Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117117 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #435 on: August 09, 2014, 05:00:09 AM »

LMAO!  It's not really funny, but I'm telling you, Howie has a dark side!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2014, 05:01:54 AM »

Me too! I hope not just slash lol

If you were famous and knew about fan fiction, how would you feel about knowing stories were being written about you? And would you want to read them?

Oh I would so check them out. It'd be weird but yep, I'd read em out of curiosity.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2014, 05:06:16 AM »

Twitter.  Facebook.  This forum.  YouTube.  TV.  You name it, I'm distracted by it LOL.  I wish I enjoyed writing on paper like you do because I think I would be less distracted that way.  When I really want to minimize distractions, I will either remove Chrome from my taskbar so I can't click on it easily or write on my netbook, which is so slow that surfing the internet on it is a pain in the ass.  But usually I just let myself get distracted LOL.

THIS! In a nutshell.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2014, 05:08:18 AM »

Funny you should ask that because I said earlier on twitter, Howie & his bunny killing has caused a major distraction for me while trying to come up with my final scene for the last chapter I am working on. Not that I'm even sure how to write it without a computer or word but yeah...no matter what should happen, visions of a Howie grabbing a cute small bunny out of Nick's hands, hitting it with a hammer & yelling the word dinner keep showing up instead!

So, here's another question for you

Has finding out about something in the boys real lives, ever affected your writing? Like as you are writing you found out something was totally contradictory to what you were actually writing? Or the opposite? Did it make you change things at all?

Sometimes. Like it wasn't events but like as I wrote RMTW seeing the Boys happy and healthy in concert didn't help with me writing Nick losing his mind  :P. Sometimes real life events inspire ideas or new changes though that I hadn't thought of. If it doesn't fit the story I ignore it. If I can work it in I think it's a neat way to go.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2014, 10:04:44 PM »

So, here's another question for you

Has finding out about something in the boys real lives, ever affected your writing? Like as you are writing you found out something was totally contradictory to what you were actually writing? Or the opposite? Did it make you change things at all?

I have been away from the scene of seeing a lot about the guys and interviews and such I havent really read or seen anything make me go i didnt know that lol...i am terribly behind on these kinds of things lol.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2014, 10:06:58 PM »

That's probably a good thing sometimes lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »

I tend to be affected by things going on in their real lives when I'm trying to write them. It's kind of awesome when things work out to be like how you picture it, like seeing the guys living in a house together, Kevin & Howie taking Nick fishing on one of his birthdays, going camping and most recently hiking together. But when its the other way around it can be a real bummer. Like Kevin leaving and Howie having homicidal tendencies  and Hot messNick of early 2000's lol or working with nkotb. That's when I start struggling a bit.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #442 on: August 09, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »

After I had gotten together with my ex i pretty much took myself away from the fandom completely because he was "jealous" or something idk..to me it was bull honky but i obeyed. I stayed away. I didnt even know unbreakable was released until after whole year it had been out! And that was totally unlike me,but after I left him it was like..an OMG they have had TWO albums out and i didnt even know about it?!? We were together for almost 7ys.
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #443 on: August 10, 2014, 11:37:01 PM »

Twitter.  Facebook.  This forum.  YouTube.  TV.  You name it, I'm distracted by it LOL.  I wish I enjoyed writing on paper like you do because I think I would be less distracted that way.  When I really want to minimize distractions, I will either remove Chrome from my taskbar so I can't click on it easily or write on my netbook, which is so slow that surfing the internet on it is a pain in the ass.  But usually I just let myself get distracted LOL.

the funny thing is I write AT my computer desk so I am just as tempted LOL! Facebook gets me the most...cause i play farmville with my mother in law lol...so we send each other stuff throughout the day. All of my music is also on my computer. I dont own an ipod or an MP3 player so if i want to listen to music i have to do it at my desk lol. My phone will play pandora every once in a while when it isnt a piece of crap lol.
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »

New question...has there ever been a story you wanted to write but just couldnt put the plot together? Or ever want to write about a certain member but just cant seem to get youraelf motivated to do so?
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #445 on: August 12, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »

Many many times. The plot forms really well in my head but doesn't translate as well on 'paper'

As far as writing certain members, depends. I very rarely want to center anything around anyone else besides Nick or Kevin. I know I'm going to struggle with my Nick & Brian story to the point where I am pretty sure I'm going to end up scrapping the idea. I just can't feel Brian the way I would need to in order to maintain an entire novel with just the two of them as the focus.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #446 on: August 12, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »

I feel the same way when I want to write. Howie, Kevin or AJ i cant seem to do it i have done it but I feel them stories are totally worthless and were one shots lol.

I can write a brian story but is never a BSB center it is always an AU story for some reason.
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #447 on: August 13, 2014, 12:46:02 AM »

I have had the idea for a canon story with Nick and Brian forever. I just havent gotten far with the idea and I have no clue what time period to write it in but I want to do one about their friendship and how it has changed as time goes by. I am not sure how to go about that so for now it is on hold.

I wish Forces Of Nature had worked out. Writing about the storm chasing idea sounds fun. I just couldn't write AJ and that's always been a problem for me especially with AU.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #448 on: August 13, 2014, 12:51:49 AM »

I just posted a story I have been wondering if I even should have posted it lol. I had been kicking around the idea for the last month or so. I figured since the kids were in school i'd be able to focus on it a little more and just run with it and have fun. It's more of a "what if" scenario to me lol. First time writing AJ so we shall see how long it takes me to say eff this story lol.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #449 on: August 13, 2014, 03:20:38 AM »

I have had the idea for a canon story with Nick and Brian forever. I just havent gotten far with the idea and I have no clue what time period to write it in but I want to do one about their friendship and how it has changed as time goes by. I am not sure how to go about that so for now it is on hold.

I wish Forces Of Nature had worked out. Writing about the storm chasing idea sounds fun. I just couldn't write AJ and that's always been a problem for me especially with AU.

Yeah that's exactly what my Brian & Nick story would've been as well. Told from present day but covering their entire relationship. I can barely manage the one I'm writing now & its my three guys, so not sure how Brian will fair.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36