Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117619 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2014, 10:48:57 PM »

I tend to use quotes often as well. I love looking up quotes that fit the chapters.

I had so much fun doing that. I would write the chapter first then find a quote that fit it. It worked out pretty nice
- i want to write another novel eventually. Just havent had the right idea, or the motivation to write more than a one shot lately.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2014, 11:26:58 PM »

I would like to write another fic with song lyrics throughout the story. Gone Country had a song lyric that fit every chapter. I just cant seem to find the right songs to use most of the time or that go with a storyline for that matter. I am too picky and indecisive lol.
~Carter~

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »

I was seriously cracking up with whoever had said Rochelle is basically AJ with boobd

Rochelle being loving and generous (I mean, she is married to AJ, lol) but at the same time aware and seemingly firmly planted to the ground.

What I love about Rochelle is how she  is like a normal mom. Posting pictures/videos of Ava just like what a proud normal mom does. She's not like any other celebrity moms. I don't know how to explain this further. lol
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2014, 01:32:06 AM »

I know what you mean, Ritz.  I love that about Rochelle too.  She's just a normal person, easy to relate to.  For as out there as AJ can be, I'm glad he found someone normal to end up with LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2014, 03:09:34 AM »

^thanks, Julie. I was having a hard time explaining my thoughts. lol And, I love how she's flexible, she can be like Leighanne and interact with fans, and can be Kristin/Leigh, a quiet Backstreet wife.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2014, 03:51:05 AM »

I am all alone here tonight! :( lol where is everyone?

Like I said earlier I feel like one of my trademarks is titling every chapter. Is there something you tend to do in every story as a symbol to show it's you? I guess I'm asking if you have a "thing" lol

Hahahaha, sorry! I was working, and as soon as I got off, I had shot straight to a dinner I had with two of my friends, planning our Vegas trip. It'll be my first time going to Vegas! ^_^

As for anything that may be my signature style... uh... well, I'll title chapters, when I'm not feeling lazy, lmao! Updating Satan's Playground after all these years, I was kinda like ugh, why did I title chapters, my mind isn't feeling creative enough to come up with something! Hahaha. Just like you Mare, I use ~*~*~*~*~ when separating. Funny fact, five is my favorite number, so I'll make sure I either have five asterisks or five squiggly lines, lmao! I started off with three, now it's five... I don't know, it's just been a thing I'd do, lmao.

I'd also like using song titles or lyrics, if it was fitting of course. Using lyrics as your summary is always fun and easy, LMFAO!!! I actually like my summary for "When Doves Cry", incorporating both a song title as my title, an original summary and part of the lyrics of the song; thought it was fitting because the story was that of anguish, pain, heartache, angst, feeling broken, and the song has that creepy vibe yet deep meaning that kinda went hand in hand with the direction I wanted to take the story, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2014, 03:51:42 AM »

If you were to take one of your stories (for the readers, a story that you've read) and make it into a movie, which story would it be and why?
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2014, 03:54:30 AM »

Just like you Mare, I use ~*~*~*~*~ when separating. Funny fact, five is my favorite number, so I'll make sure I either have five asterisks or five squiggly lines, lmao! I started off with three, now it's five... I don't know, it's just been a thing I'd do, lmao.

I'm glad you always use the same number.  One thing that annoys me, only because I'm so anal, is when the number of ~*~*~ or whatever changes every time because the writer just does it randomly instead of having a consistent way of doing it.

Anyone else have any random pet peeves like that? LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2014, 04:00:01 AM »

If you were to take one of your stories (for the readers, a story that you've read) and make it into a movie, which story would it be and why?

I was going to say Song for the Undead, but it'd be better as a TV show or miniseries because it's so long, and then I realized it basically already IS a TV show called The Walking Dead LOL.  Except we wrote Undead first!  (Well, we wrote Undead before The Walking Dead was a TV show, at least.  I think the comic was around, but we had never heard of it.)  Anyway, if it was made into a movie or a show now, people would just think we had ripped off Walking Dead or Zombieland.

So that leaves me with my second choice, which would be... Secrets of the Heart?  Yeah, I think Secrets of the Heart would actually make a great movie because it has a storyline that is complex, but concise, if that makes any sense.  Every scene moves the story forward, and it's not drawn out.  It could easily fit into two hours without leaving a lot out.  It's also AU, which means it would not have to be de-Backstreet-ized.  I think it would make a cool drama/mystery/psychological thriller.  It's one of those stories that basically played out like a movie in my head as I wrote it anyway.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:02:11 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:01 AM »

I dunno if any of my stories would be good enough for a movie, unless someone else thinks so. But as a reader I think Whatever The Night May Bring by Mare would be an awesome mini series. Also 00Carter or Song For the Undead. All are great at entertaining and would be really cool to see acted out.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2014, 04:59:16 AM »

I had so much fun doing that. I would write the chapter first then find a quote that fit it. It worked out pretty nice
- i want to write another novel eventually. Just havent had the right idea, or the motivation to write more than a one shot lately.

That was what I did as well although sometimes it was the other way around and I'd have a great quote standing by and just wait to use it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2014, 05:02:12 AM »

What I love about Rochelle is how she  is like a normal mom. Posting pictures/videos of Ava just like what a proud normal mom does. She's not like any other celebrity moms. I don't know how to explain this further. lol

Yes, she seems normal and very down to earth, just like her husband.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2014, 05:09:06 AM »

Hrmm...there are a few of my own that I can really picture as a movie "To Protect and Serve" "Whatever the Night May Bring" "Shadow Woods" and "Lurks" and "Hope" lol probably because I have so much action in them, when I wrote them I always wrote as if you were watching a movie. Sometimes that's the only way I can think to get through all the complex layers to some of these things. I hope that wasn't a cop-out answer but I think it's the same with each one I mentioned above. They all have a lot of action and a pretty layered storyline that would probably be fun to watch unravel on a big screen. Did you just hear that? Oh there is is again...It was me tooting my own horn! lmao

I think "Save a Prayer" because of the action sequences, I mean can you imagine the bot flies scene? I'd looks away, but still lol "Curtain Call" because of the storyline. I could see this being one of those tearjerkers in the movie theater that girls drag their boyfriends to but they all end up loving it in the end. And going old school "Seven Days" because it was such a visual story to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:15:28 AM by mare »

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2014, 05:09:48 AM »

Yes, she seems normal and very down to earth, just like her husband.

Am I supposed to sense some sarcasm with the last statement? LMAO!!!
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2014, 05:15:01 AM »

LOL I was wondering that too, Reb!  AJ's a nice guy, but normal?  Ehhh, depends on your definition of "normal" LOL.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36