Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121236 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 09:38:43 PM »

^ that would be awesome. I loved Hawaii although I'm saving for a 2020 cruise to Alaska maybe you can all join me lol

I've never been either place, but both sound awesome!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »

Trying to think of new questions is tough, especially since no one seems to be writing lol anyone have any they can think of?

Let's keep it nostalgic then.  What story do you have the best memories of reading, and what story do you miss writing the most?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 09:50:46 PM »

So my question is, are you influenced by other people's writing habits?  Do you get inspired or discouraged by what else is happening in the fanfic world or with BSB?

That is true. It's weird how we are all on the same cycles. As for me, what everyone is doing doesn't really effect me much. There used to be a time when a lot of BSB activity would inspire me to write, but it hasn't really happened since they all lived together in London.

LOL Friends in real life get on the same monthly cycles; fanfic friends get on the same writing cycles.

I am usually affected more by my own personal life and schedule than I am anything going on with BSB or the fanfic community.  That said, I do think it's more fun when "everyone" is writing and reading and talking about each other's stuff; that's when it really feels like a writing community around here, and that is inspiring.  If I haven't been writing and see that everyone else suddenly is, I want to be a part of that, and sometimes that is the kick in the pants I need to make it a priority.  When no one else is writing or talking about fanfic, it's easy to forget about it and focus on other things (which sometimes may be what I need to do anyway LOL, but usually isn't as fun!).  I am definitely glad to see us at least talking on here again, even if we're not all updating stories.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »

I just realized the last update thread to be updated on the board is Rose's from March.  I know not everyone maintains their own update thread, but you guys!  That is sad!!  I would suggest we need another challenge or something to get everyone around here writing again, but my attempt to organize one last year failed miserably, so... maybe something else LOL.  Or someONE else.

Keeping this related to a question, what does it usually take for you to start writing again after a slump?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »

Let's keep it nostalgic then.  What story do you have the best memories of reading, and what story do you miss writing the most?

Without a doubt the best memories as a reader all come from "Ground Zero." Mainly because it was the first one I ever really read and was totally into. I remember staying up for hours reading it and I was devastated when I got to the last posted chapter to see it hadn't been updated in forever! Thankfully, Chaos did complete it but not on the particular site (Carries) I was reading it on. When I found the finished story, I swear it felt like Christmas lol

I think as far as writing  it would have to be "Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost." I just had a blast writing that one. I missed it when it was over.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:31 PM »

I loved reading Hope!  You should just keep writing bromantic suspense stories with crazy but lovable villains.  Even if you have to start recycling storylines, I don't think anyone around here would mind much.  Right, guys?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 11:36:27 PM »

My best memories as a reader would have to be from the old days too.  There are a lot of stories I remember reading for the first time and being glued to my screen, but my favorite memories might be from the Swollen Issues era because that was one of the first stories I remember friends of mine, like Mare, reading at the same time, so we could discuss it.  Nowadays with AC, that is a lot more common - like with Dodging the Daylight last year - but back then I didn't really have a place or a group of friends to talk fanfic with.  I was absolutely addicted to Swollen Issues, especially as the second one was being written, and would go to the site and refresh it multiple times a day to see if they had updated.  It was bittersweet to see it finally end.

Along the same lines, the story I miss writing the most would have to be By My Side.  It was so much fun writing all that angsty drama and looking forward to reactions from readers.  I think Broken Nick and Claire will always be my favorite characters to write about.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2015, 06:52:42 AM »

It's funny because I was going to say that Swollen two was a very close second because of what you said. I loved the fact that so many of us were reading it at the same time. I was also speaking to Kris on a daily basis at that point and she would always share early paragraphs or chapters. Those really were the days.

So, I should just recycle? maybe write a comedy about all my villains going on a road trip together? Lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2015, 07:00:39 AM »

My best reader memories are probably a couple of stories, Song For The Undead just had me hooked from the start.  It didn't even have a title at the time as it was all part of the suspense, but I always looked forward to updates and can't wait to see how it all ends.

I also loved Hope Is The Last Thing Ever Lost, and I'd love Mare to write some more :)  I think I met my Tim whilst reading this, so was glad he turned out to be nothing like the Tim in the story lol.

As for a story of mine I miss writing...I just loved torturing those boys in Save A Prayer!  

I'm planning on getting a new laptop soonish, so will have to get back to working on my writing once I have one again.  It's such a pain in the arse to be without one isn't it.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2015, 07:01:51 AM »

Yes Mare, a story with all your villains would be great lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2015, 07:13:27 AM »

To get me writing again after a slump, I usually have to re-read something I've written.  Or sometimes just reading other people's stories will inspire me to get on with my own.  I've got an idea for a new story (even though I have an unfinished one) and it's something different for me, but related to some real life events which I'll incorporate into BSB lives.  I just hope I can write it the way I see it in my head.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »

It's funny because I was going to say that Swollen two was a very close second because of what you said. I loved the fact that so many of us were reading it at the same time. I was also speaking to Kris on a daily basis at that point and she would always share early paragraphs or chapters. Those really were the days.

So, I should just recycle? maybe write a comedy about all my villains going on a road trip together? Lol

That is funny!  That was right around the time you started Fanfic Fun too.

Um, please do that!!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »

My best reader memories are probably a couple of stories, Song For The Undead just had me hooked from the start.  It didn't even have a title at the time as it was all part of the suspense, but I always looked forward to updates and can't wait to see how it all ends.

I also loved Hope Is The Last Thing Ever Lost, and I'd love Mare to write some more :)  I think I met my Tim whilst reading this, so was glad he turned out to be nothing like the Tim in the story lol.

As for a story of mine I miss writing...I just loved torturing those boys in Save A Prayer! 

I'm planning on getting a new laptop soonish, so will have to get back to working on my writing once I have one again.  It's such a pain in the arse to be without one isn't it.

Thanks, Steph!  Song for the Undead will be another one I'll miss writing when it's done.  We're two chapters away, and then we will start posting the last ten!

I agree about Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost too - probably my favorite Mare story, which is saying something because she's written so many good ones.  That is funny about Tim!!

Save a Prayer is another one I have fond memories of all of us reading and talking about here.  I hope you get a new laptop soon!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2015, 04:51:38 AM »

I just realized the last update thread to be updated on the board is Rose's from March.  I know not everyone maintains their own update thread, but you guys!  That is sad!!  I would suggest we need another challenge or something to get everyone around here writing again, but my attempt to organize one last year failed miserably, so... maybe something else LOL.  Or someONE else.

Keeping this related to a question, what does it usually take for you to start writing again after a slump?

LOL I'm failing so hard. But hey Undead gave me a nice kick in the pants!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2015, 04:54:06 AM »

My best memories reading wise are probably Mare's "Why I'd Do It All Again". I loved that story and it was right when the Boys had gotten back together for Never Gone. There were just so many good memories during that time for me in fanfic land. Another would be back in the glory days lol, when Eboni was writing so many good fics. I felt like I was on her site constantly. I lived there.

As for writing...I miss "Remember Me This Way". That story was my baby. But I also think I'm gonna feel the same way about "Song For The Undead". Actually no, I feel that way already!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37