Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121262 times)

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »

LOL That is probably very true.  When I was a teenybopper, I wanted to marry him or someone just like him, but in hindsight, I'm not so sure he would be my ideal husband.  He would probably drive me nuts.  That said, I do think a lot of Brian's choices these days are influenced by Leighanne, so if he'd married me instead, he'd probably be a lot different now. ;)

Honestly, if I could marry any Backstreet Boy now, I'd probably pick Howie because he seems the most normal and grounded of all of them LOL.

I legit laughed out loud at this!! You sound just like me! I do think that wifey has quite the influence on some of his choices and on how he presents himself to the world. Sometimes, I do wonder what would have happened if he'd married someone different. He did get married fairly young and sometimes I can't help but think that it was a slightly impulsive choice because of what was happening in his life at that time. *sigh*

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2017, 07:55:02 AM »

All my BSB buddies nowadays started as online friends.  I've met quite a few online friends in real life, mostly on the cruises or because they only live a couple hours away from me.  It's never been a bad experience, and it's always better going to shows and stuff with real fans.  If you ever want to do something like Vegas or the cruise and have no one to go with, just say the word - you'd always be welcome to join us!  One of my two main concert buddies started as an online acquaintance who I only knew a little because she'd left me feedback on my stories.  I found out she was going on the 2011 cruise by herself, so I invited her along to a pre-cruise group dinner that some of us from AC had set up.  We clicked and ended up hanging out together the whole cruise.  She lives in the same state as me, so now we go to shows together every tour.  She's one of the girls I'm doing Vegas with.

And Mare, I know you don't really live close to Philadelphia, but that is on my list of places I'd love to visit, so if it ever works out that they tour there in the summer when I actually have vacation time, I would absolutely come to PA and meet up for a show if you wanted to!

I would love to go to Canada sometime too; I've never been!

Woah! That girl is totally brave for opting to do a cruise by herself! I have trouble eating lunch alone at like a fast-food restaurant if I'm on a course for work or something. I always feel like people are staring at me and wondering why I have no friends. LOL Of course, I know that nobody actually cares what I'm doing. I consider myself to be fairly social, but I don't think I could ever go to something that big alone.

Seriously, I would like to meet up with some "hardcore BSB fans" and go to an event as a bigger group. I think that would be amazing! Like I said before, my friend and I always go as a duo. Don't get me wrong, we always have an amazing time, but it would be nice to have some more ladies to fan-girl with. If the exchange rate wasn't so awful at the moment, Vegas with some of you ladies would be a bigger possibility. I appreciate you extending the invite!!  ;D

PA is not THAT far from where I am. (Re: It's a drive-able distance, so I could not have to fly and save money.) If the boys actually do a tour outside of Vegas, I would consider it ...

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »

I've had the same problem but I've managed to stay friends with the ones who voted "against Hillary" and not "for Trump". I've been really vocal on Twitter though and started volunteering/donating more. I haven't been this politically active since Bush but, it's different this time and I feel like a lot of people don't realize it. This isn't about political parties, this is about the threat he legitimately poses to the country. He's horrible.

All of this!! I completely agree and I'm not even American!! I can understand being loyal to a certain political party, but if the current leader of the party that you usually support is blatantly misogynistic and hateful towards certain groups of people, why would you still vote for them?  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why ANY woman voted for Trump! Perhaps our political system is a bit different. Here, people tend to vote more for the person and less for the party. We are less "loyal" I suppose. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »

I've had the same problem but I've managed to stay friends with the ones who voted "against Hillary" and not "for Trump". I've been really vocal on Twitter though and started volunteering/donating more. I haven't been this politically active since Bush but, it's different this time and I feel like a lot of people don't realize it. This isn't about political parties, this is about the threat he legitimately poses to the country. He's horrible.

And on a side note if y'all ever want, I wouldn't mind flying out to PA one day ;)

That would be awesome! Having a meet up here.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »

Woah! That girl is totally brave for opting to do a cruise by herself! I have trouble eating lunch alone at like a fast-food restaurant if I'm on a course for work or something. I always feel like people are staring at me and wondering why I have no friends. LOL Of course, I know that nobody actually cares what I'm doing. I consider myself to be fairly social, but I don't think I could ever go to something that big alone.

Seriously, I would like to meet up with some "hardcore BSB fans" and go to an event as a bigger group. I think that would be amazing! Like I said before, my friend and I always go as a duo. Don't get me wrong, we always have an amazing time, but it would be nice to have some more ladies to fan-girl with. If the exchange rate wasn't so awful at the moment, Vegas with some of you ladies would be a bigger possibility. I appreciate you extending the invite!!  ;D

PA is not THAT far from where I am. (Re: It's a drive-able distance, so I could not have to fly and save money.) If the boys actually do a tour outside of Vegas, I would consider it ...

What part of Canada are you from, Erica? I make the drive up to Buffalo twice a year and it's right on the Canadian border by Niagara Falls. My sister used to live in Hamilton.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »

I do think Leighanne is responsible for Brian's gradual descent into douchbaggery. But it is what it is lol You all know how I feel about her.

It's been a really difficult day today. I happened to have the 8th grade at the time of the swearing in and they all wanted to watch it. Unfortunately for them, my room doesn't have a smart board and no cable so unless they all gathered around my little laptop, they weren't able to watch. To try to be impartial was really tough as I explained the swearing in process to them and the transfer of power etc... One of them said at around 12:30 "Do you think he's President yet?" And not thinking I said "Well I thought I heard the seventh seal open so. Yes" he looked at me like huh? And I just said, yes I think he's our President lol

These four years are going to be rough!

Steph, I was wondering how things were going for you guys with the whole EU thing happening. This world is a hot mess!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:40:52 PM by mare »

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »

I think it would be fun to meet a lot of you.... I met Rose and Julie (not sure if they'd want to hang out again) but we all should meet one day. I mean  I would love it. Wish all of us were going to Vegas. I'll be there the last week of June as my birthday is July 5th.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »

What part of Canada are you from, Erica? I make the drive up to Buffalo twice a year and it's right on the Canadian border by Niagara Falls. My sister used to live in Hamilton.

I'm from Ontario - Toronto. I used to cross over to Buffalo to go shopping all the time when the exchange rate was better. I haven't been over in a while though. Hamilton is not a good reflection of the rest of the province ... just in case it's the only place you've ever been in Ontario. Haha! The only time I ever go to Hamilton is to see BSB and it always seems to end badly - getting lost, having our car broken in to, etc. Ugh!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »

*peeks in* I haven't been on here in FOREVER
I missed all of you.... Really. Well... I'm still writing. Sort of, anyway. I updated one of my older stories a week or two ago. I started a new job in September and I've been busy busy busy. I also run a BSB fanfiction group on Facebook. I also took over a Once Upon A Time group, the owner gave it to me so that occupies a lot of my time as well. It's a pretty active group too. I do write now and then like I mentioned, I write slash now (still BSB) and I dabble in sci fi. Thus continuing my tradition of trying multiple genres because I cannot pick just one. I still read as well but I am only reading Julie's story at the moment because nobody's been writing.
By the way when Trump announced he was running for President I immediately thought of Mare's story and went Ummm hide BSB at all costs!!  Haha but joking aside I'm prepared for whatever happens with all this nonsense. I don't really discuss politics due to the fact people have not been nice when I say I didn't vote (I'm not registered)  so I choose to stay out of it and keep any opinions to myself. Nice to see everyone is still around. Talk to you all soon!

I'm glad you're still writing and reading. I'm sad that out of all my stories, the whole Trump becoming President is the thing that's coming true!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2017, 05:06:28 PM »

I'm from Ontario - Toronto. I used to cross over to Buffalo to go shopping all the time when the exchange rate was better. I haven't been over in a while though. Hamilton is not a good reflection of the rest of the province ... just in case it's the only place you've ever been in Ontario. Haha! The only time I ever go to Hamilton is to see BSB and it always seems to end badly - getting lost, having our car broken in to, etc. Ugh!

I've been to Toronto as well. Nice city. I haven't been back in a long time. The last time I was there, passports weren't mandatory. I don't have a passport so I haven't been back.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »

I think it would be fun to meet a lot of you.... I met Rose and Julie (not sure if they'd want to hang out again) but we all should meet one day. I mean  I would love it. Wish all of us were going to Vegas. I'll be there the last week of June as my birthday is July 5th.

If they ever do a Philly meet up, you're not too far away either.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »

Oooooh nice way to celebrate your birthday!! Are you just seeing the one show? I feel if I were to go all the way to Vegas that I would see the show at least twice. Or, maybe I would just go once and treat myself to VIP. However, I'm assuming you're closer to Vegas than I am!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2017, 06:32:14 PM »

Right now I'm only doing one show but I am debating on VIP just because it is Vegas and my birthday week.. Why not go all out?  Lol. But yeah l will be there from the 27th to July 6th so I could probably swing another show. I'm just doing one for now.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2017, 06:34:30 PM »

If they ever do a Philly meet up, you're not too far away either.

No, I'm not. I mean I'm an hour from NYC so I could get to PA easily.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2017, 06:36:03 PM »

Oooooh nice way to celebrate your birthday!! Are you just seeing the one show? I feel if I were to go all the way to Vegas that I would see the show at least twice. Or, maybe I would just go once and treat myself to VIP. However, I'm assuming you're closer to Vegas than I am!

I'm actually in New Jersey but I've been seeing good flight prices. I mean anything after the European cruise is cheap so I don't mind going to Vegas. I went like ten years ago. It's high time I went back anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37