Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 115620 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #450 on: August 13, 2014, 03:22:00 AM »

I feel the same way when I want to write. Howie, Kevin or AJ i cant seem to do it i have done it but I feel them stories are totally worthless and were one shots lol.

I can write a brian story but is never a BSB center it is always an AU story for some reason.

I think writing one shots is the only time I am willing to stray from my normal routine.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #451 on: August 13, 2014, 03:24:01 AM »

I just posted a story I have been wondering if I even should have posted it lol. I had been kicking around the idea for the last month or so. I figured since the kids were in school i'd be able to focus on it a little more and just run with it and have fun. It's more of a "what if" scenario to me lol. First time writing AJ so we shall see how long it takes me to say eff this story lol.

I give you credit for branching out. Hopefully you'll stick with it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2014, 03:45:44 AM »

Yeah that's exactly what my Brian & Nick story would've been as well. Told from present day but covering their entire relationship. I can barely manage the one I'm writing now & its my three guys, so not sure how Brian will fair.

Yeah that's kinda what I wanted to do. But I don't want to steal your idea or anything. I just couldn't come up with a plot or more ideas for it. I love those two and it was something I was toying with.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #453 on: August 13, 2014, 04:30:49 AM »

Yeah, their friendship has always intrigued me. You wouldn't be stealing my idea. I have a feeling everyone at one point has thought about the same thing. This is actually one of those plots I would love to see interpreted by a bunch of different people because depending on how you see things, I bet most of them would be different.

Maybe I'll make a frick & frack challenge - that everyone will say great idea, count me in! But no one will actually do lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #454 on: August 13, 2014, 04:57:57 AM »

Lol a Frick and Frack challenge sounds like a great idea. But you're right probably nobody would do it. I think their relationship always intrigued me because it changed so much. I have seen so many Nick and Kevin ones that I'd like to see someone take on a new conbo. That's one reason I enjoyed Sick as my secrets by Julie so much was because I'd never read a Nick/Howie story before and it was interesting.

I have tried all the guys but Nick always seems to be the one I relate t the most and aj and Howie the least. I've been trying  to write more of Howie in one shots.  So far it's been getting better.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #455 on: August 13, 2014, 05:07:02 AM »

I enjoy the Nick & Howie combo as well. Not sure I could write an entire story around those two though.

I will never get enough Nick & Kevin stories. Its the one combo which will almost always get me to click on a story.

I say almost always because I have my rules as well. It has to be a bromance. I'm not interested in love triangles or them wanting each other. Lol

I do have to say I'm glad there does seem to be a new trend back towards bromance in general.

Down with 'ro' give us more 'bro!'

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #456 on: August 13, 2014, 05:08:36 AM »

LOL. And yeah I've noticed lately romance isn't as big as it was before. Maybe it's all five being married. But I'm enjoying the increase in bromance.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #457 on: August 13, 2014, 05:17:32 AM »

Maybe it's a maturing thing. Not to say writer - wise but more guys wise. They have all settled down which makes it harder to do the random guy & girl thing unless you're really good at it.

I wonder if most of the romance people are still making up fictional females or are using the real deals?

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #458 on: August 13, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »

Many many times. The plot forms really well in my head but doesn't translate as well on 'paper'

As far as writing certain members, depends. I very rarely want to center anything around anyone else besides Nick or Kevin. I know I'm going to struggle with my Nick & Brian story to the point where I am pretty sure I'm going to end up scrapping the idea. I just can't feel Brian the way I would need to in order to maintain an entire novel with just the two of them as the focus.

Noooooooo don't scrap the idea!! LOL I would love to read your take on the whole Brian and Nick relationship. Writing Brian's isn't so hard ... it's writing Kevin and Howie that's hard!  :P

FYI, if you were to make a Frick and Frack challenge, I would totally be up for it.  ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2014, 07:41:32 AM »

Noooooooo don't scrap the idea!! LOL I would love to read your take on the whole Brian and Nick relationship. Writing Brian's isn't so hard ... it's writing Kevin and Howie that's hard!  :P

FYI, if you were to make a Frick and Frack challenge, I would totally be up for it.  ;D

Kevin & Howie are easy lol well Kevin...Howie still has his moments I guess.

Brian is tough lol I wish he wasnt .

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »

~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #461 on: August 13, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »

I would totally be down for a little Frick & Frack!!!! I love them! I told myself if i was ever going to get a couple of pugs (them are my favorite) i was going to name them Frick & Frack only because  they'd be good buddies and company of course. I know Nick & Brian aren't the same as they used to be but I think it would be a fun challenge....

and as far as romance I am using fictional characters for only Nick. Only because i dont know much about Lauren and it would get boring to use her all the time lol...same ole same ole......diffe rent girls =different backgrounds for some and different struggles. It just doesnt seem to work as well for the other guys maybe its just because they all have been married a lot longer than Nick.
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »

I give you credit for branching out. Hopefully you'll stick with it.

We shall see...I am already second guessing myself lol. I put the storyline in the back of my binder this morning. It has to deal with the other two stories i wrote with "All Of Your Life" but it doesnt require to have read the two other stories. Its more of a "what if" like i said. Its more centered around the backstreet kids from the stories so maybe that is why i am so apprehensive about it.
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »

I am all for more Frick & Frack stories!  If there was a challenge that allowed me to write a novel without any kind of deadline, I would be all for that too!  I've been toying with the idea of a Brian/Nick story, but I have too many ideas and not enough time.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2014, 11:07:06 PM »

My master's class this fall is a writing class.  It will focus mostly on teaching writing, but as part of it, we have to participate in a writer's workshop and actually do/share/submit some of our own writing.  I don't know why, but that makes me so nervous!  It's weird because writing is my hobby; I would happily write every day if I had the time, and I love sharing my writing with you guys online.  But the thought of writing original fiction (or essays, poetry, whatever) and sharing it with people in real life just makes me squirm.  I'm worried I either won't be able to come up with ideas for non-fanfic stuff or won't be comfortable sharing what I do come up with.  I didn't take any real writing classes in college because I took AP classes in high school and tested out of the college requirements, and I definitely did not experience writer's workshop the way we teach it nowadays when I was in grade school, so this is new to me!

Have you ever taken a creative writing class or something similar?  If so, what was it like?

Do you write original fiction or any other kind of writing (besides fanfic) for fun, and if so, do you share it with people in real life?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36