Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117052 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »

Aww... I'm sure some of it was staged, but I don't think it was disingenuous.  But then, I've been watching it since I was a 13-year-old teenybopper, so I'm sure my view of it is skewed too.  I think we all just see what we want to see depending on how we feel about the guys and what we're looking for.

It's funny when I watch old stuff like that because even though I really like Nick now, I still find him annoying in most of those old videos.  He does absolutely nothing for me in the All Access video.  I'm just like, "Nick, stop trying so hard to be funny."  But I'm sure people who loved Nick in that era think he's just adorable.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »

I felt the same way about Nick in that video and a lot of the videos back then! I'm pretty sure I would have stabbed him in the face if I was Howie or Kevin considering the way he seemed to treat them! LOL but yes, you're SO right! If you were in love with him back then, it would be endearing and adorable.

I sometimes am sad that I found them when I was older and fell in love with their music first and not their looks. I've never been that kind of fan when it came to BSB. I mean I have always thought Kevin was easy on the eyes but it's his personality that I am drawn to. (For whatever reason because sometimes...lo l)

I agree, I think it really depends on what we're looking for when it comes to them as people. I mean the music is easy but when it comes to them as humans... it's a little harder. What made me want to get to know them was how big of an age difference there was between them. I don't remember if I said this on here or on twitter but I am pretty sure if they were all the same age, I most likely wouldn't have gotten to know them the way I do now and we wouldn't even be having this conversation because I would have never become more than a casual fan of their music. Weird.

I guess that's a good question:

What drew you to BSB? Was it their looks? Or their music? What came first for you and how did you end up wanting to know more about them?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »

It was their music for me.  One of my best friends discovered them first and introduced their music to me.  I remember loving the singles, Quit Playing Games and As Long As You Love Me, just from hearing them on the radio and her CD.

I remember the first time I saw them perform and actually saw what they looked like was when they were on "All That" on Nickelodeon in 1998.  That was when I picked out Brian as my favorite.  I guess it was based on his looks, but it was mostly his smile.  He stepped forward to sing his verse, "Every little thing that you have said and done," and he smiled, and I just melted.  I didn't even know his name, but I was like, "That one. Right there. He's my favorite."  Then when I did eventually read an article about them and learned their names and more about them, that just further cemented the fact that he was "The One."  I am a lot more "equal opportunity" these days when it comes to loving all of the guys, but back then, it was all about Brian.  And it was nice because all of my friends preferred Nick or AJ, so I got to have him all to myself. :)

^ That smile right there.  That was the moment. <3
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:46:41 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »

Girl, have you ever seen the All Access video from 1997?  With the making of the Everybody and As Long as You Love Me videos?  If not, PM me your address so I can send you a copy!  Watch that, and you'll see the side of Brian that made me fall in love with him.

It was this same video that cemented my love for Brian!  :drools:

I guess that's a good question:

What drew you to BSB? Was it their looks? Or their music? What came first for you and how did you end up wanting to know more about them?

1997 was the year that my friend and I became die-hard BSB fans because of an Intimate and Interactive performance that they did on Much Music. I'm pretty sure that I still have a copy of that performance somewhere on VHS. Anyways, it was a combination of their music and their looks (mostly Brian) that drew me to them. I instantly loved the way that they all seemed to feed off of each other and the sense of genuine camaraderie that they displayed.

After hearing them sing live (and realizing that they could actually sing), I was beyond hooked! In the beginning, I didn't really think much of Nick's voice, but I loved Brian's and AJ's. As Nick got older, I came to love his voice as well.

Also, I just have to say that I love the fact that you ladies are so active on this forum.  I wish that I had been around to participate in some of these recent discussions. I seriously need to start logging in more often, but it's hard to find the time. How do you guys do it?? LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »

^ You do, Erika!  Obviously we need more Brian fans on this board LOL.  Mare and I are both teachers, so we're off for the summer.  It tends to slow down when school starts up again in a few weeks.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »

After hearing them sing live (and realizing that they could actually sing), I was beyond hooked! In the beginning, I didn't really think much of Nick's voice, but I loved Brian's and AJ's. As Nick got older, I came to love his voice as well.

Nick's voice has gotten a lot better as it's matured!  He could always sing, but his voice was so whiny back in the day.  I don't know if it was the vocal lessons he took back in like 2006 or just maturity, but he's lost a lot of that.  He almost always sounds amazing singing live nowadays.
~Julie

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »

There does seem to be a distinct lack of Brian love on the board. The poor guy has kind of been getting a bad rap lately, but I still love him though.  ;D

I would kill to have the summers off!! Must be nice!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »

It is!  I'm getting my masters, so I spent all of June and part of July taking classes and moving, but I still get about a month off.  Can't complain!  It makes up for the low pay and the politics and all the other bullshit we have to put up with.  I love my job though.

And I love Brian!!!!!!  Seriously, there's no better way to bring out my inner teeny than to start talking about Brian, especially old-school Brian.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »

The long break helps. It does drastically die down by the second week of August though :( That's when reality sets in lol

And you can always join in the conversation after the fact! Even if the thread was locked. Feel free to answer any of those other questions.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »

See, I think there are a ton of Brian fans on this board lol

Brian is polarizing. People seem to really like obsessively love him or not.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 03:02:13 PM »

It is!  I'm getting my masters, so I spent all of June and part of July taking classes and moving, but I still get about a month off.  Can't complain!  It makes up for the low pay and the politics and all the other bullshit we have to put up with.  I love my job though.

And I love Brian!!!!!!  Seriously, there's no better way to bring out my inner teeny than to start talking about Brian, especially old-school Brian.

You're doing your masters!? Good for you! That takes some serious dedication. Five years of university was more than enough for me, thank you very much. LOL

My BFF and I still fangirl over Brian. Old Brian, new Brian ... it doesn't matter. Every time one of us finds a good picture, we send it to the other. Our husbands think we're nuts, but they have come to just embrace our obsession. Hahaha

See, I think there are a ton of Brian fans on this board lol

Brian is polarizing. People seem to really like obsessively love him or not.

I totally agree with this. I have never heard anyone say: "Meh, Brian's okay."

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »

I do think that's true about Brian being polarizing.  Brian and Nick.  I have never seen anyone debate so much about AJ, Howie, or Kevin.  (Julilly just pretends Kevin doesn't exist.)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »

She loves him! LOL

Yup, Nick too!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »

Hey! I just realized I have written a fantasy story! "Judy and the Beast" Would b e considered fantasy, right? Done and done! Woot! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »

Yep!
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36