Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Documentary inspiration  (Read 13461 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Documentary inspiration
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:34:01 AM »

I've already seen it from Julie and Rose on the Most Recent page this week but I'm wondering a couple of things.

1) Have you been inspired to write after watching the documentary? Specifically events that link to what we saw or just in general?

2) Did anything that you previously wrote about turn out to be true that we didn't already know about?

For me, I don't know if it was necessarily the documentary that has inspired my latest writing kick or whether it was other factors. I don't write much canon fic but what I have eluded to were all things that we know about before so even if they were mentioned in the doc I'm not calling myself a modern day Nostradamus quite yet LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Documentary inspiration
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:06:29 PM »

I have a fanfic idea after I see the documentary on a part.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »

I've been inspired to write in general. Obviously docu related too cause of my oneshot lol, but seeing the bromances on screen like that fueled a lot of inspiration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/04/backstreet-boys-stories_n_6516344.html

This article definitely confirmed the whole Nick feeling Leighanne stole Brian away thing a lot of us used in our stories. I know I used it as a source of angst for Nick more than once and Nick idolizing Brian but Brian growing up sort of destroying that. I loved seeing AJ elaborate on it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »

That was a great article.  I'm glad AJ's interpretation is the same as ours.  It makes sense.

I wrote a short story inspired by Rose's short story that was inspired by the documentary.  It also got me thinking about bromantic novel ideas, although I cannot allow myself to start anything new until Sick as My Secrets is done.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:00:04 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 06:04:05 PM »

Even though it really hasn't inspired me to write at all, it has validated many things I have written in the past.

A scene I wrote with the boys hiking up a hill and AJ complaining. Nick staying over at Howie's house. The overuse of the word baby lol even though it was more Nick being angry. And that article Rose posted, the boys all parenting Nick. Brian and Kevin playing good cop/bad cop. The guys all sharing an apartment together. The abandoning because of Leighanne and that leading to the decline. So many feels...

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 06:21:14 PM »

I've been inspired to write in general. Obviously docu related too cause of my oneshot lol, but seeing the bromances on screen like that fueled a lot of inspiration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/04/backstreet-boys-stories_n_6516344.html

This article definitely confirmed the whole Nick feeling Leighanne stole Brian away thing a lot of us used in our stories. I know I used it as a source of angst for Nick more than once and Nick idolizing Brian but Brian growing up sort of destroying that. I loved seeing AJ elaborate on it.

I really liked this article, too! I think it's probably one of the best ones out of this whole press circuit. It actually talked about more than just reiterating things that are already in the movie. It was one of the more revealing articles they've done. AJ and Kevin are both pretty good for that though LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »

I cannot allow myself to start anything new until Sick as My Secrets is done.

That's where I'm at. No new friends fics! lol I have to finish the dozen unfinished stories I have before I even dream about something else.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:01:47 PM »

I agree. That was a great article.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:37:16 PM »

That's where I'm at. No new friends fics! lol I have to finish the dozen unfinished stories I have before I even dream about something else.

Me too lol. I have so many ideas and I'm like noooooo.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 01:46:22 AM »

I really enjoyed that article, thanks for posting it.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 05:28:54 AM »

You're welcome. :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 05:01:10 AM »

I've been out of writing for a while. The doc did inspire an AJ one sshot that I posted for his birthday. I have no motivation to write but am working on a story idea at the moment. I don't know if it will get written or not but we will see. I really miss writing but I have started reading again regularly like I used to. I love seeing everyone else writing again, it makes me happy.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 03:47:36 AM »

All I can say is... and this is the fat girl in me... hell, I wish I was living on a McDonald's diet!! I'm living on a... cook whatever is in your pantry (like spam and rice) diet! LMAO!!!
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me