Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Nick & Knight  (Read 3396 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Nick & Knight
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »

I know we had made a thread about IAWLT when it first came out where everyone shared their opinions of the songs etc... But I couldn't find which board we put it on so I am just going with this one. I finally forced myself to listen to the entire CD. And here are my thoughts song by song.

One More Time - okay fighting the urge to not click off at the who hoos oh there are also whoa ohs joyous and now repeating One More Time over & over again. This song is dreadful lol

Nobody Better - I like the little guitar riff? And there are oh and ahs of course...sweet Jesus no rapping! Again with the repeating.

Switch - oh good the whole breathing thing followed by 'hey!'. Repeating again. This is not a good song at all. It has potential though...maybe? I like the horns.

Drive My Car - again with the woh-ohs? This sounds like an old school NKOTB song only with someone who can actually sing. The lyrics to this song are so stupid lol I hope Nick didn't write this one.

Take Me Home - now this is a good song. Jordan sounds really good on this one. You can tell this song is in his comfortable key. This could be a BSB song. They should have released this one!

Deja Vu - hey ho...seriously guys? Every song? This song reminds me of This is Us. It could've been on that CD & I would have skipped it.

If You Want It - Nick sounds great in his higher register. OMG woohoo's again? Jordan sounds okay in this one too. The song is horrible, but at least they both are blending really well in this one.

Paper - lmao uh...just no! They need to be bitch slapped for even recording this one. Nice use of farting sounds though. Kudos!

Just The Two Of Us - okay, I'll give them this one. Ew ew ew ew yup lol because God forbid we have a song without an overuse of vowel sounds. This song is fun at least. Although this is also coming right after "Paper" so my ears needed this reprieve.

Halfway There - okay I really do think this is a beautiful song. Love that there aren't a whole lot effects on this. Just piano and strings. Nice... I'll just ignore the creepy undertones and visual image of the two of them singing to each other.

So, overall I liked about 3 of the songs. Clearly not enough to invest in the album. A lot of the songs are fun and mindless. If you like NKOTB  and This Is Us is your favorite BSB CD, then you'll really like this one. Once I decided to just not even focus on the lyrics to these songs, I was able to stomach them better. The songs are juvenile at best. One positive, Nick's voice was solid throughout the entire thing. Vocally this was all his - but musically it stank of NKOTB.

That's my thoughts lol

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:32:10 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Nick & Knight
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:55:27 PM »

I listened to it the other day while playing farmville 2 lol...it is ok. I have never been a NKOTB fan...i was barly a kid when theycame out in the early 90s anyway. I loved Halfway There though. Such a beautiful song. I love Nicks voice..always have lol. I have Just The Two Of Us downloaded its decent and has a good beat. But i probably will just download favorites and thats it.

~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »

I just streamed it, and I agree - there are about 3 songs I like.  I was starting to feel hopeful when I got to Drive My Car and Take Me Home, both of which I liked, but then it went downhill again.  I thought Halfway There was pretty, but the rest is pretty repetitive and annoying.  I have a feeling some of the songs will grow on me if I listen to them enough because some of them are stupid, but catchy... kind of like the BSB reject Hologram, which I love because of how awesomely bad it is. 
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »

I just streamed it, and I agree - there are about 3 songs I like.  I was starting to feel hopeful when I got to Drive My Car and Take Me Home, both of which I liked, but then it went downhill again.  I thought Halfway There was pretty, but the rest is pretty repetitive and annoying.  I have a feeling some of the songs will grow on me if I listen to them enough because some of them are stupid, but catchy... kind of like the BSB reject Hologram, which I love because of how awesomely bad it is. 

lol yes Hologram is stupid...but catchy...so is Satlite if you havent heard it...its one of my favorite songs for w/e reason so cheesey but oh so catchy it isnt funny lol.
~Carter~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »

I can't really bring myself to listen to Halogram. I feel that way about Masquerade, as far as stupid and catchy.

I am curious to know if I'm right though, about people who enjoy This Is Us versus people who don't. I know its my least favorite album of theirs. I think I liked maybe 5 songs tops and that might even be me being nice lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:49:04 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 08:37:16 PM »

My least favorite was Unbreakable... i dislike it very much. I dont know if its because its the first album without Kevin but Idk..i dont listen to it much i maybe like a couple of songs and thats it. This Is Us again i like a few songs from there but not my favorite. I would have to say my absolute favorite would be Millennium with In A World Like This coming close in behind it. I had in a world like this as my ringtone for almost six months before i changed it to i want it that way lol.
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »

I have to say, now that I have the actual album and have listened to it in my car a couple of times, it's growing on me!  It's not exactly "good," but I don't hate it either.  Most of the songs are fairly stupid and repetitive, but if nothing else, it's good head-nodding dance music.  I guess generic and stupid is better than boring?

I agree, though, Mare, that people who love TIU will probably be more into this than I am.  I have more of a love/hate relationship with TIU.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »

I've not bought/downloaded it from somewhere yet. I'm not really keen to spend money though lol.