Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117580 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2014, 06:09:04 AM »

So true, loving this other side to him as well! It seemed as if, when he first returned tho, the boys were actually a little mellow, like "Damn, Kevin's back, we gotta be on our best behavior; we can't goof around, and we gotta let him be the spokesperson and let him answer all the questions seriously." I don't know if it was just me that felt that vibe with their first set of interviews when Kevin came back. But, seeing the recent videos of today, and seeing that Kevin is just as crazy as the rest of them, it's like he's truly glad to be back, and instead of being a 24/7 perfectionist that's serious all the time, he's actually enjoying it all and just living the moment.

Yeah!  I went to one of the after parties last year, and Kevin was the first one out on the floor, dancing and taking pictures with the fans.  He was so chill and just looked like he was genuinely enjoying himself.  Not at all what I would have expected from Kevin ten years ago, but I also think Kevin's always had a tendency to be stereotyped as a hardass.  He obviously has that side and probably needed to use it more back in the day, but I think he's always had a good sense of humor and stuff too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »

And whyyyy oh whyyyy do I get those men mixed up for you?! LMAO! Just the other day, in another post I was like "you're a Kevin girl right?!" Hahahaha! I knew it, I was just testing you! ;) Bwahahaha!! And LMAO at you having your own look! That's like a DOE employee must... if I was your student Mare, I think your look would have probably scared me into being a straight-A student! Lmfao!!!

And omgosh girl, woooow; I would have never known! Thank you for sharing that with us, and I'm sorry if it struck up any feelings or anything. Yeah, Nick's whole family backstory and whatnot truly makes my heart ache for the guy. I may not know a lot of personal stuff about you, but to me, reading this, just like Nick, despite adversities, not really having that stable support system from the very ones who should be helping and guiding you along the way, your family, and just having to grow up way too fast beyond your years, you both had set out to make a name for yourself and stand on your own. It's easy for anyone that goes through that kind of situation of not having a home sweet home or a family to come home to to roll over and be like woe is me, I can't do anything because my family doesn't support me with anything, my home life sucks; not saying that those thoughts may have never entered the mind, but you both became your own person through your profession and... I don't wanna necessarily say "cut off", but stood apart and rose above the hand you were dealt.

It's a struggle trying to raise to the top of where you want to be or see yourself in life, but even moreso of a challenge when you don't have that extra push or set of helping hands from your family to support and help get you there. And just like with Nick, you can't help than to be proud of the person you've become.

Yes, my students have told me I have one of those looks. "Uh oh you're making her mad, she's giving you her look!" LOL

And no worries, you didn't make me bring up anything that hasn't been brought up before. I'm pretty sure everyone on the board knows about my dysfunctional family. Thank you for saying all that though, it means a lot. I do feel like, considering all the crap I've gone through that I made it out relatively okay.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »

I think when i write i relate to Nick more. Which is probably why I like him so much. We kinda have the same personalities but not really. I feel i have more in common with him or Brian than anyone else in the group.

I can relate to his family...well sorta. My parents were never home or around. I had a hard time in school and was bullied and no one did anything about it. Teachers included. So i went through my entire school career feeling like no one ever gave a flying fluck. It was hard. I still suffer from it today.  I have many issues and I hate it. I wonder some days how Art puts up with my craziness!!!

Writing fanfiction is my only way to escape i guess.

~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »

Here is a question. I dont know why I was thinking this, but I was feeding the chickens this morning and i was like wouldnt it be funny  to put one of the guys  completely out of their element. Like plop one of them  some where, where you wouldnt think they would ever want to go. Like for example AJ...I couldnt see him be on a farm, but it would be quite amusing to see lol.
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »

I have a story like that, where Nick ends up living with the Amish.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turns out I don't really enjoy writing about the Amish LOL.  But maybe if it was something I was more familiar with myself, it would be more fun to write.  Like, I don't know if you actually live on a farm or just have chickens, but because you do have them, you would be great at writing something like that you described!
~Julie

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »

i have 5 acres of land in the middle of nowhere lol. I have 60 something chickens.. three rabbits who just had babies..three dogs and 2 cats lol...might as well be a farm lol.

I live close to the Amish too like 8 miles away. I thought about a story like that but didnt feel like doing a whole bunch of research since there is so much about the Amish...and some are different than the others.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »

The thought of AJ on a farm would be pretty funny! Actually any of them on a farm I couldn't really picture.

I haven't ever really thought about doing anything like that because I'm not sure I would be interested in reading anything like that.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »

Oh wow!  That's awesome.  Yeah, definitely, it has taken a ton of research.
~Julie

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »

its defiantly different lol. I am originally from the city of Tacoma (by Seattle) so going from that to the middle of nowhere has been interesting. My parents laugh when I post pictures of my chickens and stuff on Facebook.

I guess maybe a farm was a bad example I just threw it out there since I was feeding chickens lol. But anything that you think you couldnt picture them doing. It could be anything really.
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »

another question popped into my head lol. Have you ever thought of a plot that you thought was going to be fantastic and then thought it just wasn't a good idea in the end?
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2014, 01:31:19 PM »

its defiantly different lol. I am originally from the city of Tacoma (by Seattle) so going from that to the middle of nowhere has been interesting. My parents laugh when I post pictures of my chickens and stuff on Facebook.

I guess maybe a farm was a bad example I just threw it out there since I was feeding chickens lol. But anything that you think you couldnt picture them doing. It could be anything really.

Oh, I know. I was just saying that I don't think I would ever put them in a situation where they wouldn't fit into because I personally wouldn't be interested in reading something like that. I tend to write only things that I would be interested in reading, selfishly lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2014, 01:32:06 PM »

I know what you mean.  I had an idea once where Nick decided to go to college (cause he used to talk about how he wanted to do that), which would be out of his element (except for the drinking and partying).  I never wrote it because I figured I would get bored with it, but it's always interesting to envision the guys in different settings.

~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »

another question popped into my head lol. Have you ever thought of a plot that you thought was going to be fantastic and then thought it just wasn't a good idea in the end?

There have been many! They almost never make their way on the site though because I don't bother writing them. The one I have on the site that falls into this category is my story "Comedy of Errors." I thought it was going to be a great idea to write a story completely backwards starting with the ending and ending with the beginning but it was the hardest thing I have ever written! LOL I don't recommend it!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

Oh, I know. I was just saying that I don't think I would ever put them in a situation where they wouldn't fit into because I personally wouldn't be interested in reading something like that. I tend to write only things that I would be interested in reading, selfishly lol

LOL I think everyone is like that.  Or at least, I would assume so.

Do you write the kind of stories you prefer to read?

Is there a type of story you like to read, but don't write?

Have you ever written a story that you would probably never read?
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »

I have a couple but I am pretty sure people already know my answer.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36