Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: How do I add a banner?  (Read 4060 times)

Sin

• Fledgling
How do I add a banner?
« on: September 13, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »

Like the title says I'm trying to add a banner to my story, but I don't know how... and how do I edit my text so I can write cursive and fat?

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: How do I add a banner?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »

If you're using the text editor, there should be options similar to the ones in this text box that will allow you to use bold and italics. If not, you'll need to use HTML codes to do it. For example:

< b>bold</ b>
< i>italics</ i>

(Without the spaces in the brackets)

To add a banner, you'll have to upload the banner to your own photo host like Photobucket then link back to it in your summary using HTML. Be sure to read the banner rules so your banner is the correct dimensions before you link it, or it'll be removed.

To link an image in your summary use this code:

< img src="http://www.thelinktoyourbanner.com">

(Again, without the space next to the bracket)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sin

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »

I don't see any text editor.... if that's the tinyMCE I don't see anything different than when I don't choose it :O thanks for help on the HTML :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »

Yup, it's tinyMCE. It's got some compatibility issues, so often times it doesn't show up. HTML will always work though, so it's usually the best way to go.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.