Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121271 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #330 on: January 21, 2017, 01:28:45 AM »

That DeVos woman was the running joke at my work today!! (Next to Trump and the soon to be influx of American immigrants, of course).Guns in schools?! - Okay, lady!! WTF? Shouldn't one have at least a teaching degree and/or some kind of relevant experience in order to be considered for a position with "Education" in the title?? I have no words ...

I watched her get torn apart during her sessions on CSPAN and just, good god man. How the hell did she get nominated for that position.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:12 AM »

My thing about Brian is, I wish he'd just stop talking about Trump. I don't hate him for his views and I don't think I can really lol unless he goes VERY extreme (like "alt right" levels). My fandom goes too deep. But I wish he'd either find a way to be nicer or not say anything at all. Blaming Vegas as why they didn't perform for Trump and telling others to chill out about Trump just doesn't do him any favors with their fanbase. I'm honestly most annoyed at him implying that the others were okay with performing for the inauguration if not for the residency.

And I'm pretty sure it's why 3/4 BSBs posted Obama related posts since that TMZ video. Leighanne was in the comments defending herself on Rochelle's IG after saying it must be nice to "not be bullied for her political views" and it's like, this is why fans are staying mad about this. Politics are a divisive topic if you're not careful and either way you should be prepared for others to react.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2017, 04:21:52 AM »

Not to start bashing Brian again (we weren't bashing, but you know what I mean), but I just saw these photos of the other four having lunch together in L.A. today and noticed he wasn't with them:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4142024/Backstreet-Boys-reunite-LA-ahead-Las-Vegas-residency.html  Wonder how much shit they said about him behind his back after all this Trump backlash? LOL  It annoys me that he didn't go to lunch with them.

I saw that this morning. Brian posted a picture of him and Baylee at a basketball game, so he probably did his usual family before BSB - I'm going to get there at the last possible second to spend every minute with my own creepy, Trump loving family - thing lol

I'm sure he came up in conversation more than once. It was nice seeing them all together.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #333 on: January 21, 2017, 04:26:14 AM »

Well, Leighanne said years ago that she physically couldn't have any more kids.  It sounds like she had some complications after having Baylee and doesn't have all the parts for it any more.  I do think they probably would have had at least one more if they could have.

My sister drives me nuts, but I do think it would have been lonely being an only child.

Oh, I didn't know that. Every time anyone asked Brian if they were ever going to have another kid, he shot it down like they didn't want one, so I just assumed they were one and done. I know this seems horrible to say and it probably does speak how I truly feel about them sometimes, but I could see them thinking adoption was beneath them somehow. Sad, but true.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #334 on: January 21, 2017, 04:31:45 AM »

My thing about Brian is, I wish he'd just stop talking about Trump. I don't hate him for his views and I don't think I can really lol unless he goes VERY extreme (like "alt right" levels). My fandom goes too deep. But I wish he'd either find a way to be nicer or not say anything at all. Blaming Vegas as why they didn't perform for Trump and telling others to chill out about Trump just doesn't do him any favors with their fanbase. I'm honestly most annoyed at him implying that the others were okay with performing for the inauguration if not for the residency.

And I'm pretty sure it's why 3/4 BSBs posted Obama related posts since that TMZ video. Leighanne was in the comments defending herself on Rochelle's IG after saying it must be nice to "not be bullied for her political views" and it's like, this is why fans are staying mad about this. Politics are a divisive topic if you're not careful and either way you should be prepared for others to react.

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't appreciate that answer, but then again he was most likely caught off guard and ironically didn't want to look bad, not realizing most of the free world thinks Trump is a lunatic who has no right being a leader of anything.

I hate when people speak on my behalf about anything. Like when someone says ""We all still love and support you!" Or something like that. It drives me bonkers so I can see them being agitated, especially his cousin lol he seems like a don't speak on behalf of me kind of guy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:33:23 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #335 on: January 21, 2017, 04:32:12 AM »

I watched her get torn apart during her sessions on CSPAN and just, good god man. How the hell did she get nominated for that position.

If they conform her, I'm done!

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #336 on: January 21, 2017, 07:38:29 AM »

Yeah, I think I would once we got to the point of living together.  It would be too hard to hide otherwise.  He would wonder what the hell I was doing on my computer for so many hours at a time, which could lead to all kinds of trust issues LOL.  I wouldn't want him to read it, though.  I think I'd have to be with someone who had his own nerdy hobby, like fantasy football or D&D or something, so we could both make fun of each other and each do our own thing.

So funny that you mention fantasy football as that's my husband's thing! He's in a league with my best friend's husband and it's all they talk about during football season! They even send each other smack talk over text. It's ridiculous!!

My husband doesn't read my stuff either. Mostly because he hates reading and would find it to be a chore. So, I guess I lucked out that way. Haha

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #337 on: January 21, 2017, 07:47:26 AM »

Oh, I didn't know that. Every time anyone asked Brian if they were ever going to have another kid, he shot it down like they didn't want one, so I just assumed they were one and done. I know this seems horrible to say and it probably does speak how I truly feel about them sometimes, but I could see them thinking adoption was beneath them somehow. Sad, but true.

I don't know what the situation is there, but I do know that every time someone asks me when we're having another kid (my daughter is two), I want to punch them in the face. Mind your business, people!! LOL But then every time I think about being "one and done" my mind flashes to Baylee and the somewhat strange family dynamic going on there with just the three of them and I fully consider having another baby!!

I kinda feel like Baylee is trying too hard to present himself as a mini - Brian. Just do your own thing kid! Just because everyone (well mostly everyone) loves your dad for the way he is doesn't mean that people won't like you if you're different. I really think they need to send him to public school. He needs to be social on his own without Brian being his coach or mommy being around.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #338 on: January 21, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »

Perfectly said!! And you know the others ripped him apart when they all had lunch without him. It makes me sad to think that Brian is like the "shunned member" at the moment. I still love him beyond words even if I don't agree with his opinions. It makes me sad to think that there's a riff between him and the others at the moment.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #339 on: January 21, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »

I honestly doubt there's a rift. I'm sure they've all done it before and are used to it by now. That being said, I'm sure they still talked about it while they ate lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2017, 09:41:48 AM »

Agreed - I doubt any of the other guys were surprised about what he said; I'm sure they were aware of his political opinions.  If anything, they were probably annoyed that he spoke to TMZ and made it sound like BSB would have performed at the inauguration if it would have worked out with their schedule, when we know full well the other four would never have agreed to do it.  The media backlash is a bigger problem than Brian having a different opinion.  Although, to be fair, Brian has every right to express his opinions to whoever he wants.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2017, 09:54:30 AM »

Yes, I meant that the boys were likely pissed that he made them all out to be in favour of Trump in that stupid video. I'm sure that they were all well aware of how he voted ... and probably just rolled their eyes. This is why people should keep their political support to themselves!! Haha I can totally see Kevin watching the video and immediately texting him a big ol "WTF??". The media backlash has not been good. Even a local radio station here in Toronto that never plays the boys posted it to their social media pages and were totally making fun of him. Brutal.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »

I don't really have much to say about any of this. Sorry. I just think people read too much into things they see on social media. I kind of sometimes wish it was like back in the day when we didn't know all the behind the scenes stuff and we just kind of made up our own story because that was the fun thing to do lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »

I like the accessibility that has come with social media; I feel like the guys are a lot more interactive with fans, and we get to see another side of them that we didn't see before social media was big.  But because of that, we're also seeing them more as the real people they are outside of BSB, flaws and all.  In my teenybopper days, I thought Brian was basically perfect, but I don't put him on that pedestal anymore.  I never quite idolized any of the others the same way, so it's not the same for them, but all of them post things that make me shake my head or roll my eyes sometimes.  That's okay, though; I don't have to like everything they do and say, but I still love them.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »

No I know that. I was just saying I kind of miss it. I like knowing some stuff though and I don't put the guys on a pedestal either. They aren't perfect by any means and I find that I don't agree with a lot that they say or do. But that's how life is, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37