Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121199 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »

Omg, one of them needs to learn how to sew so they can be on Project Runway! lmao

LMAO Can you imagine?  I bet AJ would actually like to be on it if he had the skills.  The others... ehh, not so much.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »

Amazing Race would be fun too!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2015, 04:32:34 AM »

AJ is the only one I can see on Project Runway.

I'd love to see Howie on Top Chef as well lol who cares if he can cook or not.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2015, 04:40:07 PM »

Awwwww Howie on Top Chef would be so cute! I have this vague memory of Nick and Brian doing some sort of cooking segment on some (British??) morning show. I'm not sure why they were on it, but it wasn't all THAT long ago. Anyways, they had to chop some vegetables and Brian totally looked comfortable doing it, but Nick looked like he was going to lose a finger! HAHA Perhaps Nick should go on Top Chef with Howie!!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »

I'd like to see Nick on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, I think he'd be entertaining to watch.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »

Um- can we put Kevin on something like Man vs. Wild?  That would be hot.  He'd go all backwoods Kentucky boy on them, and I can see him basically kicking ass.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »

Oh yes I'd like to see that too :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »

I don't think I could watch that show. It's a little too gross-ish for me. I could see Kevin on it though. Drinking his own pee and eating Mosquitos lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2015, 01:52:10 PM »

Ewwww....
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2015, 07:11:40 AM »

I don't think I could watch that show. It's a little too gross-ish for me. I could see Kevin on it though. Drinking his own pee and eating Mosquitos lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2015, 09:47:28 AM »

Yes, sometimes I have to look away when Bear Grylls is eating gross stuff as it makes me feel ill, but apart from the eating, I'd like to see him on it :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »

Since people have been popping in but have been really busy why don't we all say one great thing that's happened this year and one not so great thing.

Overall, has this year been a good one or a bad one?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2015, 08:47:46 PM »

Overall, my year has been busy, but not bad.  Work has always been busy, but I feel like the added pressures of home ownership and my master's program have added so many more responsibiliti es to my plate that the time I used to dedicate to reading and writing fanfic is now spent doing housework, yardwork, and schoolwork (or, if I'm being totally honest, lying around watching TV and avoiding those things).  I will be glad to be done with my master's by the end of next summer and hoping that having one less thing to worry about on the weekends will free me up to get back to writing more regularly.

The worst thing that's happened this year is that a lot of my friends have lost loved ones this fall - mainly co-workers, but a few online friends as well.  For awhile there this fall, I was going to a visitation with the same group of work friends just about every other week.  I think I've been to as many visitations this year as I had in my entire life up until this year.  I guess that's what happens with age, but many of these people were too young to be dying!

The best thing was probably going to Orlando in October and finally (FINALLY!) visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  It was every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be, and I had a great time.  We went to Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) for a day, too, and that was also fun, especially since I hadn't been there since I was 12.  That was a great vacation with a couple of my BSB girls in place of the cruise.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »

I'm glad you finally got to the Wizarding World, Julie. And I am going through the same thing when it comes to deaths. It seems like a lot of people are dying too young this year.

This summer I started to display symptoms of MS. it's kind of hard to diagnosis. It's more like a process of elimination. I'm not totally surprised. I've known for awhile that something was wrong with me. The doctor is treating me as if I do have it. I'm walking with a cane these days and I'm continually exhausted and trying my best to deal with it. I do not have lesions on my brain as of now, which is a plus. I haven't told many people at all, mainly because I'm having a hard time dealing with it myself. My sister doesn't even know. It's been a weird adjustment for me and I feel like every day something else is going on with my body, so it's been quite the adjustment. I'm not one to ask for help from people so having to ask people to close my windows at school or making copies for me because some days my fingers are so weak I can't press the buttons, has been humbling. Other days I feel absolutely fine. It's weird. Winter will be the big test for me. I'm kind of worried about that. Thankfully most of my schools and teachers have been very accommodating as have the kids. Even though they have no clue what's going on, they know something is. I do gave one school where no one seems to care, which is unfortunate since I'm there the most. Figures, right? lol

On the plus side, my publishing company notified me a few weeks ago that a talent agent requested my book and probably a ton of others. His name is David Katsman and apparently he's trying to find ideas to develop into shows or movies for Hulu. I've never heard of him but hey, that was a little exciting that he wanted Mel's to take a closer look at. After having to deal with the health crap, this would be a really great!

Despite the disease, overall my year has been okay. I've been busy and when I get home from school I tend to just want to watch tv or go online and do brainless things. I have no energy, not that I ever did to begin with lol I haven't read anything since this summer. I'm hoping that will change over the Christmas break.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »

Mare, I'm so sorry to hear you might have MS.  I don't know much about it, but it doesn't sound pleasant.  A woman my mom worked with had it, and from what she described, it seemed to come and go.  She would have to walk with a cane for awhile, and then it would seem to go into remission and she would be fine for awhile.  She's retired now, but as far as I know, she is doing well.  I hope your doctor will find a treatment that works for you to keep the symptoms in check. 

I'm glad most people at your schools are being understanding and helpful, but it sucks that the one you're at most if the one where no one seems to care.  Maybe you should send out an email or something letting them know what's going on... not for sympathy or attention, but just so they're aware.  I know sometimes I get so busy with my own stuff at school, I'm not paying attention to what's going on with other people, especially the ones I only see once in awhile.

I'm glad you got some good news in the midst of all the bad stuff.  That is so awesome about Mel's!  Keep us posted if you hear anything else that you're allowed to tell.  Fingers crossed for you!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37