Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Looking back (on the things we've done) in 2014  (Read 9966 times)

karahleigh

• Team MC
  • Fledgling
  • I <3 Nick Carter
    • My Confession
Looking back (on the things we've done) in 2014
« on: December 15, 2014, 09:13:19 AM »

Yeah, that was a good pun in that title.

I figured I would start a discussion considering this has been a weird year for me and writing with being a little sick and working so much.

How would you consider your writing in 2014? Are you surprised you wrote so much, or so little? Do you think it was a good year?

For me, to answer my own question, it was kind of sucky. It's been an on-off-on-off year for me. But the end of the year, it's picked back up with a new story with Lisa.

Next week will mark my 15th anniversary of starting my first story "Back At One" (which is no longer online because between moving sites and new computers, etc., parts got lost). It sucked, but it helped me start working on my creativity. I guess after 15 years, it's okay to have a sucky year?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Looking back (on the things we've done) in 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »

My writing has been non existant. I did write in the summer a bit but I wasn't happy with the overall flow and direction I was going. I feel like my writing declined because I couldn't find the guys voices as easily as I used to. So, writing wise, i'd have to say it was a pretty sucky year.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 03:03:45 AM »

Writing wise, it's been pretty non-existent this year!  Let's hope 2015 is better for that.  But 2014 has been good and bad in other non BSB writing ways :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 07:19:35 PM »

My year has been an on-off year in terms of writing, too.  I got on a roll right at the beginning of the year with a new story I had started, Sick as My Secrets, and wrote on that pretty consistently until spring break.  Then I decided to buy a house, and the rest of the spring and most of my summer revolved around that, so my writing pretty much came to a standstill until the last few weeks of summer, then stopped again when school started.  I am also in the process of getting my master's degree, which has kept me busy this past semester.  I literally wrote nothing (fanfic-wise) from mid-August until about a week ago when I started winter break.  I am trying to ease back into it and hope that I can get going on SAMS again before my next class starts and I get super busy again.  I want to have the kind of inspiration where I will find the energy and MAKE time to write because I am that motivated, but it's hard when it's been so long.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling