Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: AC Nation, we have a problem...  (Read 27516 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
AC Nation, we have a problem...
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:46:01 AM »

It's not a huge problem, but yeah.

As many of you may have noticed, we've been invaded by some code that has decided to take up residence in the header of our website. You might think this is an easy fix, but after a few weeks of trying to correct it, it seems to be an issue with the eFiction script and I can't get rid of it right now. I'll have to ask the eFiction folks for their advice.

That being said, when I was putting everything back the way it is supposed to be this evening I had an issue with a corrupted file. This means that any stories that were updated after last Thursday, February 26th... you'll have to post those chapters again and you'll have lost reviews posted after that date. I'm really sorry about that but I figure it could be a lot worse than a few days lost so let's breathe a little sigh of relief.

I'll do my best to continue trying to get rid of the weird code but in the meantime, it's only an aesthetic issue, it doesn't do anything the functionality of the site and isn't a virus or anything dangerous. Just code for the feature that allows us to do things like this and this.

Again, sincere apologies if you are in a position of having to repost.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: AC Nation, we have a problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 01:01:05 AM »

Oh well. Makes me glad I save my chapters with the coding intact after I copy/paste/update LOL. I don't have to add all the bold and italics tags again.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:07:48 AM »

It also makes your line breaks and paragraph breaks happen without having to enter the br and p codes after each line. I can't get rid of it, it's part of the script, I just don't know why that code has decided to stick around for an extended stay. It's hiding somewhere.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 01:19:16 AM »

Weird. I don't envy your challenges right now. I can't do html worth shit. It's why I only created a website AFTER the creation of wordpress.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 04:30:59 AM »

Thanks for trying. Stupid technology!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »

Well, it took far too much of my life and caused more havoc than I would have liked but I fixed it. No more annoying code at the top of the page LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 06:16:58 AM »

Yay!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 07:44:56 AM »

Yay!