Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117618 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

LOL Maybe someday I'll get bored and ask Jen if she'd let me.  I bet she would.  But the last thing I need on my plate is another story right now... especially another story about HIV LOL.

The HIV series! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2014, 11:02:10 PM »

Yeah, I could probably just wrap it up in a few chapters if I chose to have him do that, but I have envisioned the story going so much farther and doing more with the Amish angle... although, I'll be honest; I really hate writing the Amish parts.  It was a good idea, just not the kind of thing I actually enjoy writing, as it turns out LOL.  So I don't know.  I just keep hoping that some summer I'll get a burst of inspiration and figure it all out.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »

The HIV series! lol

LOL No more Nick cancer stories; there's a new illness in town!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »

I hope so too! Poor Kevin! :( lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #334 on: August 03, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »

Lmao poor Kevin.

Hey I'd be cool with Nick going back and things somehow picking up there.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #335 on: August 03, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »

Well thanks for the ideas, guys!  You at least got me thinking about it again.  Not that it will amount to much now that summer's almost, but maybe someday, when Sick as My Secrets is done?  Maybe?  Someday? LOL

I feel like I've hijacked this thread with talk of my story - sorry about that!

For everyone else, what story has taken the most willpower and effort for you to finish writing?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:31:39 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:39 AM »

I would not mind if someone finished Forces Of Nature for me or even rewrote it. It was such a good idea at the time but i had AJ as the main character with a bit of Nick and Kevin thrown in. It was about storm chasing and inspired by Twister. I want to finish it one say but I struggled writing AJ as I normal do. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2014, 06:30:23 AM »

For everyone else, what story has taken the most willpower and effort for you to finish writing?

The one I'm currently writing now. I'm not even sure why but it's really been a difficult thing for me, motivating myself to continue. Maybe because compared to my last two stories that were packed with action and lots of plot this one is very simple and not really all that plot driven. It's more of a character driven story very similar to Fly Fishing but back when I wrote that one, I felt a little more connected to the guys than I do now which makes it a little bit of a struggle. I have no intention of abandoning it at all so no worries to those of you reading it, but I admit if I thought there was a decline in readership, I would consider stopping. The ironic thing is this has been to date my most popular story ever! (just going by  number of reviews received in such a small amount of time) which kind of baffles me because I'm all like why? LOL

I guess as far as an already completed one, Scars would be the answer. Oh my GOD it was like pulling teeth getting me to finally finish that one up and I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for some of my regular reviewers constantly asking me for updates and to finish it up. I'm glad I did because looking back on it I'm kind of proud of the story.

I am really proud to say that I have never just left a story incomplete and I hope that never changes.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »

I hate my life. My last night/day to sleep in before I resume DOE job, but yet I've been up since 2/3ish this morning, reading and watching news updates of a hurricane and some storm systems headed our way; contemplating if I should prepare now or later. -___- Lol. We've been lucking out with dodging storms so far, so who knows with this one.

Now, since I'm up and having a hard time going back to sleep, I shall backtrack and try to answer questions, or at least catch up, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

Yikes! Stay safe!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »

Wow, sounds scary!  Hope everything's okay, Reb!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #341 on: August 04, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »

I think I have a new answer to Carter's (I think it was Carter?) question from the other thread about hard-to-write scenes!  Chapter 25 of Sick as My Secrets... OMG!  I started it three different times and completely scrapped the first two versions.  I thought I had finished it last night, but then got up today and totally rewrote the last scene.  I've said before I'm not a big reviser; I'm more of an edit-as-I-go writer, so I very rarely delete and re-write whole scenes.  I did not expect that to be so difficult!
~Julie

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2014, 05:16:21 PM »

Yikes! Stay safe!!

Wow, sounds scary!  Hope everything's okay, Reb!

Hahaha, thanks ladies! It's projected to make landfall on... Friday I believe, which they're hoping it'll just be a tropical storm by then. I'm all about cozying up with stormy weather; who knows, it may fuel me to write a story about the boys' caught in a storm, LOL! Ha, as if I need more incomplete stories under my belt. -__-

~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2014, 05:33:11 PM »

So here is my question: How do you feel about open endings? Do you like everything to be tied in a neat bow before you actually consider a story to be finished or do you enjoy leaving some of it out for interpretation?

Another one: How do you feel about sequels? (kind of in regards to the first question and open endings) When you write a sequel do you know you're going to do it at the beginning or it is something you don't realize until you are done with the first story? What's the motivation behind your writing a series or a sequel to a story and have you ever regretted your decision to do it?

I really don't mind open endings... if I'm reading a fic that has an open ending, I'll just beg the author to get started on the sequel! LOL!! There were a few good fics that I've read that was like that, and the author was debating if they wanted to continue on or not; but at the same time, it can be you're left wondering "well, what's gonna happen now?" and that's no bueno. This is probably a stupid example, but have any of you guys seen the movie Dark Skies? I don't mind open endings like that... where a sequel is a possibility, but not a necessity... if that makes sense, lmao!

I think the only sequel I have for a fic is Empty Spaces for Incomplete. Being that I wrote that fic many years ago, my mind knew the kind of suspense I wanted to write, but as my mind made up the antagonist, more and more ideas came into my mind with how I wanted to write him, so I ended up changing the antagonist to be forever changing; just when the boys thought they knew who was after them, it ended up changing. Having that said, I knew it would take me forever to build up the backstory of this character and why he was doing what he was doing, and I just didn't want to cram it all in one story that was already like... 60 some chapters long or something, lol.

What didn't help that the fact that I had wrote my antagonist singular; as I continued on, I realized that most of the stuff that was happening in the story wouldn't work, or wasn't plausible with just one bad guy; that kind of goes along with the question posed a few posts back about going back into your story and adding something, lol. I didn't necessarily go back and add something, but I added as I went along, which now that I'm older and reading back, it was just done so sloppily, lol. Back to my decision of a sequel though, I had decided to end the first story with the boys' broken, thinking it was all done, leaving it a bit open ended so to speak, and I went into the sequel by delving into their psyche of dealing and coping with the traumatic experiences a year later.

I actually really appreciate sequels, especially when a fic is sooo good I just don't want it to end, lol.

Here is another question: Is there a story that has been incomplete forever that you would love to take over and finish for someone? Or is there a story you haven't finished that you wouldn't mind someone taking over for you?

I had done that with my Satan's Playground, giving Ashley permission to rewrite it. :) Lord knows if I could, I'd want to go back into my fics and rewrite them all... and complete them, LMAO!!!

I'd love for Mare to complete any of Mersey's stories....... .... oh, I'm sorry, are we not supposed to volunteer like that? ;P Lol.
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2014, 06:02:01 PM »

Does Mersey have incomplete stories? I thought she finished them all but it has been awhile lol
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36