Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121216 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »

It is sad that we're all pretty certain he's going to cause a war. People have actually started a pool to see how long it would take. All I have to say is, that horrible DeVos woman better not became the Secretary of Education!

Hell, he would start a war with SNL if he could!  I think someone needs to take control of his Twitter account away from him now that he's actually president.

I could not believe the clips I saw of her hearing.  Grizzly bears.  Schools should have guns to protect against grizzly bears.  WTF?!  A coworker of mine's husband is actually from Wyoming, and she said even he went "WTF?"  His school never had a problem with grizzlies, LOL.

I'm making another Harry Potter reference here, but I saw this Tumblr post right after the election: http://lydia-martin.tumblr.com/post/153857842640/gimme-a-hand-scaevola  In case you don't feel like clicking the link, this is what it said:

i miss 2012 when the biggest problem was Gangnam Style being overplayed it was a much simpler time before we knew what 2016 had in store for us

2012 was like the early years of harry potter when the biggest obstacle he faced was a somewhat cranky dog. now 2016 has happened, the triwizard tournament is over and cedric is dead

IF THIS IS ONLY BOOK 4 THAN WE ARE SERIOUSLY FUCKED

Ofc it’s only book 4. We just realized Trump is a real threat. Now we have to contend with a whole book of people telling is everything is fine. Then one of ineffectual governmental scrambling and then a whole book of open rebellion and racism.

I feel like we're officially to Book 5 now, and DeVos is Umbridge.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »

It is strange!!  I'm the same way; no one in my real life knows I write fanfic except for my immediate family (parents and sister) because it was hard to hide that from them completely when I was a teenager and still lived with them.  I don't know if they realize I still write it though LOL.  I have never told any of my real life friends because they would either A) make fun of me or B) want to read my stories, and I'm not sure which would be worse LOL.  I've always written under a pen name so no one I know in real life can "find me" online (like students, especially LOL).  So the only people I've ever really talked to about fanfic in real life are online friends that I've met, and it is way more uncomfortable than talking about it on here, even with the same people.  But it's also nice to be around people who know and accept that side of you.  I always feel like there's this huge part of my life that is a total secret from almost everyone I know, and that is kind of awkward too.

That is so funny about your husband!  Do you ever ask his opinion on guy stuff?  Not sex stuff, per se, but like, "Would a guy really think like this?"  I've always felt like most of us probably write the Boys as a lot more sensitive and feminine than they really are, being women ourselves.  I look back on stories I wrote as a teenager and the way I wrote the guys, and I think, "Wow, he sounds like an emo teenager girl."  Because that's exactly what I was at the time LOL.

Most of my real life friends would probably be super supportive!! Buuuut I would be way too embarrassed to have them read my stuff! Maybe if it wasn't fan fic I would let them read it ...I used to share my original fiction with them back in high school and they loved my writing then. We've been friends for so long that they would probably just accept it and tease me at the same time. I do feel like I'm leading a double life at times! So weird!

I've never asked my husband anything specific, but I kind of model the way the boys interact off of how he and his friends interact. Occasionally, some of the banter that I write is copied from stuff that I've heard my husband say while he's around my friends' husbands. He would probably kill me if he found that out though!!

I know you said that you're single, but would you admit your writing to your boyfriend?? (Only if you were serious about him ... not on like a first date or anything!).

I do feel as if I write the guys as being too "girly" sometimes. But, then again, they are more brothers than friends and all of the brothers I know are pretty soft and emotional with each other when the going gets tough. I feel as though our "emo" version of the boys is warranted based on what we subject them to in the fictional world.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »

I think my favorite Backstreet wife is Kristin, but besides Leighanne, I think they're all nice. I think Howie's wife is the most elusive one. I don't know much about her and I kind of like that. I like how they are all kind of in the background for the most part. I don't really care about any of them lol I always call the wives and kids misc...is that horrible?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »

You would think so, but then again, you'd also think our President should have some qualifications as well, besides being a rich reality star/megalomaniac

You make a valid point ... sadly ...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »

I have never doubted that the two of them love each other. I guess I always just pictured him with someone a bit more "hands off" spotlight wise. Like, someone more "traditional" in the wife sense. Someone who would be more behind the scenes - doing her own thing, with her own career, and taking care of the kids. That being said, I don't dislike her (as I have no real interaction with her on which to base my dislike). I'm just neutral as far as she's concerned. Ha!

I've never interacted with any of the wives, so I can't comment from actual experience. If I had to pick a favourite it would be a toss up between Kristin and Rochelle. Kristin seems very genuine to me and her and Kevin make an adorable couple. Rochelle comes across as being very realistic as far as her relationship with AJ is concerned and she seems like a great mommy to Ava (and to the soon to be baby #2).

I totally agree with what you said about expecting him to be more traditional like that.  For example, I sure never thought he would be the type to want to homeschool his kid.  As a public school teacher, that has always bugged me.

I've never met any of the other wives except for Kristin very briefly (she was also very sweet), so I can't comment from actual experience either, but they all seem cool on social media.  (Leigh finally let me follow her on Instagram, so I can stalk her stuff too now LOL.)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:08 PM »

True, although to avoid this mess I'm sure Nick would be willing to take one for the team lol

LOL!  That should be your next story.  And Brian has to choose between supporting Trump and saving Nick.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2017, 08:26:16 PM »

We are most definitely in book five! We need to find a secret room to practice our magic! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »

I totally agree with what you said about expecting him to be more traditional like that.  For example, I sure never thought he would be the type to want to homeschool his kid.  As a public school teacher, that has always bugged me.

I've never met any of the other wives except for Kristin very briefly (she was also very sweet), so I can't comment from actual experience either, but they all seem cool on social media.  (Leigh finally let me follow her on Instagram, so I can stalk her stuff too now LOL.)

I just think all three of them together are weird lol

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »

I totally agree with what you said about expecting him to be more traditional like that.  For example, I sure never thought he would be the type to want to homeschool his kid.  As a public school teacher, that has always bugged me.

I've never met any of the other wives except for Kristin very briefly (she was also very sweet), so I can't comment from actual experience either, but they all seem cool on social media.  (Leigh finally let me follow her on Instagram, so I can stalk her stuff too now LOL.)

Ahhhh yes, Leigh has also granted me a follow on Instagram so I can creep. I follow all the wives actually (except for Leighanne ... #sorrynotsorry)

Homeschooling ... I have no words for that. Ugh!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »

LOL!  That should be your next story.  And Brian has to choose between supporting Trump and saving Nick.

Lol the sequel to whatever the night may bring

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2017, 08:31:42 PM »

:D Agree ...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2017, 08:32:26 PM »

I know you said that you're single, but would you admit your writing to your boyfriend?? (Only if you were serious about him ... not on like a first date or anything!).

I do feel as if I write the guys as being too "girly" sometimes. But, then again, they are more brothers than friends and all of the brothers I know are pretty soft and emotional with each other when the going gets tough. I feel as though our "emo" version of the boys is warranted based on what we subject them to in the fictional world.

Yeah, I think I would once we got to the point of living together.  It would be too hard to hide otherwise.  He would wonder what the hell I was doing on my computer for so many hours at a time, which could lead to all kinds of trust issues LOL.  I wouldn't want him to read it, though.  I think I'd have to be with someone who had his own nerdy hobby, like fantasy football or D&D or something, so we could both make fun of each other and each do our own thing.

I do think the Boys are pretty in touch with their emotions, as far as guys go, and they do have that brotherly relationship.  I also think, given that most of our readers are also girls, it's okay if we write them as more feminine than they actually are because that's what the audience wants to read.  I love the bromantic stuff!  And yes, they definitely have more reason to cry and emote in our stories than in real life, given all that we put them through LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2017, 08:32:50 PM »

Lol the sequel to whatever the night may bring

Yes!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »

We are most definitely in book five! We need to find a secret room to practice our magic! lol

Yes!  Dumbledore's Army!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2017, 08:35:29 PM »

They really are LOL.  I'm waiting for Baylee to decide that his parents are embarrassing, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet (*cough*probably because he's homeschooled*cough*).
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37