Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: First & Lasts  (Read 9210 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
First & Lasts
« on: August 07, 2014, 05:35:21 PM »

Here's a new fanfic related survey for you. I'm going to eventually make my questions shorter once you get the idea. Lol

1) What was the first fanfic you read?
2) What was the last fanfic you read?
3) What was the first fanfic you wrote?
4) What was the last fanfic you wrote?
5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry?
6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry?
7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read?
8) Last one you binge read?
9) First author you sent feedback to?
10) Last author?
11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? ( where the author hadn't updated in over a year or more)
12) last one?
13) First story you read out of your comfort zone?
14) Last one?
15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone?
16) Last one?
17) First story you ever considered your favorite?
18) Last one?
19) What was the very first story you ever completed.
20) Last one?
21) First story you read where you wished you had written it?
22) Last one?
23) First collaboration?
24) Last one?
25) First award you ever won or was nominated for?
26) Last one?
27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing?
28) Last one?
29) First story that you actually had to do research?
30) Last one?
31) First story you ever regretted writing?
32) Last one?
33) Which original character was your first favorite to write?
34) Last one?

I can't think of anymore but if you can, feel free to add it to the list. Also feel free to elaborate on your answers with moret, than just a name of a story. You can also tell us why for some of them! Have fun!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
Re: First & Lasts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:23 PM »

1) What was the first fanfic you read? oh gosh i dont remember. I think it was a Hanson fic to be honest.

2) What was the last fanfic you read? Fault Lines by Kyrie...but I am a bit behind on all my reading.

3) What was the first fanfic you wrote?  Internet Love

4) What was the last fanfic you wrote? I am currently writing Southern Comfort

5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry? I have a terrible memory..i cant remember

6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry?  I think it was Show Me a Reason by Rose

7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read? when I was doing the summer challenge actually on Roses' Remember Me This Way

8) Last one you binge read? Remember Me This Way

9) First author you sent feedback to?  (i actually looked through my reviews lol) her name was Anita back in 2004 when i first joined

10) Last author? Sapphire for Family Matters

11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? ( where the author hadn't updated in over a year or more) I am sure there has been quite a few..but my short term memory loss is kicking in again!

12) last one? Usually if a story hasnt been updated for more then a few months I normally wont come back it to  be honest.

13) First story you read out of your comfort zone? I cant remember the title but it was a sci fi kinda story. Nick was recruited for some kind of military mission or something.

14) Last one? same as above

15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone?  it was called the perfect band...it was sci-fi...it sucked lol. I had to write it for my creative writing class in high school.

16) Last one? same as above

17) First story you ever considered your favorite? Teri's somewhere I belong series

18) Last one? I have so many now but Dodging The Daylight is very much up there at the top of the list right now

19) What was the very first story you ever completed? Internet Love

20) Last one? Happily Never After

21) First story you read where you wished you had written it? Probably Teri's series lol

22) Last one? as far as like concept goes probably dodging the daylight..it is effin awesome!

23) First collaboration? I did one with a girl name Veronica like 10yrs ago called I Need You

24) Last one? same as above..

25) First award you ever won or was nominated for? i have never been nominated or won anything

26) Last one? same as above

27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing? proboably All of Your Life since i had such a huge break from writing altogether

28) Last one? Happily Never After because I knew what I wanted to have happen but I think it was lack of motivation and reviews

29) First story that you actually had to do research?  All of Your Life for when Rayna lost the twin. I was going to have some dramtic problem but i ended up leaving it out.

30) Last one? one of my stories that is in my current "que" list to write..its untitled

31) First story you ever regretted writing? anything that dealt with post BSB writing lol

32) Last one? I dont think I regret anything really. If i have an idea i will write it pretty much and if someone doesnt like it they can kind of kiss my butt is kind of the mentailty i go for. When i get something in my head I wil normally write it until I have finished it

33) Which original character was your first favorite to write? Abby from Internet Love because she was completely based off of me...cause I had just moved...my senior year of high school...didnt know anyone.

34) Last one? Rayna for my Permanent Stain series..again she was a little based off of me..but also she was a tough cookie....some thing I am not lol.
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:08:30 AM »

1) What was the first fanfic you read?  I can't remember the very first one I read but I think it was one of Jennas stories.

2) What was the last fanfic you read?  sick as my secrets by Julie

3) What was the first fanfic you wrote? It was called Incomplete and its still on the site lol. It's bad and cheesy. I don't have the heart to remove it  and I keep it to show how much ive grown.

4) What was the last fanfic you wrote?  I think it was a one shot for 1,000 ways. If we are talking full length it was Finding Carter.

5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry? Damn. I can't think of one. I am pretty sure it was It Stays With You by Mare.

6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry? The wedding scene in Song For The Undead made me cry.

7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read?  I am bad at this because my memory sucks. Perfection was one I kept clicking next on. I loved that story.

8) Last one you binge read?  I did a lot of that last summer. I read a bunch of Mare's stuff. I keep meaning to do that again. So I will say The thirteenth step

9) First author you sent feedback to? It might have been Rose. I remember begging and bribing her with cookies to update one lol

10) Last author?  Julie

11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? ( where the author hadn't updated in over a year or more)  time watcher by Pengi. Wish she'd finish it.

12) last one?  Guilty Roads (cough) LOL

13) First story you read out of your comfort zone?  I read a slash for the reading challenge last year. It was by mamogirl

14) Last one?  Forever by Emily michele

15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone?   figured you out

16) Last one? Finding carter

17) First story you ever considered your favorite?  It stays with you by mare

18) Last one?  Whatever the night may bring by Mare

19) What was the very first story you ever completed.  Incomplete  (lol)

20) Last one?  Full length story, I would say finding Carter

21) First story you read where you wished you had written it?  It stays with you by mare

22) Last one? 

23) First collaboration? I only tried a collab once with Kevmylove and it didn't work out. Unless we count the romance series I write, I put her as a Co author because she helped write dialogue.

24) Last one?  Haven't done any others since. I'd be open to trying though.

25) First award you ever won or was nominated for?  I won a Felix award for Figured You Out for Best Suspense story. Haven't one a single one since. Been nominated for plenty though.

26) Last one?  Same answer as last question

27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing?   Figured You Out because it was so different for me.

28) Last one?  Finding Carter because I'd never done a novel in first person POV before.

29) First story that you actually had to do research?  Finding Carter

30) Last one? Same answer as last question

31) First story you ever regretted writing?  I don't really regret writing any stories. I regret not doing better in some of them.

32) Last one? See previous answer.

33) Which original character was your first favorite to write?  Valerie in figured you out because she was bat shit insane. I also loved Brandy in Forces Of Nature because she wasn't a mary sue character. I liked that about her.

34) Last one? Russel in In a World Like This. Wish I'd finished that story. It was a great idea and I could have done a lot with him. I just didn't feel confidence with that story and I stopped working on it.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »

I do love seeing people say I made them cry. I feed off your tears!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 02:28:46 AM »

I can't count the number of times I've cried reading one of your stories Rose lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 05:02:02 AM »

1) What was the first fanfic you read?  Blind Love by JJ
2) What was the last fanfic you read?  Kidnapping and Tortured by Mistral and Carterkid

3) What was the first fanfic you wrote?  Years of Grace
4) What was the last fanfic you wrote?  Sick as My Secrets

5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry?  Blind Love, the first one I ever read
6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry?  Song for the Undead (one of Rose's last chapters)

7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read?  Blind Love - it wasn't very long, as "novels" go, but I did read it all in one sitting.
8) Last one you binge read?  Dodging the Daylight by KeepThisSecret

9) First author you sent feedback to?  Sadly, I don't remember. Probably my friend Rachel, who was the first to give me feedback. I don't remember if I actually emailed any other author before her.
10) Last author?  Mistral

11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? (where the author hadn't updated in over a year or more)  I'm not sure if this was really the first, but it was the first one that bothered me enough that I still remember it.  It was a story called Saving Grace that was hosted on Wiggy Cool's site, if any of you have been around long enough to remember that.
12) last one?  Borrowed Time by Pengi

13) First story you read out of your comfort zone?  Probably the first visual I read... something about Brian and the girl having sex on a chemistry table, which turned out to be her dream in chemistry class.  I read it in the computer lab at my mom's school while she was working on the other side of the room.  Awkward!  Apparently they did not have very good internet filters back then LOL.
14) Last one?  Thesis of a Cruel Angel by Sakabelle, just because it's a sci-fi

15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone?  Silent Desperation, which was a story about Brian being addicted to painkillers... which, being 15, I knew absolutely nothing about, and it is painfully obvious in the story LOL.
16) Last one?  Unsuspecting Sunday - my first real slash!

17) First story you ever considered your favorite?  Probably a story called All My Life, which was about Brian meeting a girl with cancer while he was in the hospital for his heart problems, and... yeah, you can see why I considered it a favorite. :)
18) Last one?  Dodging the Daylight!

19) What was the very first story you ever completed.  Heartache
20) Last one?  Like a Child

21) First story you read where you wished you had written it?  Probably a story called Cardio, because that is what inspired Heartache, the first fanfic I finished writing.
22) Last one?  Dodging the Daylight

23) First collaboration?  Fight for Survival with Rachel
24) Last one?  Like a Child with Mistral

25) First award you ever won or was nominated for?  I won a few awards in the "junior category" at the 2000 Total Fantasy Awards, which was a big deal at the time!
26) Last one?  I won several at the Double Rainbow Awards last year.

27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing?  Silent Desperation, the Brian drug addict story
28) Last one?  Guilty Roads

29) First story that you actually had to do research?  The first one I remember doing research on that went beyond re-reading Lurlene McDaniel books was Silent Desperation. I used Encarta '95 (and possibly my old DARE materials, also from 1995?) to look up stuff about drugs, which explains a lot about why that story is so embarrassingly bad!
30) Last one?  Sick as My Secrets

31) First story you ever regretted writing?  Silent Desperation
32) Last one?  Guilty Roads (regret posting, not writing)

33) Which original character was your first favorite to write?  Olivia from Beside the Ocean
34) Last one?  Cary from Curtain Call
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »

I gotta fill this out. But man tears! TEARS!

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »

1) What was the first fanfic you read?
I don't remember the name of it but it was some Nick drama that had three sequels about him and this girl where they'd been friends and then a whole bunch of drama happened that prevented them from getting together. I know, that really narrows it down LOL.

2) What was the last fanfic you read?
A 1D fic on a03 that's part of this ficaton I'm watching.

3) What was the first fanfic you wrote?
Um... see the answer above to the first fanfic I read? lol it was basically that but with myself as Nick's love interest and best friend. Obvs.

4) What was the last fanfic you wrote?
I think the tennis AU I am working on.

5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry?
I think it was an old one where Nick got shot lol.

6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry?
Curtain Call by Julie

7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read?
The first one that I ever read already had the first two stories complete... so that one.

8) Last one you binge read?
Uhhh... I don't actually remember! I mostly just read one-shots now.

9) First author you sent feedback to?
The girl that wrote that first story I read because my 12 year old self was just amazed by it.

10) Last author?
The girl who wrote that 1D story I just finished reading on a03.

11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? ( where the author hadn't updated in over a year or more)
Hmmm I think it was that 'Heaven In Your Eyes' story where Nick falls in love with this girl and she ends up having cancer. And you never find out if she dies or not because the story isn't complete! Bunk.

12) last one?
I don't really read stuff that's incomplete anymore so I don't really know.

13) First story you read out of your comfort zone?
Don't remember!

14) Last one?
I read this 1D story that's a Baseball AU. I'm not into baseball but that story was good. I don't know what's up with all of the sports AUs in that fandom.

15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone?
Probably Running Up That Hill?

16) Last one?
Cruel Angel.

17) First story you ever considered your favorite?
The third sequel to the mega Nick drama trilogy. Because the source of drama in that story was caused by Nick cheating on the main female with this girl named Stephanie and I loved that lol.

18) Last one?
In terms of BSB fic probably Sick as My Secrets which I am horribly behind on.

19) What was the very first story you ever completed.
"I'll Always Be Right There" Nick drama. Best friends. Then boyfriend and girlfriend. Living in the same house with the rest of BSB. Standard.

20) Last one?
"Endless Road" 1D medical drama fic. Also the road totally ended.

21) First story you read where you wished you had written it?
That Nick fic with the cancer girlfriend so at least I'd know the ending!

22) Last one?
This future 1D fic where they were all very angsty and upset about everything.

23) First collaboration?
I think it was that video game story with Krystal, Reb and Kelly actually. Well online collab. My teenage friends and I used to write BSB stories together all the time.

24) Last one?
My friend Jess and I are working on a 1D fic.

25) First award you ever won or was nominated for?
I think that one of my challenge stories was nominated for Best Challenge in the first or second Felix Awards.

26) Last one?
I got a couple runner ups and won an award in Rose's Double Rainbow Awards last year.

27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing?
I think it was probably Left and Leaving. I had a lot of issues with that one and struggled to finish it.

28) Last one?
Running Up That Hill. And it's so close to the end!!

29) First story that you actually had to do research?
Probably My Happy Ending for the whole stillbirth scenario.

30) Last one?
I had to do a mess of cancer research for Endless Road that was unbelievably depressing.

31) First story you ever regretted writing?
I started an AJ romance that was just a terrible mess.

32) Last one?
Basically just the AJ romance lol

33) Which original character was your first favorite to write?
Ashleigh in In Pieces.

34) Last one?
Angie in Cruel Angel.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »

You crack me up, Steph, but thanks for the mentions!  I wish you would write an Endless Road type story for BSB!  You could probably pull a Tanja and change 1D's names to BSB as well as a few minor details, and I would never know the difference!  Maybe... :)  But seriously, I don't think I've read a good BSB cancer story since Swollen Issues.  Reading my own stories just doesn't do it for me.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »

1) What was the first fanfic you read? Probably Ground Zero & Swollen Issues at the same time
2) What was the last fanfic you read? Dodging The Daylight

3) What was the first fanfic you wrote? Mizpah
4) What was the last fanfic you wrote? The Secrets That We Keep

5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry? I don't really cry for fanfic but probably Swollen Issues 2 I got choked up
6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry? Same for this answer

7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read? Ground Zero
8) Last one you binge read? Ground zero

9) First author you sent feedback to? Jenna & Swenglish
10) Last author? Erika

11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? Prisoners of War
12) last one? Guilty Roads

13) First story you read out of your comfort zone? That slash story where Kevin is a creeper and uses stupid nicknames for all the guys. It's really old. Yeah my first & last reading of slash. Lol
14) Last one? On Nightingale Hill

15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone? The Lion's Den
16) Last one? The Closest We'll Ever Get

17) First story you ever considered your favorite? Ground Zero
18) Last one? Documentaries

19) What was the very first story you ever completed. Mizpah
20) Last one? Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost

21) First story you read where you wished you had written it? Ground Zero
22) Last one? Dodging the Daylight

23) First collaboration? Phantasm
24) Last one? Five Backstreet Boys in Search of a Plot

25) First award you ever won or was nominated for? I won a bunch of Gravity Awards & some crossover site's awards. I feel bad I can't remember the name because they were the best awards I was ever a part of.
26) Last one? I think I won an award last year from Rose's site

27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing? The Lion's Den
28) Last one? Secrets (my current one)

29) First story that you actually had to do research? It Stays With You
30) Last one? Whatever the Night May Bring

31) First story you ever regretted writing? Comedy of Errors
32) Last one? Just that one lol

33) Which original character was your first favorite to write? Anne in Protect and Serve
34) Last one? Tim in Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost

I didn't realize I left the last two questions blank. Stupid Nook!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:08:07 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »

As if I had a chance of remembering any firsts lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 12:28:50 AM »

I'm surprised Mare remembered so many!  Although they are pretty much all Ground Zero and Swollen Issues, so I guess that made it easy! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

Exactly lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 04:58:30 AM »

1) What was the first fanfic you read? A Dangerous Past by Bria. It's a Brian story and it's sort of what introduced me to the world of fanfiction
2) What was the last fanfic you read? Time Of Your Life by Jen

3) What was the first fanfic you wrote? "The Twins" which was a disaster I justify by explaining that I was only thirteen lol
4) What was the last fanfic you wrote? Show Me A Reason

5) What fanfic was the first one to make you cry? Shards of a Shattered Life by Brian. I cried when Kevin died at the end.
6) What fanfic was the last one to make you cry? Curtain Call, I bawled LOL.

7) What fanfic was the first one you binge read? My first fanfic was my first binge read. I used to do it a LOT back then!
8) Last one you binge read? Dodging The Daylight by Erika which is awesome.

9) First author you sent feedback to? Eboni, I think it was for  The Meaning of Being Lonely, but I can't remember if that was it. I read a lot of her stories.
10) Last author? Jen

11) First time you encountered a incomplete story? ( where the author hadn't updated in over a year or more) Oh god, there was this sci-fi on Bria's site based on Titan AE and I was so made she never updated it! LOL
12) last one? I'm gonna go with Guilty Roads. I think that's the most recent one.

13) First story you read out of your comfort zone? This really creepy incest story featuring Nick and Angel. Needless to say I clicked out after like five chapters. Good times on fanfic.net LOL
14) Last one? Time Of Your Life - it's got sci-fi elements but it's still a romance at heart

15) First story you wrote out of your comfort zone? Just Another Day
16) Last one? Here We Stand, I'd never done a story from the perspective of all five Boys before.

17) First story you ever considered your favorite? Ooh, um, probably Sammy by bluecloud. I really loved that story. You know I read a ton of Brian stories back in the day LOL.
18) Last one? Dodging The Daylight

19) What was the very first story you ever completed. A really horrible collaboration called Revelations.
20) Last one? Here We Stand

21) First story you read where you wished you had written it? The Answer Is Yes by Eboni
22) Last one? Honestly? Curtain Call

23) First collaboration? An all over the place story called "Revelations". It's under a sn we all used then, not mine LOL.
24) Last one? Song For The Undead with Julie

25) First award you ever won or was nominated for? These awards over at the old East Water Convergence site. Remember that story? I got awards for Divisions of Reality back then.
26) Last one? Felix Awards 2012 :)

27) First story that gave you a lot of problems writing? An old story I never finished called "Blind Within The Shadows", loosely inspired by the disney version (90s not current) of Escape to Witch Mountain, with the twins?
28) Last one? Divine Intervention which got reworked into Show Me, and that's working out a lot better.

29) First story that you actually had to do research? Code Blue
30) Last one? Show Me A Reason

31) First story you ever regretted writing? An old fic called Lost Souls. Bad. Bad. Bad.
32) Last one? Glitz and Glamour - sequels are bad, mmkay?

33) Which original character was your first favorite to write? Angel from Divisions of Reality
34) Last one? Riley from Song For The Undead

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 05:03:28 AM »

Aww, thanks for the CC love, Rose!  And I know we've talked about this before, but you are the only other person I know (besides me) who likes the 90s made for TV version of Escape to Witch Mountain better than the original (or that remake with The Rock... gag!).  Neither of those versions included twins who could make magic purple light when they put their hands together!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3