Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117077 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »

least favorite...lov e scenes cause I cant write them so they are boring to me i guess =( I have even gone as far as googling it and i still cant get it write lol.

I cannot stand writing about Howie...just cant do it..i have nothing in common with the man so anytime he is in a scene i tend to make it go really fast cause I just dont know what to write about. I dont know how he acts really cause I dont pay a whole hell of a lot of attention to him. which i guess is kind of sad.

Poor Howie!

You know we should do another challenge at some point where you have to write a one shot centered around the one boy you have the most trouble writing about.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »

And here's a few more questions:

If you had to write about one boy who gave you the hardest time, who would it be?

If you had to write one genre that gave you the hardest time what would it be?

If you had to write a story about a duo, who would you have the hardest time pairing up? (Besides Howie and Brian because I think that's pretty much a given for everyone so let's just go ahead and say second hardest pairing. LOL)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »

If you had to write about one boy who gave you the hardest time, who would it be?

If you had to write a story about a duo, who would you have the hardest time pairing up? (Besides Howie and Brian because I think that's pretty much a given for everyone so let's just go ahead and say second hardest pairing. LOL)

if I HAD to i guess i could do a Howie fic...done one before a longggggg time ago. But its been at leas 8yrs  I wold probably have to watch a lot of youtube videos to understand how he talks and stuff cause like i said i dont pay much attention lol.

That is a good question...hm. ..AJ & Howie are best friends...and Brian and Kevin are cousins...sooo oo maybe AJ and Kevin? That would be an interesting story maybe? Cause Kevin is sooooo serious and AJ is well...just AJ LOL

oooo realized i forgot about genre...sci-fi..i am not that big of a nerd to know much about it lol. I know certain things from like watching big bang theory and stuff that Art watches but I dont watch much of it nor do i have a huge interest in it lol.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:19:25 PM by Carter »
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 10:40:59 PM »

The question are coming so fast I can't keep up lol. I leave for a couple hours and come back to a bunch of new ones so it feels like I am talking to myself lol

Its nice to see the forum so active though :p

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »

The question are coming so fast I can't keep up lol. I leave for a couple hours and come back to a bunch of new ones so it feels like I am talking to myself lol

Its nice to see the forum so active though :p

LOL i felt the same way last night I fell asleep early and there are four new pages lol.
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »

Howie or Kevin would be the ones I'm least inclined to write about.  They are actually the most similar to me in terms of personality, so it's not that they're hard to write about, just boring LOL.

The genre that I have the hardest time with is sci-fi/fantasy.  I like things to be realistic; even if I am making something up, I want it to be grounded in reality.  I will look up the stupidest things just to make sure I'm on the right track.

I actually think Brian and Howie would be the second hardest pairing for me to write about, Kevin and Howie being the first.  I'm a Brian girl, so at least there would be Brian in that pairing LOL.  A Kevin and Howie story would probably put me to sleep!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »

I also enjoy writing scenes with a lot of action in them. They tend to go really fast fr me and usually flow really well.

On the other side of things, what are your least favorite scenes to write?

How about characters? Who are some of your least favorite characters to write?

My least favorite scenes typically are the filler ones. They're necessary and annoying LOL. The other kind would be scenes involving the wives. They're boring and blah. Another thing that can be necessary but I avoid them at all costs! I don't mind the Carters cause as much as I dislike them in real life, they're easier to write because I can use the more dysfunctional parts of my extended family for source material LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »

Brian. I think young Brian or AU Brian is a lot easier to write than present day canon Brian. I think it's just because right now his life isn't entirely angsty and Leighanne just makes that harder. It's not like say Nick or AJ with all their issues, or Kevin and Howie with their big brother vibe and the fact they were unappreciated.

Romance! Great as a subplot, will never do it again as the only plot LOL.

Probably Kevin and Howie. I just, I wouldn't have a place to go with it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »

The hardest boy for me is probably AJ. I really have no idea why. I like the guy, probably one of the sweetest guys out there and easy to talk to, but when it comes to centering a story around him, I just can't do it.

The genre that gives me the hardest time would probably be fantasy. Fantasy, I believe is the only genre I have never even attempted to try. At least that I remember. Counting short stories and collabs etc... I have covered everything else pretty much. I know I have a very creative mind and could easily come up with some scenarios, but I would have a heck of a time putting the boys into the story and not feel like I was making them too out of character.

The duo that would give me the most trouble (after Howie and Brian) is Kevin and Brian. You would think because they are cousins it would be easy but I sense really next to no chemistry between those two. Although AJ and Brian are a close third. There is chemistry there but I have such a hard time with AJ that writing Brian into the mix makes things difficult.

Okay I guess my answer is pretty much anyone (except Nick) and Brian. Because I feel like when it comes to the other guys, he doesn't give off that brotherly vibe I need when I write BSB. It makes it difficult.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »

I think AJ is the hardest to relate to of all the guys, for me anyway, because he's so "out there."  I love AJ, but some of the things he does, I'm just like, "Why?"  I don't always get him.  I have written stories where he's the main character, but I write him better as a supporting character.  He's usually either the comic relief or the one who tells the main Boy what they need to hear.

I just had this conversation with Rose last night about fantasy.  I would agree with you, Mare, that fantasy is the hardest genre (for me, anyway) because you have to make so much up.  At least with sci-fi, it's grounded in science - which seems like it should be harder because it requires some research to make it at least sound plausible, but I like to research.  It's kind of a fun challenge to see if I can mix something real with something totally out there and make it seem legit.  I don't like to just make shit up.  I am creative in some ways, but I am a lot better at taking something that already exists and twisting it than coming up with something totally from scratch.

That's so interesting about Brian.  Do you think that's just because he's sort of isolated himself?  He's the only one who lives in Georgia, and he's often the only one who has his family with him on tour most of the time.  He definitely seems wrapped up in his family life both on and off tour.  Do you think you'd have an easier time writing a Brian pairing story (with someone other than Nick) set in the 90s?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:56 PM »

I think what you said about AJ is about right for me too! He's just kind of an odd ball and it's hard to write someone like him and be able to maintain his level of kookiness for an entire story. Even when thinking about writing something about his addictions, I still don't think I could do him justice. I just spend too much of my time shaking my head and asking "Why?" when it comes to him. LOL

As far as Brian, I think even in the 90's I'd have a hard time pairing him. Brian doesn't really let us know how he feels about the other guys. He very rarely talks highly or lowly about them and never really shows all that much emotion when it comes to them. Like I've said before even back in the earlier years the Frick and Frack era, there was never any doubt that Nick LOVED Brian but I just never much saw it exchanged. Maybe way way waaay back but I think Brian was just kind of intrigued by this little kid who idolized him and kind of played into that. I think Brian really looks at BSB as his job and not much else and as a fan of bromance, this makes my life difficult especially since I WANT him to open up and be more brotherly like the others. I finally got a chance to read the liner notes to IAWLT and once again Brian's was just a  FAIL to me, but the sad part is, I wasn't expecting any more than what he said.

Not to say he doesn't care about the guys, because I know he does. But because he doesn't really show it, I've never been able to catch his emotions for things like that which makes it difficult. The only one I have no problem pairing him with is Nick because Nick thinks SO highly of him it's really easy to base Brian's emotions off of that. I think the same can be said of AJ, the problem is I can't really get a handle on him either. LOL

I can seriously go on and on when it comes to Brian because he just intrigues me! I want to love him, I really do. At times I even think wow you know he would have been one of my good high school friends but there's just this 'thing' about him that prevents me from embracing him and that does tend to translate into my writing of him and it's gotten harder as he's gotten older.

Brian is intriguing which is why I am going to write that story about his relationship with Nick next summer.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »

Girl, have you ever seen the All Access video from 1997?  With the making of the Everybody and As Long as You Love Me videos?  If not, PM me your address so I can send you a copy!  Watch that, and you'll see the side of Brian that made me fall in love with him.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:26 PM »

I have seen that and I get he's goofy, hyper and funny. I can see why people enjoy him. And it's that video I was talking about when it came to Nick. As well as some of the earlier ones. I think he enjoys being looked up to.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »

He also talks about AJ in that one, and there's a nice scene of him playing catch with Kevin.  The only one I really don't see much chemistry with is Howie, as we've said LOL.

I do think Brian would rather clown around than be serious and talk about his feelings, but I have seen him do that too, and like you said, I know he's got them.  He just doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve as much as some of the other guys do.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »

He needs to start openly bawling and sobbing and expressing his love for the others dammit! LOL

See I'm just cynical and thought that was all staged

Go throw a football with your cousin...

Say something nice about AJ

Kevin say something nice about Brian.

Now go be awkward with Howie!

That's how that entire video read to me. LOL

Maybe if I had watched it when I was younger and a die hard fan, I would have come away with a different impression.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36