Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117472 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »

So as far as Satan's Playground, does that mean that both you and Ashley are working on it still or did  you take it back? LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2014, 06:08:19 PM »

Does Mersey have incomplete stories? I thought she finished them all but it has been awhile lol

Yeah she has a few, and they sucked me in, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »

I'll have to go check! LOL She's not coming back :(
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »

I'll have to go check! LOL She's not coming back :(

At all?! :'(
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2014, 08:46:26 PM »

Doubtful :( Mersey's days of writing and reading fan fiction are pretty much over.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »

Doubtful :( Mersey's days of writing and reading fan fiction are pretty much over.

Oh wow. Shucks. "/ I would love a continuation of "A Quest For Ben & Jerry's", I think that's what it was called, lol.

Does anyone have any ideas brewing around in their heads for their next story to write? Of course, if you wanna keep it a secret you don't have to share it, lol.

And while we're on the topic of story ideas, and I'm sure this was probably asked but I hadn't seen it since I've been back, how do you guys normally come up with your story ideas? Is it inspired, based off an experience? Do you normally like to take current events and just throw the boys in them? Do you stick with our "old school fanfic method" and just do twists on them? If you have an idea, and notice a writer wrote/is currently writing a story similar to your idea, do you continue on with it?
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »

So as far as Satan's Playground, does that mean that both you and Ashley are working on it still or did  you take it back? LOL

LMAO!!! Well, when I had given her permission to rewrite it, I also said that I would look to just finish what I had started; rewriting was a possibility for me, but I wasn't gonna hold myself to it, hahaha. It went along with the whole "who would you want to pass your story down to" convo we had oh so long ago. At that point in time, I wasn't really inspired, and had wanted to read more than write, get the suspense out of a fic that people had seem to get out of my fic of SP; being that Ash and I talked a lot, and she was one of my fave authors and I liked her writing style, I gave her permission to take the idea/story and write it her way. I guess then I wanted a fresh look on this story concept and just wanted to read something that would help strike my muse again. I do not if my explanation makes sense, lmao!
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #352 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

Oh wow. Shucks. "/ I would love a continuation of "A Quest For Ben & Jerry's", I think that's what it was called, lol.

Does anyone have any ideas brewing around in their heads for their next story to write? Of course, if you wanna keep it a secret you don't have to share it, lol.

And while we're on the topic of story ideas, and I'm sure this was probably asked but I hadn't seen it since I've been back, how do you guys normally come up with your story ideas? Is it inspired, based off an experience? Do you normally like to take current events and just throw the boys in them? Do you stick with our "old school fanfic method" and just do twists on them? If you have an idea, and notice a writer wrote/is currently writing a story similar to your idea, do you continue on with it?

I don't think I know that one. LOL It's been a long time. Ben and Jerry's? I'll have to ask her about that.

I'm planning a new story this summer which will center around Nick and Brian. I don't know much else besides the fact that I'm going to explore all facets of their friendship from the time they met until present day. No idea if there will be suspense of more like the one I'm doing this summer.

If that one turns into a mega fail since I have a hard time writing Brian to begin with, then I'll come up with another action/suspense group one. Maybe it's time they endure a natural disaster or a fire or bomb scare or something like that.

When I write my suspense stuff, most of it comes from my own brain. Sometimes it's a dream but others it's just me thinking hrmm I wonder what would happen if... lol for other stories like Why, I just use their own lives and what's happening in them and then add a little more action to make it more fun to read about.

As far as what if other people are writing the same thing at the same time. It's happened before and all I have to say about that is, everyone has their own interpretation of things. The way I write a kidnapping story is going to be different then the way you would or Rose or Erika or anyone else who writes suspense. Sometimes it's kind of fun if there is more than one story which could be considered similar going on at once just to get those different perspectives.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »

LMAO!!! Well, when I had given her permission to rewrite it, I also said that I would look to just finish what I had started; rewriting was a possibility for me, but I wasn't gonna hold myself to it, hahaha. It went along with the whole "who would you want to pass your story down to" convo we had oh so long ago. At that point in time, I wasn't really inspired, and had wanted to read more than write, get the suspense out of a fic that people had seem to get out of my fic of SP; being that Ash and I talked a lot, and she was one of my fave authors and I liked her writing style, I gave her permission to take the idea/story and write it her way. I guess then I wanted a fresh look on this story concept and just wanted to read something that would help strike my muse again. I do not if my explanation makes sense, lmao!

Uh...nope. Made no sense! lmao

kidding, I understand what you're saying. At least I think I do. Anyway...I'm glad you're taking the reigns back and writing on it again, even if I'm afraid to read it because I know you're going to disappear and leave us hanging again!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »

I don't think I know that one. LOL It's been a long time. Ben and Jerry's? I'll have to ask her about that.

I'm planning a new story this summer which will center around Nick and Brian. I don't know much else besides the fact that I'm going to explore all facets of their friendship from the time they met until present day. No idea if there will be suspense of more like the one I'm doing this summer.

If that one turns into a mega fail since I have a hard time writing Brian to begin with, then I'll come up with another action/suspense group one. Maybe it's time they endure a natural disaster or a fire or bomb scare or something like that.

When I write my suspense stuff, most of it comes from my own brain. Sometimes it's a dream but others it's just me thinking hrmm I wonder what would happen if... lol for other stories like Why, I just use their own lives and what's happening in them and then add a little more action to make it more fun to read about.

As far as what if other people are writing the same thing at the same time. It's happened before and all I have to say about that is, everyone has their own interpretation of things. The way I write a kidnapping story is going to be different then the way you would or Rose or Erika or anyone else who writes suspense. Sometimes it's kind of fun if there is more than one story which could be considered similar going on at once just to get those different perspectives.

I think the story started off with AJ and Nick going to the store for some ice cream, and AJ finds Nick being held up by a dude with a gun. I think. LMAO!!! I haven't read it in so long, I'm gonna have to go back and read it again, even though it's just one chapter. :( Lol.

And that's what my mind has been brewing too, lol. I wanna throw those guys in the middle of a storm and see how they'll come out of it; or put them on a plane that just disappears and trying to figure out if its a Bermuda mystery or terrorists they're dealing with. Yanno, stuff that'll separate them from their families so I won't have to deal with writing them too much, LMAO!!!

Uh...nope. Made no sense! lmao

kidding, I understand what you're saying. At least I think I do. Anyway...I'm glad you're taking the reigns back and writing on it again, even if I'm afraid to read it because I know you're going to disappear and leave us hanging again!

LOL. Yeah, I'm horrible for that, lol. I should have an award for that... but then it'll keep me away so I can live up to my reputation, lol.
~Me

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #355 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »

For everyone else, what story has taken the most willpower and effort for you to finish writing?

well now that I am feeling better and like 10 pages later i will jsut answer this one lol...

Quite a few of my stories take some will power esp if I feel like no one is reading it. It can take me a while to put out chapters. Sometimes reviews will do that too. Id say "Happily Never After" probably took me the longest to really get going. I knew waht i wanted to have happen but I dont know if I really had it in me to finish it since for the most part had bad grammar etc. its finished now though...took me almost a year.
~Carter~

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2014, 03:54:11 AM »

How did you guys first feel about fanfic? Were you weirded out about the concept of creating/writing stories about real life people? How did you first stumble upon it? Being that we're older, what are your thoughts about writing fanfic now, has it changed from when you first discovered/wrote/read?

Sorry for my slew of questions, lol.
~Me

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2014, 04:46:48 AM »

I have been wanting to write a suspense/action story. I have this idea since last year but I promised not to start anything unless The Other Side is finished. Nick is an undercover for drugs, he is not a cop but an asset to them. He reports all the drug dealers he discover during tours, parties and whatever. All I have right now is a backstory, how he became an undercover and stuff. Hopefully, I can pull it off.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2014, 05:24:52 AM »

I have been wanting to write a suspense/action story. I have this idea since last year but I promised not to start anything unless The Other Side is finished. Nick is an undercover for drugs, he is not a cop but an asset to them. He reports all the drug dealers he discover during tours, parties and whatever. All I have right now is a backstory, how he became an undercover and stuff. Hopefully, I can pull it off.
~Me

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

How did you guys first feel about fanfic? Were you weirded out about the concept of creating/writing stories about real life people? How did you first stumble upon it? Being that we're older, what are your thoughts about writing fanfic now, has it changed from when you first discovered/wrote/read?

Sorry for my slew of questions, lol.

My first fanfic exposure was when my sister and her friend would write NKOTB fics and I would record them on my Fisher Price tape recorder (complete with voices) - I was 8/9 so my acceptance level was pretty high for that kind of thing lol with BSB fic online I was 14 so it was basically the best thing ever!

As an adult, I don't tell people that I write unless we are really close because there's a lot of judgement for things that can be considered "childish" and I don't want to invite it. I'm definitely not nearly as into it as I was because I have other hobbies to fill my time so it definitely has changed for me personally. The fandom has also changed in that fanfic just isn't as popular now so there's fewer authors, but the stories are generally better adults, many of whom are college grads, writing them not high school students. It's definitely a different landscape now!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36