Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117163 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #420 on: August 08, 2014, 02:49:36 AM »

I usually end up making playlists for my stories, too, but I use them more to get in the mood to write rather than actually listening to them while I write.  I do sometimes listen to music when I write, but usually only instrumental music, like classical stuff and movie scores.  When there are words to sing along to, I do that instead of write LOL.  I have found that music makes me more dramatic with my writing, so when I'm trying to lay off the melodrama, I don't listen to music.  If I'm writing a big, angsty, emotional scene, then music can be helpful.

I don't think I could ever write in public like you do at Starbucks, Steph.  I would be paranoid about people watching me.  Plus, I like to get up and wander around as I'm writing, and that would look weird.  I was never able to write with someone else in the room back when I used to share a room with my sister and then a dorm room with a roommate.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #421 on: August 08, 2014, 02:53:58 AM »

Here is another question....id k why this popped into my head but do you ever wonder if the boys have stumbled upon on the world of fan fiction? It makes you wonder what they would think lol

Kevin has.  They were asked about it in an interview with Perez Hilton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyv2X0BqxBI  You can tell from Nick's answer that he has no idea what he's talking about, even though he pretends he does, but Kevin has obviously stumbled onto some Nick/Kevin slash LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #422 on: August 08, 2014, 06:12:46 AM »

Depends on what I'm writing. Sometimes I need complete silence, other times I can write with music that I feel fits the story.

My new faovurite thing is actually writing in Starbucks because I find it less distracting than being at home. And I need music in Starbucks because otherwise I'll just start listening to people's conversations lol. But I find that removing myself and going somewhere with the purpose to write and accomplish something is a lot more effective than just sitting at my desk in the condo. I was like this in college as well, I'd go to the school to do homework and study rather than do it at home.

I would be too paranoid that people would be reading over my shoulder to write in a public place. I would also be yelling at everyone to shut up so I can concentrate lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #423 on: August 08, 2014, 06:36:37 AM »

Here is another question....id k why this popped into my head but do you ever wonder if the boys have stumbled upon on the world of fan fiction? It makes you wonder what they would think lol

Like Julie said, Kevin seems to know about it & I'm sure he was intrigued enough to read some. I'm not sure I would want them reading anything I wrote but it does kind of surprise me the amount of people that try to get the guys to read their stuff by @ ing it to them in tweets! Uh...no lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #424 on: August 08, 2014, 07:13:11 AM »

Right? Nooo thank you! They'd think I was psychology lmao.

I would love to know what Kevins read though.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #425 on: August 08, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »

Me too! I hope not just slash lol

If you were famous and knew about fan fiction, how would you feel about knowing stories were being written about you? And would you want to read them?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #426 on: August 08, 2014, 07:34:39 AM »

I would be too paranoid that people would be reading over my shoulder to write in a public place. I would also be yelling at everyone to shut up so I can concentrate lol

I am mega paranoid about people reading over my shoulder too! But I have a couple good spots against the wall to mitigate that lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2014, 07:53:21 AM »

If you were famous and knew about fan fiction, how would you feel about knowing stories were being written about you? And would you want to read them?

If i were famous and know about fan fiction i think my interest would be peaked. I would probably read some. Probably not respond but read some. After all some fan fiction is just like a good book but with famous people in it. Or that is how i see it anyway
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2014, 07:56:54 AM »

I couldnt write in public either. I am overly paranoid even in my own home with my kids lol. Doesnt help that my son reads at almost a 4th grade lvl either and can sound out pretty much any word lol

When i write too usualy everyone has to be asleep cause i am always worried someone is watching me lol
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »

I would be curious and check them out.  I think it would be weird to actually read stories about myself, but I would probably get a kick out of seeing what was out there.  I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the Boys - like Kevin - had done the same.
~Julie

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »

oooo another question...is there anything that just keeps you so distracted you just can't seem to write?  Today I am certainly having one of them days...I cant seem to focus even though I am feeling better =( and not to mention my cat seems to think its a good idea to steal my pen and run off with it lol.

~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #431 on: August 09, 2014, 12:27:23 AM »

Twitter.  Facebook.  This forum.  YouTube.  TV.  You name it, I'm distracted by it LOL.  I wish I enjoyed writing on paper like you do because I think I would be less distracted that way.  When I really want to minimize distractions, I will either remove Chrome from my taskbar so I can't click on it easily or write on my netbook, which is so slow that surfing the internet on it is a pain in the ass.  But usually I just let myself get distracted LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #432 on: August 09, 2014, 02:16:23 AM »

Funny you should ask that because I said earlier on twitter, Howie & his bunny killing has caused a major distraction for me while trying to come up with my final scene for the last chapter I am working on. Not that I'm even sure how to write it without a computer or word but yeah...no matter what should happen, visions of a Howie grabbing a cute small bunny out of Nick's hands, hitting it with a hammer & yelling the word dinner keep showing up instead!

So, here's another question for you

Has finding out about something in the boys real lives, ever affected your writing? Like as you are writing you found out something was totally contradictory to what you were actually writing? Or the opposite? Did it make you change things at all?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #433 on: August 09, 2014, 02:56:20 AM »

What is this thing with Howie and the bunny?!  Is this a movie spoiler?  I saw part of that conversation on Twitter earlier and was like, "O-kay then..." LOL

As far as the question goes, I remember it was hard writing Broken in 2003/2004 when Nick was in his ghetto fab phase and then dating Paris Hilton because I didn't want to write Nick as a douchebag.  I didn't write for like a week after that Punk'd episode because it was just so NOT how I was picturing Nick.  But after awhile I just stopped worrying about it and went on writing my sweet, self-conscious, emo, one-legged little Broken Nick because I liked him better LOL.

That said, I do think finding out more about that time in Nick's life through his interviews and his book has changed the way I write him, and if I wrote something that took place in his past now, my portrayal would be a lot different.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2014, 04:50:06 AM »

Sadly, yes! There was a story about Howie, a rock and dinner :( #slightlyhomicidalHowie
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36