Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 116781 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #480 on: December 06, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »

I think if you posted a new story it would completely bring readers back to the site.

I think you're trying to trick me lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #481 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:34 AM »

I think you're trying to trick me lol

Not at all. *whispers* If you post it...they will come. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #482 on: December 06, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »

Have any of you also experienced a lull in your reading as well while you're not writing? I know some of you aren't big readers but I am curious on this as well. If not, what stories have you been reading lately? (I'm looking for new stories to read myself)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #483 on: December 06, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »

I don't know if I would call my break a official hiatus per se but it's been a hot minute since I've written anything other than a one shot. I am feeling good about this Christmas challenge though, I've got some ideas for it.

karahleigh

• Team MC
  • Fledgling
  • I <3 Nick Carter
    • My Confession
« Reply #484 on: December 06, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »

There was a span from like April to well last month that I didn't update anything really. I was suffering from really low iron in my blood and had no concentration and every ounce that I had went on work. I don't consider that a hiatus.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #485 on: December 06, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »

I think one reason a lot of people aren't writing lately is due to life getting in the way. I'm sure once spring/ summer comes around it will pick back up. At least that's what I am hoping lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #486 on: December 07, 2014, 02:42:40 AM »

I have hardly been in here for quite some time. But being that I've been on somewhat of a writing funk myself, a question came to mind.

Have you ever gone on a hiatus from writing? Was it due to life getting in the way? Or just being uninspired?

How long was your writing break, and how did you get yourself the spark to write again?

I should have said "questions" but hope that this sparks a discussion. I know I could sure use some tips to bring
My muse back.

Not intentionally. I don't ever go on hiatus really. I more or less just take longer to update cause of life getting in the way. Like I went about three months from my last update for Show Me and before that I was updating once a week. I'm trying to get myself consistent again.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #487 on: December 07, 2014, 02:43:23 AM »

Have any of you also experienced a lull in your reading as well while you're not writing? I know some of you aren't big readers but I am curious on this as well. If not, what stories have you been reading lately? (I'm looking for new stories to read myself)

LOL yes but not because I don't want to read. It's because the stories I was reading are written by people having the same problem I am - reality getting in the way!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #488 on: December 07, 2014, 05:38:16 AM »

When I lose interest in the fandom, I lose interest in the fandom so yes, not really reading anything either. Maybe in the summer. We'll see. I'm hoping this documentary coming out the day before my birthday will re-ignite the dwindling love I have for BSB.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #489 on: December 07, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

I'm way too ADHD to be a good reader. I don't know how people do it. Especially those 50+ chapter behemoths!

I can usually make it okay for the first four or five chapters and then I'm like BALL! SHINY! GLITTER! and I'm out. I'm sure anyone who has had me review one of their stories can attest that reviews from me stop well before chapter 10 lol sorry about that. It's not you, it's me  ;)

That's probably why so many of my earlier written stories aren't longer than 15 chapters. I don't watch TV unless its binge watching bc there's no way I can keep up with a show. If you look on my bookshelf, the very few books I own almost all have a bookmark or a dog ear in the first 1/4 of the book bc I never finish them. I think I've successfully finished 1 book in the last 5 years.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #490 on: December 07, 2014, 05:57:32 PM »

I have been reading a little but most of the people I usually read haven't been  updating. So that goes hand in  hand for me.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #491 on: December 08, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »

I haven't been writing or reading at all, really.  I come by this forum to see what everyone is up to.  I have three in-progress stories, and I'd love to finish them all,  but I'm just not sure when that is going to happen (maybe when my kids graduate high school? Lol) I've thought about posting that my stories are "on hiatus," but I'm not sure I really want to do that, because I'm afraid that will take any little pressure there is off, and I'll NEVER finish them.  Like Mare, I'm hoping the documentary reignites my love for the fandom and fan-fiction in general.  Honestly, with a four year old and a four month old at home, work, and a sick parent, if I get any spare time, I just want to rest-- or do laundry.  I could always do laundry.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2014, 03:55:07 AM »

I haven't written or read anything for a while.  Not that I've lost interest in it, it's just real life getting in the way and not having the time I used to.  Plus doing mostly everything on a phone isn't really ideal lol.

I will get back to it though, I just need a new laptop :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #493 on: December 16, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

I have hardly been in here for quite some time. But being that I've been on somewhat of a writing funk myself, a question came to mind.

Have you ever gone on a hiatus from writing? Was it due to life getting in the way? Or just being uninspired?

How long was your writing break, and how did you get yourself the spark to write again?

I should have said "questions" but hope that this sparks a discussion. I know I could sure use some tips to bring
My muse back.

Seems like a lot of us are in a slump and trying to get back into our groove!  I haven't written any fanfic since August, and I think this is the longest hiatus I've ever taken.  I didn't intend to take it, but I feel like I've been going nonstop ever since the "back to school" craziness started in August.  It just never let up!  I am getting my master's, and that has really cut down on my writing time because I usually have homework to do over the weekend, which used to be my writing time.  I know they say you make time for the things you love, but even though I love writing, it takes a lot of mental energy that I just don't have after a long day/week of work.

Since it's been SO long since I have even opened my story, I am struggling to get back into my groove.  My class is done for the semester, and I have three more school days until break, but I also still have Christmas shopping and wrapping and baking to do.  This time of year is fun, but so busy!  I hate being busy.  I am looking forward to some down time to devote to re-reading Sick as My Secrets so I can get back into writing it.

I guess that's my main tip - re-read!  Listening to music also inspires me sometimes.  I have a playlist for SAMS that I was playing in my car on the way to work this morning, and it got me thinking about the story and writing dialogue in my head, as I tend to do... but of course, by the end of the day when I was on my way home from work, my mind was all filled up with school stuff, and I was too tired to even try to write some of that dialogue down.  Such is my life. LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #494 on: December 16, 2014, 07:41:36 PM »

When I lose interest in the fandom, I lose interest in the fandom so yes, not really reading anything either. Maybe in the summer. We'll see. I'm hoping this documentary coming out the day before my birthday will re-ignite the dwindling love I have for BSB.

You are going to love the documentary!!  There was not a dry eye in the house just during the 20 minute clip they showed us on the cruise.  Of course, it was Kevin, and he was crying, so, you know... but still, it was really good!!  I think it will be good for inspiration, especially for writers who love the bromance.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36