Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: New questions to ponder  (Read 121170 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: New questions to ponder
« Reply #390 on: February 03, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »

Introvert or extrovert...de finitely introvert I'd say.  Not sure whether I put myself into my stories as don't think I'm like any of my characters.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #391 on: February 03, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »

Here's a question for everyone. What are your biggest concert pet peeves?

Support acts
People getting up all the time to go and buy drinks
Hands/arms in the way so I can't see
People pushing in

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »

Which song do you wish the boys had recorded rather than someone else doing it? 

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #393 on: February 03, 2017, 07:40:37 PM »

Good question!! Okay, so I have several songs that I love by the origins artists that I can totally hear the boys singing. I don't necessarily wish that these people hadn't recorded these songs. I would just like to hear the boys' take on them.They are (in no particular order):

1. Cloud Number Nine - Bryan Adams
2. A Song To Sing - Hanson
3. Steal My Girl - One Direction
4. Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #394 on: February 03, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »

I am definitely an introvert.  Erika, I do understand what you said about being an "extroverted introvert."  That is definitely a thing.  Despite my wordiness in writing, I've never been much of a talker.  I'm quiet by nature, although I am a lot more talkative around people I'm comfortable with, like family and close friends.  I also talk all day for a living (a.k.a. teaching), so I come across as much more extroverted in my job than I really am, out of necessity.  That may be part of why I'm always exhausted at the end of the day/week and look forward to weekends when I can stay home alone and enjoy two whole days without any human interaction. LOL

I don't typically base characters on myself, but I do think certain aspects of my personality come across in my characters and plots.  I am a closet worrier who overthinks everything but hides it well, and I think those insecurities show themselves in the way I write certain characters.  Broken Nick comes to mind - I wrote him as so angsty and insecure, I think because I was an angst, insecure teenage girl at the time LOL.  I am also a bit of a hypochondriac in my own head, but I'm not sure if that's why I like reading/writing medical dramas or if that's BECAUSE I've read/written so many medical dramas.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #395 on: February 03, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »

That is a good question, but a tough one!  I'll have to think about that one some more.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #396 on: February 04, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »

I have noticed that many of my teacher friends are introverted. I wonder why we are all attracted to the public speaking thing while in our own time are kind of shy and quiet. Our faculty room is usually so quiet at lunch time because no one wants to actually say anything lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »

Oh wow... that isn't true at my school; most of my teacher friends are not introverts.  But I'm sure a lot of teachers are.  There's a difference between talking to kids all day and public speaking in front of a room of adults.  I could never spend all day talking to 26 adults for a living.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #398 on: February 05, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »

I am definitely a multivert. I am an introvert due to my social anxiety. I want to talk to everybody and make friends and be social but only for a bit lol then I want to sit alone and not be bothered. So I'm a little of both.

As far as characters.... I always put a bit of me in them. Like Nick in Finding Carter is a lot like me. Especially the part of wanting to drive a car but being afraid to. Nick adopts a lot of my traits and habits usually for some reason. I like to give AJ my cynicism and Brian usually gets my optimism. As for Kevin, he usually is the realist and the one that is like hey you guys are idiots don't do that. I'm like that with my real life friends too. I always look after everyone lol. Make sure we get somewhere on time... Make sure we have everything. So I give the anal attention to details to Kevin.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »

I also love the original version, but I'd love to hear the boys sing Rule The World by Take That

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2017, 12:10:00 AM »

As I get ready to write another concert scene...

What are your favorite and least favorite kind of scenes to write?

(I hate writing concert scenes.)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:41 PM »

My blob was not red! lol

I loved writing bromantic scenes. The simple ones with just the guys having casual conversations about nothing.

My least favorite scenes to write were action sequences. I could always picture them in my head but they were hard as hell to describe the way I saw them.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #402 on: February 15, 2017, 07:11:26 PM »

You are the queen of writing those bromantic scenes, Mare!  Question:  Whenever you wrote those simple scenes with just the guys having casual conversations about nothing, did you plan those and know what they were going to talk about ahead of time, or did they just evolve naturally?  I have fun writing those scenes too, but for me, the best ones are the ones that just spontaneously happen as I'm writing.  Even though I'm a planner, I never think to myself, "And now I'm going to write the guys having a conversation about _____."  The bromantic scenes I try to manufacture just end up feeling forced.

I agree with what you said about action scenes, too.  It's hard because you want to describe what's happening so it's clear, but you can't add too much description, or it slows down the action too much.  It's tricky to find the right balance.  That's kind of why I hate writing concert scenes or any singing scenes, too - I always feel like they would be so much better in a movie than a story so you can see and hear what's happening.  I always have to be listening to the song they're singing when I'm reading those scenes, or I end up just skimming through them.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2017, 05:35:41 AM »

You are the queen of writing those bromantic scenes, Mare!  Question:  Whenever you wrote those simple scenes with just the guys having casual conversations about nothing, did you plan those and know what they were going to talk about ahead of time, or did they just evolve naturally?  I have fun writing those scenes too, but for me, the best ones are the ones that just spontaneously happen as I'm writing.  Even though I'm a planner, I never think to myself, "And now I'm going to write the guys having a conversation about _____."  The bromantic scenes I try to manufacture just end up feeling forced.

I agree with what you said about action scenes, too.  It's hard because you want to describe what's happening so it's clear, but you can't add too much description, or it slows down the action too much.  It's tricky to find the right balance.  That's kind of why I hate writing concert scenes or any singing scenes, too - I always feel like they would be so much better in a movie than a story so you can see and hear what's happening.  I always have to be listening to the song they're singing when I'm reading those scenes, or I end up just skimming through them.

Thanks! I very rarely plan out those scenes. Depending on why they are existing, sometimes I'll know where I want a conversation to end, but I just kind of close my eyes and picture them hanging out and whatever pops in my brain, I write down. I'm pretty sure that's how "Why Id Do It Again" was written. Just a side note, I went blank on the name of my own story. I almost had to go check out the title lol so sad. :(  I'm not entirely sure if that's even correct. I feel like I'm missing a word.

I don't think I've ever written a concert scene now that I think about it. I would imagine they would be tough.

I did miss a word. It's Why I'd Do it all Again! Lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:37:57 AM by mare »

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »

I struggle with sex scenes. I never go into detail because I know nothing about actually doing it so I feel I'll get it wrong because I've never experienced it for myself. So I kind of gloss over it or I just mention it happening but don't go into detail.

I feel I'm really good at comedy and suspense and angst though.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37