Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Featured Story Survey  (Read 6049 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Featured Story Survey
« on: March 17, 2011, 07:44:51 PM »

Because this is the 50th story we have featured I wanted to have a few surveys and quizzes happening this month, here is the first one.

You will have to go to the featured story thread to answer some of these questions.

1) How many of the featured stories have you actually read?

2) Did you read it because it was featured?

3) Do you ever go into the featured threads to see what the authors have to say?

4) Have you ever actively participated in a discussion in the featured threads or asked an author a question?

5) Have you ever been featured?

6) What has been your favorite of the featured stories so far and why?

7) Is there a story that hasn't been featured that you would like us to feature? Name it and tell us why

8) Do you find yourself checking to see what stories are featured each month?

9) If you could pick one of your stories to be featured which one would it be?

10) Any comment or suggestions in general for future featured stories?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Featured Story Survey
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »

Ooo I love surveys, so will be back to answer this later once I've had the chance to decide on my answers :)

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »

six

no

3) Do you ever go into the featured threads to see what the authors have to say?
sometimes

4) Have you ever actively participated in a discussion in the featured threads or asked an author a question?
Yes, with Fearful Renegade

no

Shades of Gray and Sinister Devotion, both authors are very good at what they write, detailing the story and keeping the reader entertained

7) Is there a story that hasn't been featured that you would like us to feature? Name it and tell us why.Once in a Blue Moon, summer does an incredible story with her writing, detailing everything and making the story very enjoyable

not really, no

Joyful Heart

no

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »

I think probably around 10 or so.

I think the only one I read because it was featured was Why I'd Do It All Again. I have tried to read others but I never finish them within the month.

Always!

For the stories I have read, yes, I usually do.

Yup!

I think Why I'd Do It All Again. I read it during that month so it was fun to participate and read the discussions while I was reading the story.

7) Is there a story that hasn't been featured that you would like us to feature? Name it and tell us why
I think a couple of the stories I really like right now are already in line to be featured. I would really like to see Remember Me This Way by Rose be featured though, it's really well written and I think we'd be able to have a good discussion about it since there's a lot of complicated character stuff that happens.

I look at the thread to see what it is, yep.

I think I'd have to say Running Up That Hill since it's so different than the previous story I had featured. Plus a lot of people who read it are regulars on this forum so I think we could have a good chat about it.

I like the way that we do the featured stories now, where we read it together and discuss the chapters we read in that week. I think it's a good system and makes reading the stories easier.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:26:55 AM »

Some of them, yes.

Always, sometimes it helps me decide whether to read the story.

I always try to participate.

Once, but I took that story down as I got writers block on it.  Hopefully I'll continue it one day.

I can't pick just one, so I'll have to say Sinister Devotion, Ray of Hope, Ground Zero, Not Your Average Cinderella Story, Hawk and a Handsaw, By My Side and Song For The Undead.  I've picked them because these are stories which are so well written and really draw the reader in and make them want more.

Remember Me This Way by Rose.  It's a brilliant story and like Steph said previously, the discussion would be active as a lot of the readers are regulars on here.

I always check to see what story is featured and try to read, I haven't had a chance with this month's story yet though.

It would have to be Rewind as that is my only story I'm working on right now.  I really enjoyed writing Games as well though, but that story wasn't very long.

I can't think of anything else and think the way it is now works great.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 01:07:30 AM »

About a handful, definitely no more than 10 if I had to guess lol.

I'm weird, I think the only one I read because it was featured was "Not Your Average Cinderella Story". Most either I've already read, or just a story that didn't appeal to me personally.

Sometimes, I like seeing writers talk about their work. Just cause I know each of us have our own methods/techniques so it's interesting seeing what people say.

I think I've at least popped in to say things, I know I did when YBS was featured anyway LOL. Oh and I was active when Something Beautiful was featured! *proud of myself lmao* It's not often when I do, but that's just because I'm an incredibly picky fanfic reader, so there's only a handful of the featured stories that either got me to read, or I already did read so I discussed lol.

Yep :). Once for "Just Another Day" and again for my collab with Julie, "Song For The Undead"

Either YBS or "Why I'd Do It All Again", I adored those stories. I probably enjoyed the month "Why" was featured more but that may be because I played Oprah that month lmao.

Um...well shit lmao. I think all the stories I want to see featured either already have been, or soon will be. Like Curtain Call, Something Beautiful...hm m...maybe we can have another featured Mare story? Maybe Lurks, or something old school like The Apartment. (If Mare can remember that far back LOL  ;D)

I'll usually pop in and see.

"Remember Me This Way", it's the only one as of now that's far enough along to be featured that hasn't been yet. That and it's my first attempt at a Psychological Angst story and so I'm really proud of what I've done with it. Even with all my second guessing I do as I write it LOL.

I like the way it's done so far...though I volunteer to play Oprah again next time we feature Mare! :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:09:35 AM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 01:09:07 AM »

Remember Me This Way by Rose.  It's a brilliant story and like Steph said previously, the discussion would be active as a lot of the readers are regulars on here.

I think a couple of the stories I really like right now are already in line to be featured. I would really like to see Remember Me This Way by Rose be featured though, it's really well written and I think we'd be able to have a good discussion about it since there's a lot of complicated character stuff that happens.

Wow, thank you guys! I'm flattered you guys feel that way about it. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:37:36 AM »

I know this is old...but I'm bored you guys!

1) How many of the featured stories have you actually read? I'm so bad. I read four and started two, which at some point I may finish. I'm really bad at reading.

2) Did you read it because it was featured?No, I had already started reading.

3) Do you ever go into the featured threads to see what the authors have to say? Yes I do. As Rose said, everyone has their own style so it's nice to see how everyone's ideas come to life.

4) Have you ever actively participated in a discussion in the featured threads or asked an author a question? Yes, it was mostly with LIfe According to Baylee by Alota and My Mind's Eye.

5) Have you ever been featured? Yes, I have. Twice.

6) What has been your favorite of the featured stories so far and why? Same ones I mentioned in #4

7) Is there a story that hasn't been featured that you would like us to feature? Name it and tell us why On Nightingale Hill by Filiklepto. I would like it to be featured because it's so well written and she pulls you into the fantasy world. You are hooked as soon as you start.

8) Do you find yourself checking to see what stories are featured each month? Yes, I do tend to check.

9) If you could pick one of your stories to be featured which one would it be? At the time I would have to say 'Just One Kiss'

10) Any comment or suggestions in general for future featured stories? I just made some recommendation s on the featured story thread.