Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121187 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 08:52:04 PM »

Ugh Julie, I was cringing while I read what you have to do! :( That's why the teacher life ain't for everybody; I applaud you!! :D

And thanks Mare!! How've you been dear? You ready to start the new school year?
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 11:15:51 PM »

Thanks, Reb.  I really shouldn't complain because I still get a month off for the summer, and that is super nice, but I will definitely be glad to be done with my master's.  I used to be able to find a better balance between working, my personal life, and writing than I have the last couple of years.  I understand why you come and go now LOL.  It's good to see you back and writing again though!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 01:40:24 AM »

Thanks, Reb.  I really shouldn't complain because I still get a month off for the summer, and that is super nice, but I will definitely be glad to be done with my master's.  I used to be able to find a better balance between working, my personal life, and writing than I have the last couple of years.  I understand why you come and go now LOL.  It's good to see you back and writing again though!

Ooooh, yay for another month of summer! I return back to work next week. :( I don't think I'm ready for my kids, lmao! But I'm sooo glad that my bipolarness is understood! Hahahahaha. But it feels good to be back! :D
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »

Ugh Julie, I was cringing while I read what you have to do! :( That's why the teacher life ain't for everybody; I applaud you!! :D

And thanks Mare!! How've you been dear? You ready to start the new school year?

I've been okay, just busy. This summer is going way too fast and no, I'm not really ready to start a new year. I've been steadily teaching this summer on T, W and Thursdays so I kind of haven't lost that flow. Just some private lessons, even still a big yuck for when school does start up again full throttle at the end of August. I have a workshop in a few weeks. Blech!

Enjoy your last week of summer. :(
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 04:08:43 AM »

I've been okay, just busy. This summer is going way too fast and no, I'm not really ready to start a new year. I've been steadily teaching this summer on T, W and Thursdays so I kind of haven't lost that flow. Just some private lessons, even still a big yuck for when school does start up again full throttle at the end of August. I have a workshop in a few weeks. Blech!

Enjoy your last week of summer. :(

Blech to workshops indeed!! I've been seriously debating giving up my DOE job to become manager of the second job I work, but... I need to think everything over, lol.

And you too my dear!! Summer went by way too fast!!! D:
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:07 AM »

I gotta pop in and add the fact I miss Mare writing :(.

It's not an AC summer without basking in the awesomeness that is you lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 06:18:20 AM »

Aww, I think those days are long gone, but thanks Rose! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 06:25:46 AM »

Wait, wait, wait, what am I missing?! What does "I think those days are long gone" mean?!?!?!?!?! O__O
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »

Besides taking care of AC, I've kind of moved on from the fandom. Just not into them too much anymore. I still love you guys though. :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 01:46:34 AM »

I kinda scrapped the Sci fi idea. It was about them being on a flight to Malaysia  and the plane is abducted by aliens. The aliens use the humans to battle against each other ala the hunger games. That was the basic plot. Like the planes disappearing were really a cover up by the government.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 01:16:30 PM »

That sounds cool, Tracy!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »

Since Tracy just shared a story idea, what are some of your story ideas that you ended up not following through on?

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »

Besides taking care of AC, I've kind of moved on from the fandom. Just not into them too much anymore. I still love you guys though. :)

I feel ya with that! Do you think when things start picking up with them again, so will the fandom for you? Or naw? Lol. And aww, we love you too Mare!!! :-*

I kinda scrapped the Sci fi idea. It was about them being on a flight to Malaysia  and the plane is abducted by aliens. The aliens use the humans to battle against each other ala the hunger games. That was the basic plot. Like the planes disappearing were really a cover up by the government.

That sounds cool, Tracy!

I'm with Julie, that does sound cool and interesting! I'm not a sci-fi person, but I'd honestly give that a read, because, c'mon, its the guys being put into situations, thus having to become a badass! Lol. I've been really into Marvel Avengers fanfic, so I've been all about BAMF and whump fics, hahaha!
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 11:43:58 PM »

Since Tracy just shared a story idea, what are some of your story ideas that you ended up not following through on?

That's a good question, because I think my biggest mistake, throughout my on and off years with this fandom and fanfic, I've tried to pen the ideas I had... thus leaving A LOT of incomplete stories, lmao! I'm pretty cool at that! B)
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 12:28:03 AM »

That is a good question.  I have a lot of old ideas that have never been written (or never gotten far enough to be posted, I should say - some of them I've started), but I have a hard time letting go or giving up on them.  I'm always like, "Well, maybe someday..."  Guilty Roads was one of those ideas I'd been sitting on for at least 5 years before I actually started writing it.

One of my more recent ideas that will probably never be written was a Brian suspense story, tentatively entitled "Hush."  I got this idea a couple of years ago when we were still speculating about what was going on with his voice, and the premise was that after having vocal cord surgery, Brian goes to a remote cabin or beach cottage or something by himself to recover, since it would be hard to be around other people when he is on complete vocal rest and can't talk, and he gets kidnapped or held hostage by a crazy fan posing as a home healthcare worker, kind of like a "Misery" situation.  (I'll admit, I have always wanted to write another story like that.)  He can't scream for help without risking permanent damage to his vocal cords, and since his family and friends know he's not supposed to be talking, they don't expect phone calls from him, so the kidnapper can keep them from suspecting anything for awhile by texting them from his phone.  I kinda gave up on the idea once Brian opened up about his real condition, which is not treated with surgery.  But I did make a cool banner for it: http://dreamers-sanctuary.com/hushbanner.png

A really old idea I started writing a couple of different times but never got off the ground was one that dealt with the idea of reincarnation.  It was originally going to be an AJ canon story called "Once Upon a Dream," and then it evolved into a Brian AU called "Dreams of Blue Eyes," which I then changed to "The Distance Between Lives," but the basic premise was always that the guy has been having recurring dreams about this girl he's never seen, and then he meets her in real life, and it turns out they were lovers in a past life, soulmates, except they never got a chance to grow old together because one of them was murdered.  The story would alternate between the present and the past (which was going to be Civil War era) as they try to solve the mystery of what happened in their former lives and prevent something like it from happening in the present.  I have quite an elaborate outline for it and even a couple of chapters written, but I could never get much farther than that.  Turns out I don't really like writing historical fiction, and I don't do well with super complex storylines LOL.
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37