Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 115592 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Questions to ponder part 12
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:13:02 PM »

The other thread was getting a bit long so I thought I'd start another!

Continue on...
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »

Here's one that could be sorta lighthearted. If you had to compare yourself to one real life "famous" writer or creator in terms of your style or ideas, who would it be?

I say this because last night I was joking with Julie that we're probably the Trey Parker and Matt Stone of fanfic LMAO. Twisted, musical, and random (but everything still pertains to the plot, unlike Family Guy).
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »

Here's a brand new question for you.

What are your favorite scenes to write?

I am in the middle of writing a warm and fuzzy flashback scene and I have come to the conclusion that I love writing those types of scenes. Not sure if they're my favorites but nothing is better than sticking one of those in a story that is loaded with drama to break up the tension and give the readers a break.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:47:01 PM »

Here's one that could be sorta lighthearted. If you had to compare yourself to one real life "famous" writer or creator in terms of your style or ideas, who would it be?

I say this because last night I was joking with Julie that we're probably the Trey Parker and Matt Stone of fanfic LMAO. Twisted, musical, and random (but everything still pertains to the plot, unlike Family Guy).

I don't know if it's actually true, but I would consider it the highest compliment ever to be compared to either Jodi Picoult or Wally Lamb.

I think I would quit writing if I was ever compared to Stephanie Myers (the Twilight chick not sure if I got her name right. lol)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »

I think I would quit too Mare, so I feel you. Or the chick who wrote that 50 Shades crap.

Here's a brand new question for you.

What are your favorite scenes to write?

I am in the middle of writing a warm and fuzzy flashback scene and I have come to the conclusion that I love writing those types of scenes. Not sure if they're my favorites but nothing is better than sticking one of those in a story that is loaded with drama to break up the tension and give the readers a break.

I like writing either really angsty scenes that bring out the bromances within the group, or the ones where I get really violent and gory. Opposite ends of the spectrum but they both are just really fun for me as a writer.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »

yeah it kinda was, wasnt it ? ;)

Now to finally answer my question lol...I have a hard time writing any kind of a love scene...i have it alllll planned out in my head...and i try to write it...i can't make the words come out onto paper or typing. It just doesnt work. I have tried so many times to write or type it and  it never comes out the way i had it in my head =(

and the craziest or weirdest thing i have done for my stories? i dont have one lol...i am pretty boring lol.
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »

I don't know about comparing myself to anyone. My writing style isnt like any other people really and I havent read many books or anything so I really have nothing to compare myself too. I am not a very good writer is how i feel anyway lol.

This is going to sound really bad maybe but I have done a few funeral scenes and they seem to turn out really well. I always use a song and maybe that is why the mood is different from the rest of the stories i have written. But next to those I have written some children scenes with the boys and those always seem to turn out well too.
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »

Craziest thing I have done.... I had to hunt down a bunch of Disney travel guides from 1999 so I could get the rides and stuff for Finding Carter. I also ordered Florida travel guides too. I have a whole stack of them at my house.

For Jizzle Of Oz I watched Wizard Of Oz maybe ten times in one day.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »

I really like writing the kind of angsty, awkward, tough conversations I would never want to have or witness in real life.  There have been many of those in Sick as My Secrets, and they are always fun to write.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »

Lol you just love putting HIV-Howie through hell.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »

Clearly LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:29 PM »

I also enjoy writing scenes with a lot of action in them. They tend to go really fast fr me and usually flow really well.

On the other side of things, what are your least favorite scenes to write?

How about characters? Who are some of your least favorite characters to write?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »

I hate writing filler scenes.  I try to have as few of those as possible, but sometimes you just need them to keep the flow and set up for the action.

My least favorite characters to write are the guys' family members.  Wives, kids, parents, siblings.  As we've already discussed, sometimes it's unavoidable to at least give them a mention, depending on the situation, but I don't like actually making them into characters.  I've written a lot of Lauren and Leigh in SAMS and haven't minded them so far, but the more I can make it just about the guys, the better.
~Julie

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »

least favorite...lov e scenes cause I cant write them so they are boring to me i guess =( I have even gone as far as googling it and i still cant get it write lol.

I cannot stand writing about Howie...just cant do it..i have nothing in common with the man so anytime he is in a scene i tend to make it go really fast cause I just dont know what to write about. I dont know how he acts really cause I dont pay a whole hell of a lot of attention to him. which i guess is kind of sad.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »

My least favorite scenes to write are if I ever have to mentally torture one of the guys. I really hate doing it and I hate having to visualize that stuff in my head to get it right. I often apologize to them afterwards, which I guess can go back to one of the weirdest things you do as a writer. LOL

I also hate writing the family members although some are better than others. I find I enjoy writing Kristin and if the need comes when I have to put them in there, she's usually the spokeswoman on behalf of the wives. I never write the kids because *snore* and I try to avoid all the Carters if I can. I don't feel like I know Leigh or Lauren enough to really capture their personalities, especially Leigh. I guess Rochelle is okay too, along with Kristin. She's easy because to me, she's just AJ with boobs. I hate Leighanne but sometimes it's fun to write her. Depending on the circumstance. I could never write her nice though. Too OOC for me! LMAO

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36