Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121189 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »

Ahhhh yes, Leigh has also granted me a follow on Instagram so I can creep. I follow all the wives actually (except for Leighanne ... #sorrynotsorry)

Homeschooling ... I have no words for that. Ugh!

OMG, I just realized I could finally see her Instagram the other day, after I started writing again, and I'm embarrassed to admit I spent way too long creeping through her posts.  She and Howie should probably be more careful about what they post, though, because she had James's school picture up where he was wearing his school uniform with the name of his school on the polo shirt.  Someone could totally go try to kidnap him from school if they wanted to.  (Don't worry, I'm not planning to do that.)  And Howie posted a picture of the boys playing in front of the sign for a condominium complex that he either owns or lived at (but now, thanks to Leigh, I know that they recently built a new house).
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »

They really are LOL.  I'm waiting for Baylee to decide that his parents are embarrassing, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet (*cough*probably because he's homeschooled*cough*).

It's weird they are so close. I mean I guess it's nice? My family was so dysfunctional that I just think it's over the top weird. I feel bad for him that he's an only child. It's like they're all he has to relate to. I don't think he has any healthy real interaction with kids his age. It seems like whenever they do anything with Baylee and friends it's over the top opulent. Like taking a huge limo to play paintball or having a party that looks like it should have been a wedding reception. The kids are probably like...Yeah let's go to that weird rich kid's house! He's got a Wii in his bathroom dude!

It is a given fact that the weirdest kids are the ones who were home schooled. I always can tell when we get a new kid at school who was home schooled. The rest of the kids always look at them like wtf? lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:46:12 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #317 on: January 20, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

It's weird they are so close. I mean I guess it's nice? My family was so dysfunctional that I just think it's over the top weird. I feel bad for him that he's an only child. It's like they're all he has to relate to. I do to think he has any healthy real interaction with kids his age. It seems like whenever they do anything with Baylee and friends it's over the top opulent. Like taking a huge limo to play paintball or having a party that looks like it should give been a wedding reception. The kids are probably  like. Yeah let's go to that weird rich kid's house! He's got a Wii in his bathroom dude!

It is a given fact that the weirdest kids are the ones who were home schooled. I always can tell when we get a new kid at school who was home schooled.

That is all so true LOL.  It's a shame that they couldn't have more kids.  I wish they would have adopted some or something because - again, going back to the traditional thing - I always saw Brian as being a dad to more than one kid.  Not that there's anything wrong with being an only child, but that plus the homeschooling thing scores double in the social awkwardness department.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #318 on: January 20, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »

I guess I need to find and follow Leigh. Lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #319 on: January 20, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »

That is all so true LOL.  It's a shame that they couldn't have more kids.  I wish they would have adopted some or something because - again, going back to the traditional thing - I always saw Brian as being a dad to more than one kid.  Not that there's anything wrong with being an only child, but that plus the homeschooling thing scores double in the social awkwardness department.

They seemed pretty adamant that they only wanted the one. I can't even imagine being an only child. If it wasn't for my sister I'd probably be in a mental hospital or prison lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #320 on: January 20, 2017, 08:52:28 PM »

I guess I need to find and follow Leigh. Lol

Yeah, look her up!  It looks like she and Howie have some good times LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #321 on: January 20, 2017, 08:55:59 PM »

They seemed pretty adamant that they only wanted the one. I can't even imagine being an only child. If it wasn't for my sister I'd probably be in a mental hospital or prison lol

Well, Leighanne said years ago that she physically couldn't have any more kids.  It sounds like she had some complications after having Baylee and doesn't have all the parts for it any more.  I do think they probably would have had at least one more if they could have.

My sister drives me nuts, but I do think it would have been lonely being an only child.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #322 on: January 20, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »

Not to start bashing Brian again (we weren't bashing, but you know what I mean), but I just saw these photos of the other four having lunch together in L.A. today and noticed he wasn't with them:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4142024/Backstreet-Boys-reunite-LA-ahead-Las-Vegas-residency.html  Wonder how much shit they said about him behind his back after all this Trump backlash? LOL  It annoys me that he didn't go to lunch with them.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #323 on: January 20, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

I missed a lot while I was at work. It's nice to see this active.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #324 on: January 20, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »

A lot of people know I write... Although someone at work and I had a conversation about slash the other day and I had to explain it to someone that didn't get it lol. She goes "people read this?"  and I said yeah look at the Harry Potter fandom LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #325 on: January 20, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »

I missed a lot while I was at work. It's nice to see this active.

I know, same!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »

A lot of people know I write... Although someone at work and I had a conversation about slash the other day and I had to explain it to someone that didn't get it lol. She goes "people read this?"  and I said yeah look at the Harry Potter fandom LOL

Sheesh, yeah, the HP fandom is like all slash! LOL

I find slash to be such an odd phenomenon.  I kind of see the appeal more now than I used to, but I still don't really understand it.  Why do so many women, most of them straight, like to write about seemingly straight men or male characters in sexual relationships with each other?  The only real perk I've discovered about slash in our fandom is that it allows you to write romance without an original female character, which means you can keep the story all about BSB.  But in Harry Potter, for instance, when there are wonderful female characters in canon to write about, why do so many writers insist on only writing Harry/Draco or Marauder slash? LOL

To be clear, I'm not knocking slash at all.  I'm just genuinely perplexed by it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:54:02 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2017, 10:27:03 PM »

Sheesh, yeah, the HP fandom is like all slash! LOL

I find slash to be such an odd phenomenon.  I kind of see the appeal more now than I used to, but I still don't really understand it.  Why do so many women, most of them straight, like to write about seemingly straight men or male characters in sexual relationships with each other?  The only real perk I've discovered about slash in our fandom is that it allows you to write romance without an original female character, which means you can keep the story all about BSB.  But in Harry Potter, for instance, when there are wonderful female characters in canon to write about, why do so many writers insist on only writing Harry/Draco or Marauder slash? LOL

To be clear, I'm not knocking slash at all.  I'm just genuinely perplexed by it.
[/quote

Yeah I don't understand it either. I mean I read it a bit but it's not like slash in the BSB fandom it's a bit different. I used to really think slash was weird and stuff. But I have warmed up to it and I am OK with it. However I think it's weird when people pair up Kevin with Brian.... Lol that's a bit much for me.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2017, 01:25:28 AM »

Voting for the person or strictly on issues makes so much more sense than voting along party lines.  I am fairly liberal, especially with social issues, but I'm not registered to either party and have voted for candidates from both parties before.  I think the biggest problem in U.S. politics lately is that, as South Park puts it, our choices are usually limited to voting for a giant douche or a turd sandwich.  Neither candidate is admirable, so people vote for the lesser of two evils or vote against someone rather than for someone.  That was definitely the case in this last election.

I didn't know you weren't registered to either party. We really are brain twins LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2017, 01:26:31 AM »

I did not even mention the inauguration all day at school.  I saw some of our sixth grade classes watching it and heard a few seconds of him going on about how he's going to "make America great again" as I walked by, and I thought, I am not going to expose my students to this propaganda.

In the afternoon, one of my boys asked, "So is Donald Trump our president now?" and I threw up a little in my mouth and then said "Yes."  His next question was, "Is he going to bomb us?  Some of the sixth graders on the bus were saying he's going to bomb us."  So even the kids are scared.  I assured him that the president would not bomb his own country, but didn't tell him I'm more worried about other countries bombing us after he starts a war.  What a sad day indeed.

The weather here was rainy and gloomy all day, and it reminded me of the beginning of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, when the Dementors are breeding and making it cold and misty as Voldemort's taking over.  Either that, or it was the tears of 39 dead presidents weeping for the future of their country.

Awww your poor kids!

It was pouring ALL DAY here in Vegas, that never happens. I support the weeping theory.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37