Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: FS for January Story # 96: Rewind by Carter-Orange  (Read 6097 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for January Story # 96: Rewind by Carter-Orange
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:48:10 AM »

Hello and Happy New Year! It is my pleasure to start off our top five with one of my favorite people.

Steph is a great writer which I will elaborate on shortly and Rewind is one of my favorites.

Here is the link to the story:http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10168,

If you have never read it, you should give it a go. If you already have, feel free to stop in and let Steph know how completely awesome she is!

Happy reading!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for January Story # 96: Rewind by Carter-Orange
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:49:30 AM »

What can I say about Steph to do her justice?

I am admittedly one of her biggest fans, not only because she is an exceptional writer but because she is an equally exceptional human being. Still, I was having trouble thinking of all the ways Steph rocks so I decided to ask some of our fellow writers.

Julie aka RokofAges said:

"One thing I love about Steph is her diversity as a writer. She's written a little of everything and is willing to try anything - and that goes for reading, too!"

This is so true. Steph will pretty much give everything and everyone on the site a chance. She's one of the most un-judgemental people I know and always has something good to say about everything. As far as her writing, she's a risk taker, pure and simple.

Rose said:

"I love her creativity as a writer. She always seems to have a new idea that is nothing like the last one, finding new ways to surprise us with every story she writes."

I think one of the best examples of this is her story "Rewind" where she took a has been Nick and gave him one more chance to redo his life. The other would be "Save a Prayer" she wasn't afraid to go to overly dark and gory places to tell her story. Making Nick into the hero and not the victim we all tend to make him out to be.

Tracy said:

"I haven't read a lot of her work, but I like how she writes her characters, they're well developed and unique plus she's great with dialogue"

Steph puts a lot into her characters. They seem realistic and authentic but most importantly the are fun to read. Her dialogue makes her plots flow and bring all of her scenes to life.

Lore said:

"Steph is such a great writer because she can take inspiration from anywhere and seamlessly integrate it into whichever story she's working on. Her stories complex yet there is an ease in which she writes that make them liked by all, no matter the genre she writes."

Not many have the ability to jump from one genre to another with the ease that Steph seems to do it. She can write something completely dark one minute then can write something happy and fluffy the next.

So, there you go. In summary, Steph is awesome and very worthy of her number five placement on this list. Of course if you were to ask her if she belongs here she would say no and that is just one more reason why I love her to death.

Congrats, Steph on being featured this month as well as your engagement. You deserve the best!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:38:24 AM »

Yay Steph! You should know you're one of my fave people on here. :) Writing wise and just in general.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 03:38:54 AM »

Yay, congrats Steph!!  I have read Rewind and loved it too!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »

Yay Steph! Well deserved!!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »

Thanks so much for the lovely words, I still can't believe I'm in the top ten!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 08:02:18 PM »

Steph, what made you come up with this idea?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:08:42 AM »

Well, I've always loved the idea of time travel and used to love watching TV shows like Quantum Leap and Life On Mars.  So I decided that it would be a good idea to have Nick go back in time to see if he could put right the things he'd done wrong.  But I didn't want him to just travel back and see himself, I wanted him to actually get to live his life over.

I suppose from time to time we all wonder what life would be like if we'd made different choices along the way.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »

Time travel stories can get so complicated, so props to you for keeping it simple and making it work!  I really like that premise of getting to go back and re-live part of your life so you can make different choices.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »

Yes, it would be good.  But I wonder if we'd make changes if we could? 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 04:12:02 AM »

That's actually a question that the radio station I listen to on the way to school every morning asked one day this past week. If you had the ability to jump back in time and start over from one particular place, where would you go and why? I instantly thought of your story lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 10:15:21 AM »

Lol Mare.  But where would everyone jump to if they could?  I'd probably go back and divorce my ex-husband sooner instead of spending years in a miserable marriage.  But then I might never have met Tim.  So it's a hard one!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »

I would say right after college graduation. I should have never left Boston. Stupid decision made because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my friends yet. Idiot! lol