Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111141 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »

Also (shameless plugging) I started posting the reboot under a new title and including a new summary. I was listening to music a few nights ago and Nowhere To Go fit the story perfectly, and so did the lyrics. I was giddy. Lol.

Has anyone written a story and then found a song that goes with it, or been inspired by a song in general?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »

LOL So Niall and Harry were Jack and Rose?  That is epic.

LOL yup, that they were.

I remember those 1,000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter stories, lol. I don't think I actually wrote one, but I remember reading a bunch of them. The Burning Up one Julie wrote was hilarious too - where he's in the recording studio and burns to death. Poor Nick lol.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 08:15:04 AM »

Also (shameless plugging) I started posting the reboot under a new title and including a new summary. I was listening to music a few nights ago and Nowhere To Go fit the story perfectly, and so did the lyrics. I was giddy. Lol.

Has anyone written a story and then found a song that goes with it, or been inspired by a song in general?

That's awesome, Tracy! I love when that happens. I wrote a Nick romance a long time ago called In Pieces and I named it that after the BSB song because the lyrics also fit really well. Especially the whole "Wake me up when it's over / After the ending / When the damage has all been done" bit, since the story takes place many years after their initial relationship ends.

I usually make playlists for stories as I write them. I don't typically share them with anyone, I just keep them to listen to as I'm writing that particular story. Does anyone else do that?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 01:01:13 PM »

I actually have  a Spotify playlist for Take Me Home.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:17 PM »

I don't ever use music for writing or inspiration at all. I need it to be 100% quiet when I write and listening to music has never helped me to be inspired to do anything, except clean. I put on music to clean. I know it probably sounds ironic coming from a person who makes her living through music, but that's just how I roll. Maybe because I'm surrounded by it all day long, when I get home I never ever listen to it. I mean never ever lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »

Favorite one shot? Wow there's so many but I know one of my favorites was for the 1,000 WAYS To Kill Nick Carter spinoff... When Julie had Nick kill the fan and baked her into muffins. No lie- I have not been able to touch a blueberry muffin since reading that. I can't even explain it to anyone cause they won't get it lol

LOL!!  Sorry for ruining blueberry muffins for you, but thanks!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 11:34:56 PM »

LOL yup, that they were.

I remember those 1,000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter stories, lol. I don't think I actually wrote one, but I remember reading a bunch of them. The Burning Up one Julie wrote was hilarious too - where he's in the recording studio and burns to death. Poor Nick lol.

Thanks!  That one is one of my favorites that I wrote.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 08:34:17 AM »

It's hard to narrow short stories down to one favorite that I've read.  The first two that came to mind are "Documentaries" by Izzy, which Mare mentioned, and "Crash and Burn" by Refuse - both oldies.  "Beautiful Girl" by Mare is another old one that's always stuck with me.  I also love the funny challenge ones people have written, like "Nick's Dirty Kicks" by Steph and Julilly's Gaston story for the Beauty and the Beast challenge (don't remember the exact title).

My favorite short story that I've written is one of those funny challenge stories, "Shorty and the Deceased."
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »

I get inspired by songs a lot.   I actually meant to post a link in one of my author's notes at the end of Sick as My Secrets to a song that had inspired me, but I forgot.  It was "Take Me Home" by Pentatonix - beautiful song!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRUlbyH_D0  I envisioned the end of SAMS for over a year listening to that song.  Another song that was inspiring to me at the beginning of that story is an instrumental piece called "Primavera" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmxFAT581T4  Again, it's just a beautiful song, but I like how it builds and builds and sounds so dramatic.

I usually only write to instrumental music, but I do make playlists for some stories with non-instrumental songs.  I don't usually listen to them while I'm actually writing, but I will listen to them to get inspired.  I just deleted my SAMS playlist that I had been listening to in my car for weeks (off and on for years).  I still have CDs I burned with my playlists for Broken/BMS, Curtain Call, Song for the Undead, and 00Carter.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »

See my story Take Me Home was inspired by the song from Nick and Knight. It's a beautiful song despite Jordan... I'm not really a fan of his but I do love the song. A lot of my one shots are inspired by music.

Speaking of, I also love writing one shots between stories, I agree with Julie on the fact it does help with my creativity.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 07:34:56 PM »

That's my favorite Nick & Knight song!  So beautiful!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 10:11:22 PM »

That's my favorite Nick & Knight song!  So beautiful!

I think it's mine too. I just loved it. I have been writing like crazy lately all of a sudden, I don't  know why but it's good to be back at it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 10:29:10 PM »

Awesome!!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »

Mare, does your new avy have a platypus playing a keytar?  That really IS the greatest Venn diagram ever! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 04:47:39 AM »

Yes, it does! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38