Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121192 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:35 PM »

^ that sounds like fun to me! I can see you excited about the Mutter Museum lol

OMG, I have been dying to go to the Mutter Museum ever since I discovered its existence!  It's got "me" written all over it LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 11:35:24 PM »

Like I said in my post, I think the Never Gone era was mine. I loved the Up Close & Personal tour (that was my very first BSB concert experience) as well as the actual Never Gone tour. I enjoyed that album. It still is right there as one my all time favorite, tied with Millenium and I think I was the most into them at that point. I was a writing machine back then and used to love watching old interviews etc... I remember the only thorn in my side at that point was AJ dating a 10 year old lol ok I'm exaggerating but not by much!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 04:27:34 AM »

Another idea I had scrapped was about Brian being shipwrecked by himself on an island but I felt I'd done too many stories inspired by movies and again... Scrapped it. I wrote Finding Carter instead which turned into a really awesome story idea and was a success for me.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 04:29:37 AM »

I really love the black and blue era. So much angst to work with. I also like stories about the guys when they were  really young. I love those. Probably why I loved Mare's stuff... She was always great at writing baby BSB.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 03:14:56 PM »

Maybe this is just me, but I've noticed that there seem to be patterns among us "regulars," where we're either all writing or slumping at the same time.  There have been some summers where this board sees a lot of action because we all have stories we're working on and wanting to discuss, and then there are times like this year where it's been pretty dead.  I can't speak for the actual site, but the Most Recent section is only one page long and goes back to June, which suggests there haven't been a ton of stories being updated there either.

So my question is, are you influenced by other people's writing habits?  Do you get inspired or discouraged by what else is happening in the fanfic world or with BSB?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »

That is true. It's weird how we are all on the same cycles. As for me, what everyone is doing doesn't really effect me much. There used to be a time when a lot of BSB activity would inspire me to write, but it hasn't really happened since they all lived together in London.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 06:56:13 PM »

I wish I was a fan during the Millennium era. I missed all that excitement!

And thanks, Tracy. I enjoyed writing tiny BSB mainly because it was easier to make them brotherly without having to include wives etc...
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2015, 03:37:14 AM »

This will be long and ranty lol

It's so funny you asked this because in replying to you, I was thinking about some of the simpler times when it came to BSB.

For instance, remember back during the Nevergone tour, the whole sound check thing was done by random drawer. You didn't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money to meet the guys. They seemed to be so much more accessible to the fans during that time. The only time they really whored themselves out for money was if they were doing charity events and you got plenty of quality time with them when that happened. I spent hours with Kevin, AJ and Brian at his golf event. I mean talking to them unattended etc.... The same when Howie did a bowling thing in NYC. it's like back then they did see their fans as fans as opposed to now where I'm pretty sure we are more looked at as their income source. I really miss that version of BSB. I think it's so incredibly unacceptable to ask for hundreds of dollars for a picture and five minutes. That's so pompous and ridiculous to me.

The other thing that is different for me, is how excluded I feel with the fandom. I know that sounds crazy considering I met so many great friends through BSB, but ever since the whole cruise thing and VIP thing, there's always been this divide. I wish I had a BSB click, but I don't. So, when concerts pop up or events, it always just depresses me when people are all we need to go to this together! But then you're always excluded from that. It becomes unfun and depressing. Maybe if I had a concert buddy or group who I did everything with, I'd have a different view, but it's just not like that for me.

I want things to go back to how they were right before Kevin left. lol it's all his fault! "Kicks Kevin"

Aww Mare!! :( I'm sorry it was that way! :'( If I wasn't such a "weird" fan and lived in the states I would have LOVED to meet up with fellow fans and gone to do all these things! Being that I was stuck living on this rock, and that weird fan who didn't want to meet or see the guys, I was perfectly fine, hahaha! But like you said, reading people's reviews or seeing people plan ahead with getting together to go to the concerts or on the cruises and whatnot... I can't help than to imagine what it would be like yanno? Part of me would wanna do it to be around fellow fans and be apart of the craziness that is... and still be okay with not meeting them, LMFAO!!! Idk, I just met really great people through this fandom, and it kinda saddens me that this fandom is a closet life I choose to live and that I may not actually get to meet any of the people I've met and befriended cyberly. But it is nice to return to sites like these and check up on all of ya'll and catch up like I haven't fallen off the face of the earth for four years!  ;D LMAO!!! But I totes feel ya girl, and I hope if you ever get the chance or feel like going, it'll change for you! :-*

"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2015, 03:48:49 AM »

Mare may have touched on this a bit in her reply to Reb, but while we're on the subject...

What has been your favorite BSB era and why?

I would have to say... Millennium and Black & Blue era. I just remember the craziness of Millennium like it was yesterday! Back then, I was a fool in being both an *NSYNC and Backstreet fan, sometimes even liking *NSYNC over Backstreet and rooting for their videos to beat BSB and come in at #1 on TRL. Gosh I was a fucking idiot!  :D Hahahaha!! But I fell in love with their styles, loved the Disney concert, looked through the album booklet constantly, listened to "Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely" constantly (that was my 90's life jam), "Don't Want You Back" was the coolest track ever, I always skipped "I Need You Tonight", and "Don't Wanna Lose You Now" and "Back To Your Heart" were the most romantic songs, I felt, that didn't get the recognition that they deserved. Millennium was just a great time in general.

Now, Black & Blue, despite it being seemingly dark and haunting with AJ's lifestyle during that time, I actually found myself LOVING AJ's vocals on this album. Yeah, I'm weird like that, hahaha. I remember buying their album wayyyy after it came out, after I had treated my family to sushi for dinner and begging them to take a detour to Walmart so I could purchase the album with my birthday money. I remember opening the CD, seeing the graffiti words and thinking it was the wrong CD placed inside; I was convinced it was a CD that belonged to Ja Rule or something... until I actually took the time and read "Backstreet Boys".  ::) But "More Than That" became one of my ultimate favorite BSB songs to date, "Get Another Boyfriend", "Everyone", and "Not For Me" were the shit and should've been singles, and I fell hopelessly in love with "How Did I Fall In Love With You" and Howard's vocals. I enjoyed watching their concerts online at that time, and I believe it was around this time that I actually got into fanfiction.

I'm with you on Never Gone being a fave era too, because it was their grand return after AJ's rehab and quite a departure from the Boys' we knew back with Black & Blue. I did also like Unbreakable because that was the time that I managed to stay on top of everything Backstreet, with the multiple fanboards I joined and whatnot. Ugh, this answer turned out longer than it should have been! Hahahaha. But yes, Millennium and Black & Blue were my favorite eras, with Never Gone and Unbreakable a close second!  ;D
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2015, 03:57:21 AM »

I really love the black and blue era. So much angst to work with. I also like stories about the guys when they were  really young. I love those. Probably why I loved Mare's stuff... She was always great at writing baby BSB.

Totes agree with you on that one! You've said it perfectly Tracy!  :D

Maybe this is just me, but I've noticed that there seem to be patterns among us "regulars," where we're either all writing or slumping at the same time.  There have been some summers where this board sees a lot of action because we all have stories we're working on and wanting to discuss, and then there are times like this year where it's been pretty dead.  I can't speak for the actual site, but the Most Recent section is only one page long and goes back to June, which suggests there haven't been a ton of stories being updated there either.

So my question is, are you influenced by other people's writing habits?  Do you get inspired or discouraged by what else is happening in the fanfic world or with BSB?

Another good question! I know for me, it all depends on where I stand with my fandom, hahaha. I know back then, in the haydays of fanfiction, I did find myself inspired by other writers, with reviews and followers spurring me on. When I came back last summer, I enjoyed reading more than trying to write something. Lord knows I can't ever hold myself to committing to a story, lmao! During my long hiatus and stepping back from the fandom, I was starting to question why I even wrote fanfic in the first place. Now, this summer, I found my way back, and was really inspired, because like I said, I've been reading a lot of other fandom fanfics that made me miss writing and the reviews you would get from it. During this time though, it is a bit discouraging to have been inspired to start/write something, with not a lot of people around to receive it like how your stories used to be received back in the days. Then I tell myself times have changed and the fandom is fickle just like myself, hahaha.
~Me

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2015, 08:47:43 AM »

I've got to say, I'm so excited about this zombie movie too, it's probably going to be awful, but that'll just make it even better (if you know what I mean lol)

I've done no writing whatsoever for ages, I really miss it though and need to get a laptop again as I just can't do it on a phone/ipad or from work.

I've had a busy few months too, wedding planning.  I got married on 3rd July and then went on a lovely honeymoon to Malta.

I really need to get back into reading too and Julie, I will be waiting for your updates :)

I've got an idea for a story too, but it's been so long since I wrote anything that I feel a little out of practice, plus the no laptop issue is stopping me!

Hope everyone is having a good summer though, and I hope you're all having better weather than the autumn-like weather we're having here in Wales!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »

Congratulation s, Steph!!!  I thought you might be busy with wedding planning, didn't realize you had already gotten married!  I'm so happy for you!

It's good to see you back on the board, though!  We've gotta get some more action around here!  I know what you mean about the laptop; I gave away my slow little netbook in January, thinking it was time for an upgrade, and then I never did get around to buying a laptop until a couple weeks ago.  What an expensive way to motivate myself, but it did work; I've written seven days in a row!  I am planning to update SAMS on Friday, and Undead is *almost* done.  I just hope I can keep going and not fall off the face of the earth again when school starts.

Our summer has been weird, weather-wise, too!  It's been better this past month, but I think it rained just about every day in June and felt more like spring or autumn than summer.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »

Part of me would wanna do it to be around fellow fans and be apart of the craziness that is... and still be okay with not meeting them, LMFAO!!! Idk, I just met really great people through this fandom, and it kinda saddens me that this fandom is a closet life I choose to live and that I may not actually get to meet any of the people I've met and befriended cyberly.

Hmm, maybe we should have an AC convention in Hawaii! ;)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »

^ that would be awesome. I loved Hawaii although I'm saving for a 2020 cruise to Alaska maybe you can all join me lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »

Trying to think of new questions is tough, especially since no one seems to be writing lol anyone have any they can think of?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37