Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117464 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2014, 05:16:02 AM »

I dunno if any of my stories would be good enough for a movie, unless someone else thinks so. But as a reader I think Whatever The Night May Bring by Mare would be an awesome mini series. Also 00Carter or Song For the Undead. All are great at entertaining and would be really cool to see acted out.

Thanks, Tracy! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2014, 05:18:09 AM »

LOL I don't know, Rochelle seems as normal as her husband. Maybe it's the tattoos or frequent hair color changing. Quite possibly the binge watching of Friends. I think they are a perfect match for each other.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2014, 05:19:05 AM »

LOL I was wondering that too, Reb!  AJ's a nice guy, but normal?  Ehhh, depends on your definition of "normal" LOL.

Lol, while she's true about Rochelle, I literally snorted about AJ, hahahaha!!
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2014, 05:22:03 AM »

Oh, little pet peeves for me when reading.

The use of the word orbs for eyes! I don't know why but I can't stand that!! LOL

And sorry all, but song lyrics!! I never read them ever, I always scroll right through them. I hate when people use them in stories and I hate when people randomly tweet them. The only time I'll read song lyrics is if they are made up for the story itself. Otherwise it's one of those things that feel like a waste of my time.

Also not a big fan of "AjJs POV" or "Nick's POV" while reading a chapter. I get the need for it, but I also believe if you have written it well enough, it's unnecessary.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2014, 05:22:09 AM »

They really are a good match!

Thanks for the mentions!  I always picture the action-packed, suspenseful stories like movies in my head when I read them, anyway, so any of the ones mentioned would make great films!  I also think there are certain stories that would be even better as movies because of the cool visuals that could go with them.  Like "Whatever the Night May Bring" - you did a great job describing the sort of post-apocalyptic parallel universe in which most of the story takes place, Mare, but it would be so cool to actually see that depicted on the screen!  It'd be even better if the Backstreet Boys played themselves... and their dopplegangers, of course!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2014, 05:22:58 AM »

Poor AJ! You guys should know he is normal by his own definition of the word! Just as his manicurist and the guy who trims his beard!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2014, 05:25:49 AM »

That's why I took my song lyrics out of Broken and BMS, cause I scroll right past them when reading too, and I just felt like they were junking up the story.  Like I said, no one seems to have noticed or complained LOL.

I don't like the POV thing either, especially when it changes mid-chapter.  In the stories where I switch first person POVs, I just label the chapters with the character's name at the top, but you're right; it's probably not even necessary.  Stories like Steph's Running Up That Hill show that, when written well, you can figure out which character is telling the story without the labels.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2014, 05:26:25 AM »

They really are a good match!

Thanks for the mentions!  I always picture the action-packed, suspenseful stories like movies in my head when I read them, anyway, so any of the ones mentioned would make great films!  I also think there are certain stories that would be even better as movies because of the cool visuals that could go with them.  Like "Whatever the Night May Bring" - you did a great job describing the sort of post-apocalyptic parallel universe in which most of the story takes place, Mare, but it would be so cool to actually see that depicted on the screen!  It'd be even better if the Backstreet Boys played themselves... and their dopplegangers, of course!

Thanks!

Hey if that girl Tatiana Maslany can play five of her dancing at once, anything is possible! LOL

The bird scene is what I always think of for that one. When they have to drive over all the dead birds in the road. Hearing the crunches. yikes!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »

That man is his own breed of special, lol.
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2014, 05:28:31 AM »

That's why I took my song lyrics out of Broken and BMS, cause I scroll right past them when reading too, and I just felt like they were junking up the story.  Like I said, no one seems to have noticed or complained LOL.

I don't like the POV thing either, especially when it changes mid-chapter.  In the stories where I switch first person POVs, I just label the chapters with the character's name at the top, but you're right; it's probably not even necessary.  Stories like Steph's Running Up That Hill show that, when written well, you can figure out which character is telling the story without the labels.

Yes, that's a great example.

I do switch POV's in the middle of chapters and usually the way I do it is by using the ~*~ and hope that everyone will just be able to tell. I guess that's another thing I do. I tend to have more than one POV per chapter. Mostly in my non suspense stuff.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2014, 05:29:01 AM »

That man is his own breed of special, lol.

*nods*

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2014, 05:29:26 AM »

Ugh, I'm trying to think of questions... guess it's not really coming to me cause I'm tired. :( Lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2014, 05:30:13 AM »

Oooh, here's a question...

Why aren't my icons/emojis showing up when I put them? >:[
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »

^ You've come up with plenty! It's hard to come up with these questions and not always end up asking the same thing over and over again.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2014, 05:30:52 AM »

I see them lol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36