Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121255 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
New questions to ponder
« on: July 20, 2015, 12:55:55 AM »

So, what does everyone think about this new zombie movie?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 01:13:13 AM »

Is anybody doing anything concerning fanfic this summer?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 03:14:39 AM »

So, what does everyone think about this new zombie movie?

:bananapower: :broccoli: :wave:

I'm beyond excited for this LOL.

I'm attempting to get back into writing. Work got crazy, the move just before summer, and other stuff kinda held me up. I'm finally at a calmer point.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 05:12:55 PM »

I'm attempting to get back into writing. Work got crazy, the move just before summer, and other stuff kinda held me up. I'm finally at a calmer point.

;)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:23:01 AM »

You disappear WAY longer than I do Reb! Lol

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:10 PM »

You disappear WAY longer than I do Reb! Lol

Haha, and I think I've discovered why that is. Unfortunately, but kinda fortunately, this fandom is... my escape. I noticed I had came back around this time last year, which was summer/ending of summer, going back into the swing of things when it came to my school job and whatnot. It's the summertime that I tend to feel the... loneliest, as weird as that may sound, lol. Although I still work one of my two jobs during the summer, it does leave me with some time to spare, and some of my other friends or family may be busy to not be able do anything. So I find myself locked up in my room, my mind going wild and thinking... eh, why not write, why not read, why not TRY to find something productive to do by yourself, lol.

But like I said last year, throughout the year, I'll come on to the discussion boards of AC or TDS and read what's been going on, how everyone's been doing and whatnot; I just sometimes don't "come back" because it's around a time where I'm working the two jobs and allow myself to get wrapped up in all that, when I'm surrounded by people daily and the only time I have is to come home and sleep. The people I've met through this fandom will always be people I will check up on... the fandom itself is an escape for me when I feel like I have nothing or no one. Did I make any sense with this?  :-[ I kinda just figured it out, hahahaha.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:06:30 PM »

I'm even listening to the boys' music, all albums and blasting them on Spotify to help me cope, lol. Watching videos of them on tour and the cruise; although I can't physically escape like that, it helps my mind to escape as if I'm there, lmao. I'm a weird individual, I know.  :-[

But it seems like it's been quite here on this home front...
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:28:44 AM »

Haha, and I think I've discovered why that is. Unfortunately, but kinda fortunately, this fandom is... my escape. I noticed I had came back around this time last year, which was summer/ending of summer, going back into the swing of things when it came to my school job and whatnot. It's the summertime that I tend to feel the... loneliest, as weird as that may sound, lol. Although I still work one of my two jobs during the summer, it does leave me with some time to spare, and some of my other friends or family may be busy to not be able do anything. So I find myself locked up in my room, my mind going wild and thinking... eh, why not write, why not read, why not TRY to find something productive to do by yourself, lol.

But like I said last year, throughout the year, I'll come on to the discussion boards of AC or TDS and read what's been going on, how everyone's been doing and whatnot; I just sometimes don't "come back" because it's around a time where I'm working the two jobs and allow myself to get wrapped up in all that, when I'm surrounded by people daily and the only time I have is to come home and sleep. The people I've met through this fandom will always be people I will check up on... the fandom itself is an escape for me when I feel like I have nothing or no one. Did I make any sense with this?  :-[ I kinda just figured it out, hahahaha.

No it makes sense. It's also been quiet in fanfic land so the return of a few vets is really refreshing.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 03:35:40 AM »

No it makes sense. It's also been quiet in fanfic land so the return of a few vets is really refreshing.

Yeah... I was going through the posts of last year when I came back, and it's so different because last year was the resurgence of fanfiction and writers, old and new, coming back. This year, quiet. I guess cause BSB's whirlwind of a year has came to an end, so the dust is finally settling, so to speak. Of course it'll all pick up once more when they head back into the studio I'm sure, lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 03:36:11 AM »

My question tho... HOW HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN?!?!?!?! :D
~Me

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 04:25:49 AM »

I've been trying to get into writing again. I lost confidence for a while and I'm slowly getting it back. I wrote a bit yesterday but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it or if anyone will read. Been toying with a Nick and Brian story for a while now. For a hot minute it was going to be this epic Sci fi thing but I don't think I can pull it off lol
Now it's probably going to be about their friendship over the years or something.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 06:09:46 AM »

I've been trying to get into writing again. I lost confidence for a while and I'm slowly getting it back. I wrote a bit yesterday but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it or if anyone will read. Been toying with a Nick and Brian story for a while now. For a hot minute it was going to be this epic Sci fi thing but I don't think I can pull it off lol
Now it's probably going to be about their friendship over the years or something.

Go on and post it girl! ;D
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »

Yay, new questions!  It has been way too dead around here this summer!  I have been MIA like many of you too.  I haven't written much of anything fanfic-wise since the beginning of the year because my master's classes have been pretty intense, and I didn't have a student teacher this year like I have in years past to ease some of my planning and grading load, so my nights and weekends and the whole month of June were spent doing schoolwork or trying to relax in between doing schoolwork.  I just haven't had the time or mental energy to write anything other than the required papers.  Now that I'm done with that for the summer, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things for at least a few weeks before I have to start school all over again... ugh!  The good news is that I only have one more year to go before I'm done with grad school, and then I should have less stress and more time to get back into fanfic.

In the meantime, my main goal this summer is to finish my part of Song for the Undead and see what I can do on Sick as My Secrets.  For anyone still waiting for updates on that or my other stories, you should probably just consider me "on hiatus" until I'm done with my master's, but please know that I fully plan on coming back when all that's over with.  I still love the Boys, love writing, and have a lot of story ideas; I just know I don't have the time I need to devote to them right now.  But even when I'm not writing, I still enjoy talking about fanfic on here, so keep the questions and answers coming!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 04:52:11 PM »

As far as Nick's zombie movie goes... OMG, so excited!!!  This project is turning out to be one epic hot mess, and I can't wait to see the result!  I hope it's the next Sharknado!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »

Welcome back, Reb!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37