Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117486 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #405 on: August 07, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »

Why don't you do the same here? I know you had mentioned you have several chapters of some of your BSB stories written but they still haven't been updated like that robot one lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #406 on: August 07, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »

With Show Me, it's the first story I've updated regularly once a week on a set day. I don't think it's helped me at all in the sense of readers or reviews, buts it has helped me give myself deadlines. I've been staying ahead of myself by a few chapters and I know what day to finish one by  before posting to keep it that way. It's kinda nice lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

Why don't you do the same here? I know you had mentioned you have several chapters of some of your BSB stories written but they still haven't been updated like that robot one lol

I second this so much lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #408 on: August 07, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »

With Show Me, it's the first story I've updated regularly once a week on a set day. I don't think it's helped me at all in the sense of readers or reviews, buts it has helped me give myself deadlines. I've been staying ahead of myself by a few chapters and I know what day to finish one by  before posting to keep it that way. It's kinda nice lol.

That's why I do it to.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #409 on: August 07, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

It all makes sense now! Lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #410 on: August 07, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »

Haha thanks guys. I am still working on them but I feel bad that I update and leave the story hanging. So I'm going to update on those once I actually complete them (and I have been working on them lately!) and when that happens I'll use the same model.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #411 on: August 07, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »

I miss writing regular stories. But when I did I would update once a day or every other day, mostly whenever I felt like. I dont believe anyone cared cause my stuff had only a handful of people reading, so nobody minded as long as I update. Like Julie said people will read when they can so I didn't have a schedule.

I used to crank out 1,000 word chapters a day too, I remember doing that with Finding Carter. I would post as soon as I was done since I edit as I went.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #412 on: August 07, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »

As soon as i have written a story and it is typed up i post it. I usually write one day and type another. Next week though updates will probably become more frequent cause thr kids start school on wedensday ( yay..opps did i just say that out loud ;)) but for now its just whenevrr lol
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #413 on: August 07, 2014, 09:21:10 PM »

Here is a question...is there something you have to have or doing while writing like have snacks at your desk or listenig to music.

I cant write in less i am listening to music. Writing quietly bores me to tears...and sometimes i have a snack or two at my desk at all times. Usually a big ole bag of jolly ranchera or somethinf.  I very well couls be the weird one around here lol
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #414 on: August 07, 2014, 09:36:43 PM »

I need complete silence when I write.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

I need complete silence when I write.

i cant even sleep with complete silence either...need some kind of noise lol
~Carter~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2014, 10:29:40 PM »

I have playlists for every story I write, except one shots lol. Songs that fit the time or feel of the story. I dub them my personal soundtracks.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #417 on: August 07, 2014, 10:42:53 PM »

Depends on what I'm writing. Sometimes I need complete silence, other times I can write with music that I feel fits the story.

My new faovurite thing is actually writing in Starbucks because I find it less distracting than being at home. And I need music in Starbucks because otherwise I'll just start listening to people's conversations lol. But I find that removing myself and going somewhere with the purpose to write and accomplish something is a lot more effective than just sitting at my desk in the condo. I was like this in college as well, I'd go to the school to do homework and study rather than do it at home.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #418 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:43 PM »

I have a complete favorites play list...it has 300 songs or so on it cause if i put my normal one on which has almost 3000 songs on it...i tend to skip through it too much and then i never get anything done lol.
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »

Here is another question....id k why this popped into my head but do you ever wonder if the boys have stumbled upon on the world of fan fiction? It makes you wonder what they would think lol
~Carter~
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36