Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121191 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »

By My Side!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r7f5Xs-jAM  I hadn't watched that video in so long!

I agree with you about the stigma on singers who are not also songwriters, and you're right - not every great singer/musician is a great songwriter, and not every great songwriter is a good singer, so I don't see why people in the music biz should have to be both.  I think the Boys have gotten to be pretty good songwriters themselves, but they would be nothing without Max Martin.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »

Yes, that's the one! Thanks for posting that. I wish I could hear it lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »

It's been a long time since anyone posted a question on here!  I miss our fanfic/BSB discussions.  Let's catch up!

Who is still visiting the forum?  What are you writing right now, if anything?  What are you reading?  If you're not reading or writing, why not?  What would it take for you to start again?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2017, 05:43:54 PM »

Aww I love seeing the big red dot!

I am here every day because that's how I roll, but I'm pretty much done with fanfic, sadly. I'm just not interested in reading or writing it anymore. I think it is still a great thing so I hope we do get more traffic in here. As long as people keep coming, I'll still be here doing the mod thing.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »

I appreciate you still doing the mod thing!  I hope a new BSB album and/or the Vegas residency will re-inspire some people to start writing again.  I miss seeing everyone writing and posting on here.

Real life has gotten in the way of my reading and writing over the last few years, but my New Year's resolution is to find a better balance between real life responsibiliti es and this hobby and try to write every weekend.  So far, so good.  Sick as My Secrets is the only story I'm working on right now; my goal is to finish it before I go back to any old unfinished stories or start anything new.

I hadn't read any fanfic in a long time (except for a partial re-read of Between the Lines during the baseball postseason), but I just started reading "Ladies' Choice" by KeepThisSecret the other day, and it's great so far!  I love Erika's stories.  At least there's someone out there still writing good stuff!  I jut wish more people were.  I don't know if everyone's just been busy or feeling uninspired or uninterested or what.

Have you done any non-fanfic writing, Mare (or anyone else who cares to answer)?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:38:41 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2017, 08:04:08 PM »

No, I haven't written anything at all. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I haven't really had any new ideas or inspiration. Also, I'm so incredibly tired by the time I get home, I'm lucky I can even stay awake past 7. I have been trying to read more. I've kind of forced myself to read at least one chapter a day. I'm reading Jodi Picoult's most recent book at the moment and just finished Wally Lambs.

I'm really glad to see you writing and updating and I'm also happy to see Erika updating regularly as well as some others. It seems like a handful of you are still keeping at it. Things usually do tend to pick up around the holidays or when BSB do something.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:19 PM »

I hear ya.  That's been a big part of my problem this year too.  I'm always too tired to write on weeknights, and even on the weekends, I just want to sleep and veg out in front of the TV.  Writing takes too much mental effort LOL.  I got busy at the start of the school year and went too long without writing, and then I just stopped caring.  I had to make myself sit down and try to write over winter break, and once I finally got going again, I got back into it.  Since school has started up again, I've spent every day looking forward to the weekend so I could get some more writing done.  I just have to stay inspired and not let myself go so long without even attempting to write.

I need to read more, too.  I go through phases with reading, and lately I haven't been.  I just bought a new Kindle, though (the charging port on my old one broke over the summer, so it's dead), so I'm hoping that will get me reading again.

Hopefully Vegas will bring more people crawling out of the woodwork this spring and summer.  What we really need is new music!  That always seems to help too.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »

Oh heeeey!

I was just thinking about how long it has been since I've been here and decided to pop on by! I haven't been doing anything in terms of BSB, really. I have no clue what's going on in the fandom, which makes me a bit sad.

I've been writing Outlander fanfic, which I've mentioned before, and that's pretty much where my writing has ended up these days. Unfortunately it's like stepping back into 2002 with the amount of fandom drama, but that's the price I must pay lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »

I don't miss the fandom drama!  (Okay, sometimes I do.  It was entertaining at times.)  I'm glad to hear you're still writing, even if it's not BSB.  Where do you post your Outlander fics?
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2017, 05:45:55 AM »

Hi everyone, I pop in every so often too but like everyone else, real life has got in the way.  I just haven't felt inspired to write anything, even though I did make a start on something a few months ago.

I'm still reading Sick As My Secrets, but not looked at anything else.  I will get around to it though, still so many stories I want to finish reading or start reading.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »

Glad to hear you at least started something new, Steph!  I miss your writing!  I really appreciate your reviews; it's nice to know a few people are still reading even though I've been so flaky at updating.

We definitely need some new inspiration!
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »

I don't miss the fandom drama!  (Okay, sometimes I do.  It was entertaining at times.)  I'm glad to hear you're still writing, even if it's not BSB.  Where do you post your Outlander fics?

As much as it pains me... Tumblr. That's the popular spot for OL fandom. Some people cross post on AO3 but it's really mostly disorganized, not at all what it's for, Tumblr. (thewhitelady.t umblr.com) I tried to get an archive going but it died off pretty quick. I think people like the immediacy of having others share/reblog their chapters so they know who is reading even without direct feedback.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2017, 05:40:43 AM »

You should create an Outlander category and post on AC. I'm sure there are quite a few Outlander watchers who might appreciate it.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2017, 08:06:42 AM »

Glad to hear you at least started something new, Steph!  I miss your writing!  I really appreciate your reviews; it's nice to know a few people are still reading even though I've been so flaky at updating.

We definitely need some new inspiration!

I'm hoping they will do something to inspire me, I need a kick up the arse to get going again lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »

You should create an Outlander category and post on AC. I'm sure there are quite a few Outlander watchers who might appreciate it.

Yeah maybe! Although then it would be obvious how much I rip off my old fics for my new ones LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37