, started a small accounting firm herein Dubai and busy with all the meetings to get more clients. lol

I think the last time we talked was when I was about to move to Dubai? And now I'm settled here. it's been that looooong. lol

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 01:29:25 AM »

Unfortunately not. Haven't updated for a year, I think. But I wanted to go back to writing. Life's been pretty busy, I have 3 boys now, started a small accounting firm herein Dubai and busy with all the meetings to get more clients. lol

I think the last time we talked was when I was about to move to Dubai? And now I'm settled here. it's been that looooong. lol

Yes I remember!! You had two boys at the time I believe, and you were supposed to be away for them, was it for two years or something? Oh girl, it's been crazy long!! So the family is out with you now in Dubai? Girl, you doing it big, I'm so happy for you!! :D

And hun, I feel ya on not writing for a long time; I haven't wrote a lick of anything in the years I've been gone, not a piece of poetry, nothing! Lmao. I decided to finally update a story I hadn't updated since 2008 just to see if I had still had it, lmao!!
~Me

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 04:55:42 AM »

The 2 boys just came here last April. Yes, I should only be working here for 2 years and when the time has come it was either I go home or the boys come here. We're finally all together now. I have enrolled them for the incoming school year so there's no turning back. lol My youngest was born here, a month ahead of Ava.
Pages: [1] 2