Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 122583 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »

Erika, your TIU experience sounds terrible!!  Your B&B concert, on the other hand, sounds awesome.  The B&B show I went to was also shortly after 9/11 (9/22), and they did a moment of silence and sang Drowning there too, which was awesome.  (Still one of the best BSB songs).  It must have been especially memorable to be there for the first time.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »

Rose, I remember writing about that Vegas concert in Curtain Call and looking up the temperature that day.  I'm sure the water helped keep you guys cool (and seriously, what an awesome way to watch a concert!), but going along with what Erika said about her show too, I don't know how the guys perform in that kind of heat, especially with all the layers of clothes they usually wear on stage.  I would be passed out by the end of the first set, especially if it involved dancing, LOL.  I guess they're just used to it.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »

Here's a question for everyone. What are your biggest concert pet peeves?

- People screaming during songs and while the guys are talking
- Tall people
- Posters
- People who throw their hands in the air right as I'm trying to take a picture
- People who push or try to sneak into better spots
- Most opening acts
- People who are constantly wanting in and out of the aisle to get drinks and go to the bathroom
- People who sing along so loudly I can hear them on my videos

So mainly other people LOL.  I hate people!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »

- Tall people
- Posters
- Most opening acts
- People who are constantly wanting in and out of the aisle to get drinks and go to the bathroom

Amen to those! I hate people as well.

I detest when people scream during songs or when the guys talk or in general. Unless someone is stabbing you to death, shut the hell up!

And signs! Unless you are twelve, put the damn sign away. No one cares that you heart Nick Carter!

I also hate when people feel the need to not only stand during every damn song but, who also insist on standing on their chairs. I paid for a seat. I'd actually like to sit and watch this concert like a normal adult human being.

Opening acts - BSB most definitely need to go. Some other acts have had pretty decent openers. I'm half and half on this one. Probably the musician in me understands how important that gig is but the fan in me is like "Just get on with it!"
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »

- Tall people
- Posters
- Most opening acts

LOL - "Tall People" - Sorry, for being tall! Actually, I'm not THAT tall. I'm just a bit taller than an average woman, so I guess I would be pretty annoying if I were directly in front of you. #sorrynotsorry

Okay, I will add to the list of pet-peeves with:

- People who are constantly on their phones looking at and/or updating their social media during the show
- People who spend the majority of the show attempting to get a good selfi (do that BEFORE the band hits the stage)
- People who brag about their other concert experiences really loudly because they want everyone around them to hear (FYI, nobody cares if you once climbed over a fence to attack Nick)
- People who bring a ton of merchandise and/or a massive purse into the GA section (What are you going to do with it??)
- Girls who wear stilettos (WHY?!!) You will receive bonus annoyance points if you cannot walk properly while wearing them and/or if you wear them in the GA section and then complain that your feet hurt

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #380 on: January 27, 2017, 07:35:22 AM »

My best...I've never had a bad one, honestly. One of my favorites though was TIU, it was GA but it's because the stage was at the Mandalay Bay's pool stage which is in the middle of a wavepool so we were in water. It was my second time being front row (my first time was UB but that was the time Nick was sick and had no voice so Howie had to sing his parts). The concert was the last of the tour I think, or second to last. Everything was so laid back and they were using squirtguns during songs and tossing beach balls out. It was a giant party LOL. I ended up seeing the "proper" TIU show later on the 2011 cruise.

You were in the water?! Whoa! Part of me thinks that would be amazing, while the other part of me would be super hesitant to go to a show like that. Like, I would have to wear a bathing suit in front of people who I'm a) not married to or b) haven't known since I was 5?? Ugh! That's so not my jam!! LOL If given the chance, I would probably suck it up and do it anyways, but not without an internal struggle.  :-*

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »

Nah Erika, most of us were wearing tshirts and shorts. The water didn't go up super high, just enough to keep us cool. Like Julie pointed out, it was pretty warm but it was only like...101? which was almost chilly for July out here. I was totally good with the water. 

- Tall people
- Posters
- Most opening acts

This is my list, except for tall people LOL. Cause I'm kind of tall. If I see someone short getting blocked I tend to let them stand in front of me in GA.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »

LOL No offense to you tall girls!  I agree with all the other pet peeves people have posted, though!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »

Tall people hater! LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2017, 02:54:40 AM »

For me it would be :

Opening acts unless its someone I like.

Girls who save place in line for someone that arrives last minute when you wait in line for a long time. (this happened at a couple of Nicks shows. Some well known fans that go to all the east coast stuff do this all the time. Luckily at the all American show I went to the security told them to take a hike to the back. I was laughing so hard. The girl was so pissed. That's what you get)

People who sing too loud when I am filming.

People who don't understand the concept of showers and deodorant when you're in GA.

People who are already tall and wearing stilettos standing in front of you.

Pushy Spanish fans.

People who scream before the concert even starts.

People who keep leaving the aisle and coming back.

Girls trashing a member of BSB in line and during vip kiss their ass.

Girls who wear hoochie clothes like they're a groupie.

Girls who have never seen them before asking me dumb questions like "Which one is Donnie Wahlberg?"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:34 AM »

Girls in general lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2017, 07:39:50 PM »

What else can we talk about?  I miss seeing the red dot on here!

In sitting here trying to come up with a new question, I noticed Mare's quote in her signature:

"Writing is something you do alone. It's a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it." ~ John Green

Mare and I have a lot in common, so it's not surprising this quote speaks to me too.  I am definitely an introvert and a far more eloquent writer than speaker; I tell stories way better in my head or on paper than I ever seem to tell them out loud.  I just wondering if it was true for the rest of us.

Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?  What aspect(s) of your personality shows itself most through your writing and/or characters?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #387 on: February 02, 2017, 05:28:53 AM »

I am a complete introvert. I don't know if any of that shows through in my characters and writing though. When it comes to writing I am extroverted. I express my thoughts and feelings so much better with my fingers than I do with my mouth. I think the one thing most of you would find shocking is how quiet I would probably be if we ever did meet in person. I am much more comfortable sitting back and observing then I actually am talking. I am only talkative around people I know very well. I'm not sure if any of my characters resemble that or not.

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #388 on: February 02, 2017, 08:40:13 AM »

This question is actually kind of tough to answer. I am an extroverted introvert. HAHA Makes total sense, right? I definitely express myself much better on paper than I do while speaking. For instance, when I was in school, I would have much rather written an essay than delivered a presentation. Speaking in front of people gives me anxiety. However, I consider myself to be a pretty social person. I am quite talkative around people that I know and I don't really have any trouble connecting with new people in social situations. It's somewhat hard to explain, I suppose.

My characters are nothing like me (at least not intentionally). Part of the fun of writing is creating "new" people. I have no desire to write about myself. Although, sometimes I will pull things from my own experiences and work them into my writing. Like, as I mentioned before somewhere, I will use banter that I've heard my husband have with his friends when I'm writing the guys. (He is unaware that I do this though ... LOL).

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »

Wow so much to catch up on in the last week!

My favourite BSB tour was Unbreakable.  I had front row seats and AJ threw his bottle of water over me and my friend lol (it was very hot that day so I didn't mind), and Nick ran by us and touched hands.  It was also the first time I saw them live, so that was special.

My favourite was always Kevin as I've always been into the tall, dark haired types lol.  But I was first attracted to the music as I too wasn't a teen when I first started liking them.

My other obsession was also Duran Duran, they were my first boyband love.  I was 8 years old when I first heard them.  I'm also a fan of Take That and used to write fanfiction about them, but haven't done for years and haven't read any for years either.  I'm not so obsessed with them anymore.

I would love to go to an AC convention and meet up with you all.  I did that with the Take That fanfic girls I used to talk to (and still do talk to some of them).  It was so much fun and not just all about the boys.  I remember being nervous and wondering what we'd talk about, but it was just like we'd known each other ages as we used to talk online a lot.

My husband knows I've written fanfics but I've never shown him.  He's always pestering to read them though.  He wouldn't mind me writing as has his own nerdy stuff to do.

I'm trying to remember what the other questions were :)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37