Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121237 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #360 on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:07 PM »

Hm well I do love Niall from One Direction. He's funny, I follow his snap chat. And the cast from Once Upon A Time, which is my favorite TV show. I've met Jennifer Morrison and she was awesome. Weird Al is someone I idolize too and I know a bit about him but not on the level I do the boys.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #361 on: January 22, 2017, 07:49:12 PM »

I was a Durannie to an embarrassing degree. I have yet to meet them even though I've actually known and went to college with two of their replacement players when sone of the originals went on hiatus. I always tell my students about the time I was waiting online to meet them in Boston and ended up being trampled on and in the end was the cut off person. The one right before me was the last one to meet them. After I was trampled on, they gave me tickets to their concert the next night where I once again was trampled on and lost my shoe. Still didn't get to meet them. I call November 2nd my bad luck day because of that. It's pretty hilarious now but not at the time. Lmao

Omg! That's so terrible! But, I have to admit that I did laugh at your story. You seriously lost a shoe?! How did you get home with only one shoe?! Terrible! My friend once had her glasses knocked off of her face while we were in the mosh pit at a Blink 182 concert, but she somehow managed to push the crowd out of the way and get them off of the ground before they got broken. To this day, I don't know how she got so lucky.

Even after all of the concerts that I've been to, I've never been "trampled". The closest came when my friend and I were at an event for Nick's first solo album: he was signing something for me and he dropped the marker that I had handed him, so he bent down in this massive mob of girls to get it back for me. The crowd surged forward and I thought girls were going to start climbing over me to get to him. Thankfully, his security stepped in and pushed people away. Nick just stood up like he didn't even know what had happened, handed me the marker and said "sorry hunny". His security looked like they wanted to kill him!! LOL

I have no other people or bands that I love as much as BSB. There are other bands that I have seen multiple times, but none that I know as much about. I did have a pretty big love for Hanson back when they were huge ... in like 1997 (that year was pretty epic).

FYI, my BSB "order" was, is, and probably always will be: Brian, Nick, AJ, Kevin, and Howie.  :-*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »

^ LOL Sounds like something Nick would do!

I've never been trampled or anything too crazy at a concert or event.  I was pinned to a pole for 2 hours at the House of Blues for their Up Close and Personal tour, my first GA experience.  I HATE GA.  But it was the closest I'd ever been to the stage, so I loved that show, even though I was so stiff I could barely move even when I finally could again.

What has been your best/worst BSB concert/event experience?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »

Omg! That's so terrible! But, I have to admit that I did laugh at your story. You seriously lost a shoe?! How did you get home with only one shoe?! Terrible! My friend once had her glasses knocked off of her face while we were in the mosh pit at a Blink 182 concert, but she somehow managed to push the crowd out of the way and get them off of the ground before they got broken. To this day, I don't know how she got so lucky.

Even after all of the concerts that I've been to, I've never been "trampled". The closest came when my friend and I were at an event for Nick's first solo album: he was signing something for me and he dropped the marker that I had handed him, so he bent down in this massive mob of girls to get it back for me. The crowd surged forward and I thought girls were going to start climbing over me to get to him. Thankfully, his security stepped in and pushed people away. Nick just stood up like he didn't even know what had happened, handed me the marker and said "sorry hunny". His security looked like they wanted to kill him!! LOL

I have no other people or bands that I love as much as BSB. There are other bands that I have seen multiple times, but none that I know as much about. I did have a pretty big love for Hanson back when they were huge ... in like 1997 (that year was pretty epic).

FYI, my BSB "order" was, is, and probably always will be: Brian, Nick, AJ, Kevin, and Howie.  :-*

I actually got my shoe back. About halfway through the concert, I saw someone waving it up in the air so I managed to get it back from them lol my life is a bad sitcom.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »

^ LOL Sounds like something Nick would do!

I've never been trampled or anything too crazy at a concert or event.  I was pinned to a pole for 2 hours at the House of Blues for their Up Close and Personal tour, my first GA experience.  I HATE GA.  But it was the closest I'd ever been to the stage, so I loved that show, even though I was so stiff I could barely move even when I finally could again.

What has been your best/worst BSB concert/event experience?

I have to say, i've never really had a bad experience at a BSB show. I think I have three shows tied for first place. I saw them at Hershey Park and had incredible seats. I also had incredible seats at Radio City Music Hall. That was the Nevergone tour. I also loved when I saw them for the Up Close and Personal tour because it was the first time I ever saw them live. It was GA and now that I'm using a walker, I could never do that again, but I don't think I'd ever do it again even if I was healthy.

I've also enjoyed all the events I've gone to, although Brian's golf event, I had no idea what that was going to entail. All the walking and the intense heat and bad Leighanne encounter was maybe on the more negative side for me. I've never done a meet and greet or VIP and have never met Nick. Met all the others though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:58:13 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »

Okay Mare, when we all meet in Philly for a BSB show some day, we are getting you a VIP so you can meet Nick!  That's a must!

I've never been to one of their charity events.  It seems like they did more of them years ago when I wasn't able to travel out of state to go to these things, and now, not so much.  I've been to a few Wylee parties; I sort of feel like that's showing charity to Leighanne LOL.

My favorite concert experience was their holiday show in St. Louis in 2013.  It was one of those radio station shows with several other artists, but they basically did their whole IAWLT tour set, plus the pandaskunk song (It's Christmas Time Again), which made my life complete.  I had true, actual front row for the first time in my life, AND because the meet and greets were different from their usual VIP deal, I got to get my picture taken solo with all five of them for the first time for about the same price as a silver VIP.  It was a great experience!

I've never really had a bad BSB concert experience either, but worst would have to be the first show of the IAWLT tour in Chicago getting shut down before the last set because of their stupid curfew and the fact that everything was running super late.  Everyone was so pissed, the guys included, but it was memorable, and at least I got to see them again the next night in St. Louis for a full show.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2017, 05:14:00 AM »

I remember that happening to you guys! Did they end up rescheduling that concert? I think they did but I don't recall if it happened or not.

I had most of my concert experiences before they made VIP a thing. Back in the days when to be able to get into a soundcheck, you had to win a spot in a lottery type draw. Remember when they used to do that? When they started the, anyone can do VIP for a price thing, I quickly figured out that was too much money for me to justify spending on five minutes with the boys.

They seem to have stopped doing all their charitable events. Those things I didn't mind spending money on because I knew it was going to a great cause. I've only done two but they were both pretty awesome experiences. Howie's bowling event is still one of my all time favorite things ever lol he's the best. And Brian's was pretty excellent too (minus Leighanne) and yes, I was being quite charitable! lol

Anyway...I wish they would do more of those and less cruises. It seems like maybe that's a thing of the past now.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2017, 07:38:20 AM »

I've also enjoyed all the events I've gone to, although Brian's golf event, I had no idea what that was going to entail. All the walking and the intense heat and bad Leighanne encounter was maybe on the more negative side for me. I've never done a meet and greet or VIP and have never met Nick. Met all the others though.

Ummmm what happened with Leighanne?? I'm sure everyone else around here knows, but I'm out of the loop! HAHA

I've never been to a charity event; mostly because they only do them in the States and I'm not about to cross the boarder and pay a ton of money on travel.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #368 on: January 26, 2017, 07:59:49 AM »

Okay, it was tough to determine my "best" concert experience. In all fairness, they've all been pretty great! I think one of the best ones was the Black and Blue tour that they played in Toronto the day after the September 11th attacks. All of the guys came out on stage before the show to pay tribute to the people who had lost their lives and to hold a moment of silence. It was a bit of a surreal moment; to have an entire areana full of teenage girls staring at the Backstreet Boys and being completely silent. I was sixteen at the time, and it was definitely a strange/uncertain time in the world. It was also the day that they debuted Drowning and we were the first audience to hear it live.

My friend and I had pretty good seats for that show and, for some random reason, the row in front of where my friend and I were sitting had been blocked off and was completely empty. So, at one point, we were jumping up and down to get Brian's attention and when he finally looked over at us my friend got so excited that she lost her balance and practically face planted over the back of the seat in front of her and into the empty row in front of us. Brian looked concerned for all of five seconds and then started laughing directly into his mic! Of course it was when he was supposed to be singing and he totally flubbed the whole verse. LOL Kevin swooped in to sing Brian's part (which was sweet) and then Brian made sure to acknowledge us every time he was on our side of the stage for the rest of the show. Teenage me was in heaven!!

Worst experience was the one and only This Is Us show that we saw. They played an open air venue in the middle of the summer and it was brutally hot! It had been close to 40C during the day with the humidex and at night it had only cooled by a few degrees. We were sweating just sitting in our seats! I actually felt bad for the guys being on stage in that heat; you could totally tell that they were struggling to cope and that they weren't feeling it. To make things worse, these two girls in front of us just kept screaming "Niiiiiiiick we love you!" for the entire show. It was all we could hear sometimes. They were acting like they were 12, but they were probably over 30. At one point, the girls sitting beside us were actually debating throwing something at them to get them to shut up. To top everything off, we had taken transit to the show to avoid the parking nightmare and, of course, the streetcar was shut down due to an accident when the show let out. So, we ended up waiting in the heat for hours until the accident cleared and the streetcars started running again. There was a crazy big crowd of people waiting and everyone started to rush the first streetcar that showed up; one girl got totally trampled and another one was bitten on the arm. Needless to say, we just hung back and waited for the next one. It was terrible!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2017, 09:32:17 AM »

Holy crap! Someone was bitten? Wtf is wrong with people?

I know I've told this story a few times, but during Brian's golf event, one of the friends I went with got overheated. It was an incredibly hot day. She had to go back to the clubhouse to cool down. In the meantime, my other friend and I were briefly sitting away from the crowd by a tree where Leighanne, Johnny Wright and their lawyer Jordan, were kind of just hanging around there too. They didn't know we were fans and were kind of oblivious to our presence and they were making fun of and talking crap about most of the fans who showed up at the event, calling my friend names because of her weight. Me being pleasantly plump as well, calmly shook my head and walked away and thus the hatred of Leighanne was born. To their faces she was nice as could be, but the way she talked after these people spent so much money for her charity spoke volumes to me. Horrible person.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »

OMG, Mare, that's terrible! I actually have no words ... (which is unusual for me!)

I have to give you kudos for keeping your cool and for removing yourself from the situation. I probably would not have been so kind, especially if she was saying negative things about my friend. I'm sorry that happened to you and to your friend. Ugh! This story has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #371 on: January 26, 2017, 04:35:20 PM »

Okay Mare, yeah we gotta get you to a VIP so you can meet Nick. Period lol.

My best...I've never had a bad one, honestly. One of my favorites though was TIU, it was GA but it's because the stage was at the Mandalay Bay's pool stage which is in the middle of a wavepool so we were in water. It was my second time being front row (my first time was UB but that was the time Nick was sick and had no voice so Howie had to sing his parts). The concert was the last of the tour I think, or second to last. Everything was so laid back and they were using squirtguns during songs and tossing beach balls out. It was a giant party LOL. I ended up seeing the "proper" TIU show later on the 2011 cruise.

My second favorite was Nick's ITO tour. It was my first time seeing Nick solo and my first time really traveling for a concert (outside of a BSB Cruise). The concert itself was fun but it was more the first time I got to go to a concert in a new city and with Julie and Laureen so I just had a ball. I about froze outside and roasted inside but I didn't really care. And it was my first Nick VIP where I learned his are superior to BSB's LOL.

I have a love/hate thing with GA. During Unbreakable I went home with bruises cause I was at the barricade so there was so much shoving/pushing. TIU not so much. I like having a seat and know I don't have to fight for my space, but I tend to be closest when I'm able to do GA. GA during IAWLT in the fanpit was fantastic. There was a lot of space, I was up at the catwalk and got to experience BSB's taking my hand and singing to me LOL. If every GA experience was like that I'd never go back to seats LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »

I am still totally upset with myself for not saying anything. Back then, I was more worried about getting us banned from BSB events then actually standing up for my friend. Plus I was embarrassed and knew they'd just talk about me too. Me today however, wouldn't have given two craps and would have told them all where to stick their ugly opinions. Live and learn.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2017, 04:39:15 PM »

Here's a question for everyone. What are your biggest concert pet peeves?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2017, 08:52:13 PM »

I remember that happening to you guys! Did they end up rescheduling that concert? I think they did but I don't recall if it happened or not.

I had most of my concert experiences before they made VIP a thing. Back in the days when to be able to get into a soundcheck, you had to win a spot in a lottery type draw. Remember when they used to do that? When they started the, anyone can do VIP for a price thing, I quickly figured out that was too much money for me to justify spending on five minutes with the boys.

They seem to have stopped doing all their charitable events. Those things I didn't mind spending money on because I knew it was going to a great cause. I've only done two but they were both pretty awesome experiences. Howie's bowling event is still one of my all time favorite things ever lol he's the best. And Brian's was pretty excellent too (minus Leighanne) and yes, I was being quite charitable! lol

Anyway...I wish they would do more of those and less cruises. It seems like maybe that's a thing of the past now.

They didn't actually reschedule it; they just came back to Chicago on the second leg the following summer and offered us a freaking $5 discount (or maybe it was 5%?) off ticket prices, which everyone complained about, so they made it 25 instead.  I couldn't go anyway because it was on a Wednesday night, and I had class.

I do remember the soundcheck lottery; I think they started that during the NG tour, and then during Unbreakable, they started offering the paid VIPs, but also still had soundcheck winners.  I know because I went to two Unbreakable shows, and the first one I paid for VIP (which was my first time meeting the Boys) and the other I actually won soundcheck!

I have mixed feelings on the VIPs.  In general, I like them because they're a guaranteed way to get to meet the guys.  I like getting pictures with them, and I LOVE going to the soundchecks.  For me, the soundcheck is better than the meet-and-greet.  The meet-and-greets are super quick, but they've gotten better over the years.  It used to be they would stand behind a barrier, and you weren't supposed to ask them for hugs or talk to them too long.  They haven't done the barrier thing since NKOTBSB, and hugs are okay now, although the bodyguards still try to hurry you along.  The downside is they are super expensive.  I don't like the different levels because that's just made it more expensive.  I will only do silver or bronze, and those are bad enough.  Worth it, though?  To me it is because that's pretty much the only way I've ever been able to interact with them, other than the cruises.

I love the cruises too because they're fun and a great way to meet up with a lot of online friends at once, but again, they are so expensive (and so much MORE expensive than a regular cruise), I get why people wish they would stop.  I don't think they necessarily need to do one every year, but I hope they keep doing them and branch out where they go.

I do wish they would do more of their charity stuff.  It's too bad they all seem to have let that stuff go.  I would love to go to some of those kinds of events now that I can afford to travel and have BSB friends to go with.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37