Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 112310 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2017, 11:27:13 PM »

I have to agree with all of you, Nick really is the easiest to write about because of all of his history. I've even tried writing the others, and while Brian is becoming easy for me as well, I felt Howie to be difficult to write. I know almost nothing about him so I can't identify with him at all. I do love him though.

In my stories I always make AJ the comic relief. I feel it fits him. Being the smart ass and sometimes rude one. Nick is always sensitive and anxious, melodramatic one. Brian is quiet but when he's angry he shocks everyone. Howie is quiet too and Kevin is always the adultiest adult lol. He's the strict one. However I did enjoy writing him as a fun loving guy in my romance AU where he was a wedding planner. Sometimes it's fun to play around and give them different personalities.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 02:54:24 AM »

I don't know if I do the head canon thing. Perhaps Kevin and a Niick's entire relationship in pretty much all of my stories?

It's interesting what you said, Julie, about Nick keeping secrets. When you mentioned that my mind went to Jenna and Swenglish. I wonder if they are the reason you started to do that because that seemed to be a common thread in all of their stuff.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 05:16:52 AM »

That very well could be because it started with Broken, which I wrote while they were writing the Swollen series.  I know I am influenced by what I read in other people's stories, so that could be where some of this "head canon" comes from.  The keeping secrets thing is also just a plot device to add to the drama and limit the amount of other characters I have to incorporate to be realistic LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 08:36:04 AM »

Haha I usually use AJ as the comic relief as well, Tracy. He's got a dry wit about him, you can't not! I've often made him Nick's confidant in stories, just because the way he would give advice would be more entertaining and sarcastic than the other boys.

Which is weird because I feel like if any of them are going to be prone to sarcasm in real life, it would probably be Kevin over AJ.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »

I feel like we've seen more of Kevin's sense of humor since he came back to the group.  Social media may have helped with that; I think it's definitely shown them more as real people, not just their stage personas and stereotypical roles.

I love AJ as the comic relief, and I think he makes a great confidant because he seems very nonjudgmental.  I'm not sure he would be the best at giving advice, per se, but I bet he's a good listener/commiserator. 
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2017, 04:57:54 AM »

In my stories I always seem to have AJ or Kevin giving Nick advice. So yeah that's true for me too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2017, 05:30:35 AM »

I think I have him mostly talk to either Howie or Kevin. AJ is definitely my throw away character unfortunately. The one who is generally in the background acting goofy.

Do any of you feel like one of the boys is your throw away character? I know most people tend to answer Howie to this question, but it's always been AJ for me with Brian as a close second.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »

Brian or Howie is typically my throw-away character. It was definitely more Howie at first, with Brian taking over in recent years as it got harder for me to channel him and he and Nick seemed to be less close.

Though I will say that when I was writing Ever Since New York I was finding it a lot harder to write than usual, which was weird since I was really excited about it and had the plot all mapped out. Then it dawned on me that somewhere along the line that story had become way more Brian-centric than I'd intended. So when I went back and added more Nick stuff and started having more scenes from his POV I had a much easier time writing the story. This is why it is better for me to hold off posting until I have a first draft complete lol.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »

Howie is always my throw away. I know almost nothing about him and I can't relate to him. Recently I've tried including him more but he is mostly a background character. I've been writing Kevin more and he used to be a throw away too.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2017, 08:43:06 PM »

I love the black and blue album! The call play is my favorite song and I play that song every time I have my medical treatment.

I was working on the new chapter of my fanfic when the rumor on Brian appear on Facebook and give me an idea for a new fanfic

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2017, 10:17:33 PM »

Glad to hear you have an idea for a new story!  What rumor are you talking about?  I've been out of town for the last two days without wifi, so I've been out of the loop!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:57:12 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2017, 10:31:47 PM »

Howie has always been my throwaway character.  I hope writing a novel about him has helped with that, but before Sick as My Secrets, he was the only one who never really seemed to have an established role in my stories.  Usually Nick or Brian is the star, and whichever one it's not about serves the best friend role (they'll always be Frick and Frack to me).  Kevin is usually in that older brother position; he's good for giving advice or keeping the boys in line.  AJ is usually the comic relief.  Other than maybe being the "peacemaker," Howie never really did much.  I see him fitting into that best friend role more in future Nick stories because he and Nick have been so tight the last few years.  I think I've seen more of Howie's true personality and sense of humor in recent years, thanks to cruises and soundchecks and that kind of stuff, and writing a Howie-centered story helped me learn more about him and "get to know him" better in a character sense.  So hopefully you'll see more of Howie in my future stories!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2017, 12:10:21 AM »

Glad to hear you have an idea for a new story!  What rumor are you talking about?  I've been out of town for the last two days without wifi, so I've been out of the loop!

A poser claiming to work for the boys keeps saying Brian wants to quit the group. The guy has been posting things like this for a while, he goes by Wes or Logan Carter.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2017, 04:20:14 PM »

Thanks, Tracy.  I'm sure that's bullshit.  If Brian wanted to quit, he would have done it a long time ago.  I don't know about you, but when I met him in Vegas, he seemed the happiest and most personable he's ever been when I've seen him in person.  Also, his voice seems to be getting better.  He may never sound 100% like his old self again, but he's definitely figured out some techniques to sing his parts without sounding so shaky.  Why would he quit now?
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2017, 07:14:09 PM »

I don't understand myself and I be sure that guy is fake. Brian was very happy and the guys sign new contract for new album and world tour so I'm sure this rumor is false
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38