Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: FS for October and #93 is - Time of Your Life by evergreenwriter83  (Read 3848 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for October and #93 is - Time of Your Life by evergreenwriter83
« on: September 30, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »

Hello and happy October!

Continuing with our list of the top ten, we have Jen who took a break from writing for awhile but when she came back, she came back with a vengence.

Her fantastic writing made her an instant hit and her stories became some of the best reviewed on the site.

This month, you have chosen "Time of Your Life" to be discussed, but feel free to talk about any of her stories in this thread as well as ask any questions you may have.

Here is the link to the story: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11283

Happy reading & enjoy! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for October and #93 is - Time of Your Life by evergreenwriter83
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 08:20:21 PM »

Since Jen is a Librarian, I thought I'd ask her to compile a list so we could get to know her better so here is everything you need to know from A toZ

A - ambitious
B - bookworm since I grew up at a bookstore my mom worked at
C - crafty with paper and the occasional cross-stitch
D - dog mama to one boxer named Buster and a boston terrier named Bitsy
E - evergreenwrite r83!
F - fanfiction writer of all things Backstreet since 1999
G - gift giver
H - Hoosier
I - intellectual
J - just Jen
K - knowledgeable
L - left-handed
M - mom to 2-year old Livvy
N - Nick Carter admirer
O - only child
P - proficient at computers
Q - quirky
R - reliable
S - shy around new people
T - thankful
U - ultimate BSB fan!
V - versatile
W - wife for the last 8 years
X - xenodochial
Y - Young Adult Librarian
Z -   Zealous
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 08:22:22 PM »

This is from one of Jen's biggest fans.

On April 17, 2010 I was logged into Absolute Chaos to just nose around to see if there were any new stories to read or perhaps if a story I had been reading was updated.  I came across this story called With The Band by a new member named evergreenwrite r83.   I read the summary, loved the banner (sorry Mare!!)  and decided to read it.  Well, it didn’t take long for Jen to put me under her spell.  The summer of 2010, she whipped out the whole Coaster Series and I was so delighted over this series!  Nick and Liv quickly became one of my favorite fan fic couples!  Jen wrote the series sprinkling in real events that were going on at the time as well, which I always love because it gives the stories so much more credibility.  See, I love writers that can just suck you into a story and make you forget its even FICTION.  Jen has this talent.  Her writing is so life-like. The way she writes her characters, you can relate to them and find yourself rooting for them.  After reading the stories, I got to know the author through Twitter and she’s one of the sweetest people and fellow fans that I know.  Very genuine, funny and sweet person.  I was so thrilled when she found out she was pregnant and enjoyed our talks about pregnancy and then she gave birth to her beautiful daughter Olivia (Livy).  I thought it was beyond cute that she named her daughter the same name as the character in the Coaster Series!  

Jen also likes to partner write with Hannah (Pengi).  When you get these two authors together, magic happens!  They have a really unique partnership when writing a story...they come out so hysterical!  Its like, they climb in the Boys heads and write the stories from there.  You read their stories and just laugh out loud through the whole thing and you sit there saying “I can so hear/see the Boys doing that!”.  It will make a bad day better.  

I’m always so excited to see a new story from Jen.  Because I know its going to be well written, characters that feel like they are so real, the banners are so AWESOME (again, sorry Mare!) And I will be able to escape my reality for a bit and enter into a world of the Backstreet Boys in a way that only Jen can create.  I also love the fact that I can make her laugh in my reviews Stick out tongue.  So, as you can see, I’m one of Jen’s biggest fans because each of her stories are always so unique and keep me coming back for more!

A message from Jennay! (Aka frickfrackgirl)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:37 PM »

Wow that letter was so touching and I am speechless.  This has been a rough couple years, adjusting to motherhood, losing a parent, switching jobs and increasing responsibility, and fighting like mad to get through my masters degree.  I've met so many wonderful people through this site and I thank you all for putting up with me when I'm not able to quite push through my writing blocks or when life makes me float away too often and for too long.

<3. Jen

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 03:32:53 AM »

I'm sorry you had such a bad year but I have a feeling this one coming up will make up for it. Once you get your masters and your life calms down a bit maybe you'll be able to get back to writing.

I'm sorry I wasn't around much this month for you. October ended up kicking my ass lol but it looks like you weren't around much either.

Congrats again!