Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 122598 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2015, 05:20:51 AM »

It's funny because I was going to say that Swollen two was a very close second because of what you said. I loved the fact that so many of us were reading it at the same time. I was also speaking to Kris on a daily basis at that point and she would always share early paragraphs or chapters. Those really were the days.

So, I should just recycle? maybe write a comedy about all my villains going on a road trip together? Lol

Please make this happen!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »

My best reader memories are probably a couple of stories, Song For The Undead just had me hooked from the start.  It didn't even have a title at the time as it was all part of the suspense, but I always looked forward to updates and can't wait to see how it all ends.

I also loved Hope Is The Last Thing Ever Lost, and I'd love Mare to write some more :)  I think I met my Tim whilst reading this, so was glad he turned out to be nothing like the Tim in the story lol.

As for a story of mine I miss writing...I just loved torturing those boys in Save A Prayer! 

I'm planning on getting a new laptop soonish, so will have to get back to working on my writing once I have one again.  It's such a pain in the arse to be without one isn't it.

Aww thank you Steph. We're SO close lol.

I did love reading Save a Prayer! Bot Fly Jordan!

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2015, 06:24:30 AM »

Aww thanks Steph. I'm really glad your Tim is nothing like my Tim too! lol

That's awesome, Rose. I gave to say I really enjoyed writing Why as well. I cracked myself up more than a few times. Hehe.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2015, 02:12:46 PM »

LOL I'm failing so hard. But hey Undead gave me a nice kick in the pants!

I think that is the best part about collabs - having a co-author to give you that kick in the pants, encourage you, brainstorm with you, etc.  I never seem to suffer the same writer's block or lack of motivation with collabs that I do sometimes with my own stories, and if I do, all it usually takes is one conversation with the co-writer(s) to get me back into it.

If anyone needs a pep talk or help with ideas for their story, don't forget about the Brainstorms board: http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/board,44.0.html
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2015, 04:21:53 PM »

Sorry that me being on here has been sporadic lol. I don't really write anymore these days. I do read but when I'm able to. I help run three Facebook groups and cosplaying... Plus work takes up a lot of my free time. I also roleplay online  as well.

That being said my favorite memory as a reader... I'm pretty sure the first thing I read was Swollen Issues. It wasn't on this site but their personal one, that was when I was using free periods at school to read fanfiction. I then stumbled on this site and started reading here. I miss reading regularly. As a writer the best for me was when everyone read Figured You Out. I felt so flattered that all of my favorite writers were reading something of mine. I still look at that feedback even now and it makes me all warm and fuzzy :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »

Just so you know, I posted a new writing challenge for anyone interested.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:32 PM »

Ahh, I've disappeared again! Been a crazy past week... I'm with my mother at the hospital; my mother was admitted through the ER and rushed into emergency surgery last week Tuesday for a perforation in her intestines; I've been trying to stay with her all the while. But lets try to get through these posts!  ;D

Hmm, maybe we should have an AC convention in Hawaii! ;)

That would be totally awesome!! Although, not gonna lie, would love to get off this rock for a bit!  :D

"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »

Let's keep it nostalgic then.  What story do you have the best memories of reading, and what story do you miss writing the most?

The stories I have the best memories of reading... are all of Mare's stories, this one story of Brian dying, and all the old school suspense stories like from Whitney, Mercy, etc.

As for what story I miss writing the most... I'm not even sure, lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »

If you could give the guys one of your stories to read, which story would it be and why?
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »

Ahh, I've disappeared again! Been a crazy past week... I'm with my mother at the hospital; my mother was admitted through the ER and rushed into emergency surgery last week Tuesday for a perforation in her intestines; I've been trying to stay with her all the while. But lets try to get through these posts!  ;D

Oh no!  I hope your mom's doing better and recovers quickly.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »

If you could give the guys one of your stories to read, which story would it be and why?

I'd give them Song for the Undead because it's probably the closest to something they might actually like, being a zombie apocalypse story.  Also, it's AU, so it would be more like reading an original fiction than a fanfic.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »

Hmm I don't think I have anything the guys would like to read.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2015, 05:10:41 AM »

That would be totally awesome!! Although, not gonna lie, would love to get off this rock for a bit!  :D

I hope she's okay!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:16 AM »

I'd give them Song for the Undead because it's probably the closest to something they might actually like, being a zombie apocalypse story.  Also, it's AU, so it would be more like reading an original fiction than a fanfic.

Ditto on this lol.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2015, 05:19:29 AM »

Oh so an old idea that I started but will probably never do.

I did have an idea called "Just To Be Close" cause in the wrong context the song lyrics are creepy. It was right before Tracy wrote FYO and I remember bouncing ideas off of Julie about it. The fan was inspired heavily by Nayeli. Nick would end up locked in her basement and it's a typical psycho fan story except she carried a doll with his face plastered on it LOL. I scrapped it once Tracy was doing FYO cause I didn't want them being compared. I kept thinking I'd go back to it eventually but it never happened.

I've used some of the ideas I had for that in "Miles To Go", but Miles is...well, it's very different and not the same story at all. But a few methods will be used in that, that were going to be used in JTBC lol. Miles is more inspired by Misery. Cause ya know, Julie and I share a brain so her epic Hush idea doesn't surprise me LOL.

I also got inspired to do a BSB/Agents of SHIELD crossover but this idea came up when I watched the freaking pilot episode LOL. I'd have to rework the entire idea but I haven't thrown it out yet. I do adore the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37