Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121171 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »

Yeah maybe! Although then it would be obvious how much I rip off my old fics for my new ones LOL

Seeing if anyone picks up on that would be half the fun lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2017, 05:26:20 PM »

I'm hoping they will do something to inspire me, I need a kick up the arse to get going again lol

They were just on The Bachelor supposedly lol I wish they would show up on a good show instead of these god awful reality ones on ABC. How about showing up on Modern Family or Agents of Shield. Possibly play at the inauguration on Scandal or something.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »

You should create an Outlander category and post on AC. I'm sure there are quite a few Outlander watchers who might appreciate it.

I was gonna say the same thing!  I don't understand Tumblr LOL, but hey, I guess you have to post wherever the readers are.  Every fandom is different.  I haven't watched Outlander, but I bet other people on AC have!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »

Yeah maybe! Although then it would be obvious how much I rip off my old fics for my new ones LOL

Hey, that's okay LOL.  As long as you're not just pulling a Tanja and doing Find/Replace with characters' names.  (But hey, as long as they're your own stories, there's nothing technically wrong with that either.)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »

Seeing if anyone picks up on that would be half the fun lol

This would actually be an interesting experiment.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »

They were just on The Bachelor supposedly lol I wish they would show up on a good show instead of these god awful reality ones on ABC. How about showing up on Modern Family or Agents of Shield. Possibly play at the inauguration on Scandal or something.

OMG, I don't know how people watch The Bachelor.  I've never watched it before, and I DVRed it and fast forwarded through every part the Boys weren't in, but just the little that I had to watch that involved them was awful!!  The one blonde chick who kept complaining about what a bad dancer she was and how all the other girls kept grinding on the Nick who was not our Nick... ugh!  I hope she did not get a rose.  She was horrible.  But they're probably all horrible, including the bachelor, or why would they want to be on that show?? LOL

I misread your last sentence at first and thought you were suggesting they play at the real inauguration on Friday, and I was like, "Nooooo!"  Better The Bachelor than that.  But a fictional inauguration on Scandal would be okay.
~Julie

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:46 AM »

Hi Ladies!!

I am most definitely still around and still writing (thanks, Julie, for hyping up my most recent story). As far as reading goes, I'm still invested in Sick As My Secrets, but I'm not reading anything else. Of course, I would be open to reading something else if the right story came along.

Sometimes I wish that I hadn't waited so long to start posting my stuff online. It would have been nice to have been a part of the fandom/fan fic community when it was still "poppin" LOL That being said, I will likely continue to write and to post my stuff because it offers me a good escape from the chaos that is my real life (work/mommy duties/etc.).

I'm really hoping that the Vegas stint will amp up the activity around here. How many of you ladies are doing Vegas?? My BFF and I considered it, but with the Canadian exchange rate coupled with the price of tickets, flights, hotel, etc., we decided that it was just too much. It also doesn't help that we're both new moms. *sigh* The boys better get their sh*t together and put out some new music followed by a tour that takes them somewhere outside of the USA (no offence to all of you lovely Americans who have been benefiting from all of these random "surprise" shows that they've been doing lately -  :P).

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2017, 03:00:47 PM »

OMG, I don't know how people watch The Bachelor.  I've never watched it before, and I DVRed it and fast forwarded through every part the Boys weren't in, but just the little that I had to watch that involved them was awful!!  The one blonde chick who kept complaining about what a bad dancer she was and how all the other girls kept grinding on the Nick who was not our Nick... ugh!  I hope she did not get a rose.  She was horrible.  But they're probably all horrible, including the bachelor, or why would they want to be on that show?? LOL

I misread your last sentence at first and thought you were suggesting they play at the real inauguration on Friday, and I was like, "Nooooo!"  Better The Bachelor than that.  But a fictional inauguration on Scandal would be okay.

Oh hell no! I was actually a little worried Orange Hitler was going to ask them to perform and they'd say yes. Thank God that didn't happen.

I admit I've never watched The Bachelor, but the commercials alone are enough to make me cringe lol I don't even know how that show is still even a thing. Don't they have a near zero success rate? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »

I thought about Vegas for a hot minute but then reality set in, so no.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2017, 06:52:57 PM »

Oh hell no! I was actually a little worried Orange Hitler was going to ask them to perform and they'd say yes. Thank God that didn't happen.

I admit I've never watched The Bachelor, but the commercials alone are enough to make me cringe lol I don't even know how that show is still even a thing. Don't they have a near zero success rate? lol

I don't think any of them would agreed except maybe Brian.  (Oh Brian...)  Not 100% sure about Brian's political leanings, but I know Baylee is quite the little Trump supporter, which is concerning.  They weren't happy about Trump using their songs during his campaign though.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »

Sometimes I wish that I hadn't waited so long to start posting my stuff online. It would have been nice to have been a part of the fandom/fan fic community when it was still "poppin" LOL That being said, I will likely continue to write and to post my stuff because it offers me a good escape from the chaos that is my real life (work/mommy duties/etc.).

I'm really hoping that the Vegas stint will amp up the activity around here. How many of you ladies are doing Vegas?? My BFF and I considered it, but with the Canadian exchange rate coupled with the price of tickets, flights, hotel, etc., we decided that it was just too much. It also doesn't help that we're both new moms. *sigh* The boys better get their sh*t together and put out some new music followed by a tour that takes them somewhere outside of the USA (no offence to all of you lovely Americans who have been benefiting from all of these random "surprise" shows that they've been doing lately -  :P).

The activity in this fandom definitely ebbs and flows.  I mean obviously it was a lot more active when the Boys were at their peak of popularity back in the late 90s/early 2000s, but there have been more active periods in the last decade too.  New album/tour cycles do seem to help.  The summer of 2013 was pretty active, in part because of IAWLT coming out.  I can't believe it'll be four years already since that album!  They are definitely overdue for a new one.  I know they've done some recording already, so hopefully they'll be able to keep working on it during or in between the residency and get some new music out later this year so they can do a real tour next year.  I hope things will pick up around here then.  It's more fun when lots of people are writing and reading each other's stuff!

I agree about writing being an escape from the chaos.  Sometimes the stress of real life gets in the way, but then, writing can also be a stress reliever.  It is definitely my "happy place."

I am crazy and doing Vegas twice - one show in March and two in June.  Yes, I cringe every time I have to pay my credit card bill, but I did get my March flights for free thanks to reward points, which helped.  I've just come to accept that BSB are my #1 hobby, so that's what I spend money on, and since I'm single and have no kids, I can afford to do it at this point in my life.  Plus, Rose lives in Vegas, so it's a good excuse to go see her and a good opportunity for my fellow Illinois girls and I to go somewhere warm while it's still cold here (in March, anyway... not so much June LOL).  Like I said, though, I do hope they do a real world tour after this residency for everyone around the world who can't afford to go to Vegas.  I'm sure they will after the next album comes out.
~Julie

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2017, 08:09:40 PM »

I don't think any of them would agreed except maybe Brian.  (Oh Brian...)  Not 100% sure about Brian's political leanings, but I know Baylee is quite the little Trump supporter, which is concerning.  They weren't happy about Trump using their songs during his campaign though.

Omg!! The craziness that occurred on Instagram when Baylee posted that stuff about Trump ... I have no words to describe it actually. Brian is keeping his political views quiet (maybe for good reason?), but the other wives have been pretty vocal in their dislike for Trump. As an observer from north of the boarder, I have to say that this was the most interesting US election to watch!

If I had been able to swing the cost and to find someone to watch my kid while I placed out to drool over the boys, I totally would have done Vegas multiple times! My friend and I totally lamented the fact that they didn't do this just a few years earlier; when we were both still childless and had tons of disposable income!! Haha! We're actually the only two out of our larger friend group to have kids and the only two who have ever loved the BSB - go figure!

It will be an amazing girls trip though!! If this ever becomes a more permanent thing, you can bet your ass that you will be seeing me in Vegas!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »

I didn't read the comments, but I can only imagine!  If Brian voted for him too, I'm glad he's keeping quiet about it.  I don't want to know. LOL

Sorry to bring up politics here, but I just have to say, I have never been so embarrassed to be an American and be associated with the ignorant rednecks who made him our president.  I still can't believe that actually happened.  I hate to wish my life away, but I hope the next four years go by fast and that we're still alive to vote him out of office in 2020.

Hopefully the guys will do another residency and you'll be able to go then!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2017, 05:46:53 AM »

I didn't read the comments, but I can only imagine!  If Brian voted for him too, I'm glad he's keeping quiet about it.  I don't want to know. LOL

Sorry to bring up politics here, but I just have to say, I have never been so embarrassed to be an American and be associated with the ignorant rednecks who made him our president.  I still can't believe that actually happened.  I hate to wish my life away, but I hope the next four years go by fast and that we're still alive to vote him out of office in 2020.

Hopefully the guys will do another residency and you'll be able to go then!

I feel the same way. I am still embarrassed as all hell that my state is one of the reasons that jerk became president. I can't believe that many Americans thought he was a good idea. There's a difference between wanting change and wanting a change for the better. It's like saying "I need a haircut, I could just go to a salon or I could set my head on fire and run around in circles. I think I'll go with that option." Wtf people?

I'm also glad that Brian has kept his views to himself, even though you can't help but really know how he feels because kids Baylee's age don't form those ideals without a little help. I really am surprised Trump didn't ask them to perform just because he does use their song. I'm also grateful he didn't ask Charlie Daniels because I know he would have said yes in a second and it would have killed Chris (his guitar player) lol

Have a great time in Vegas. It's nice when you have buddies to do things with. I've always blamed my lack of doing anything on my lack of BSB buddies. But money and failing health is a bigger problem these days. I hope new music will make me jump back into the fandom. I know it won't do much fanfic wise, but I need to feel excited about something again. It's been a really long time since I've felt any excitement about anything.

Well that sounded depressing lol

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2017, 07:59:53 AM »

I'm just going to maintain my stance that Baylee has adopted his mother's political views and leave it at that!! LOL Anyone who agrees to play at the Trump inauguration will receive permanent side eye from me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys have every right to be embarrassed. You should have heard the stuff that was said up here when he won ... it wasn't pretty.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but Canada really is a lovely place to live!! If Trump turns out to be a complete nightmare and you can't handle the next four years, you can always move north. However, the market for teachers in Ontario is pretty abysmal, so a move may warrant a career change if you choose Toronto or the surrounding area. :P

Mare, I can sympathize with your lack of "BSB buddies". It's a bit strange; my BFF and I are both MASSIVE BSB fans, but we are the ONLY ones out of our larger circle who have ever liked them. Everyone used to rag on us for liking them in high school, but they've come to accept our obsession now. HAHA Actually, I think our mutual love for the guys is what solidified our friendship in elementary school. I'm not sure why we've never tried to branch out and meet other fans from online as the online fandom is pretty large. I guess we're just content to do all of our BSB stuff as a two-some. However, this is now posing a slight problem as neither one of us has anyone to go with if the other can't!! Vegas is a good example as it would have been slightly easier for me to swing the trip now that my daughter is two. My friend's son is only six months and she's still exclusively nursing, and it's impossible for her to leave him with anyone else.

To be honest, I was under the impression that a lot of you ladies that post on here had met each other in real life in order to attend cruises and concerts and stuff. From what I've seen, it appears to be pretty common for BSB fans to meet online and then eventually meet in real life. Is that not true? Maybe I'm just crazy!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37