Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111115 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2017, 04:33:02 AM »

I agree about the lose-lose situation he's in. That's the thing with social media, people now feel the need to say something public about what should be a private matter, otherwise fans react negatively thinking there's a lack of caring just because we're not all there to see it. Not that any of it is our business to begin with. I'm glad Nick reached out on Twitter. I hope that's the last he says on the matter though. You did your part now leave it be.

I get so mad when people say things like "He should do more to help" not just about this Nick and Aaron hot mess but in general. You can only help someone out so many times. If they aren't willing to help themselves, it's useless. It's clear that Aaron doesn't seem to think he's a train wreck so Nick helping him is not going to do one bit of good for either of them.

I truly hope Aaron gets the help he needs and this doesn't end in another washed up teen star dead way before his time. I'm so glad I'm too poor to be an kind of addict besides a Chinese food one lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2017, 04:36:22 AM »

I'm glad you're getting to go see them in Vegas, Erika. Have a great time!

It's also nice to see you posting in here, Mistral!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2017, 09:38:17 AM »

Thanks! :-)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2017, 04:15:39 PM »

Agree with you both, Steph and Mare.  From his "statement," Aaron is obviously in denial that he even needs help, so the only thing Nick can really do is extend the offer and then let it be.  I think Nick knows that too, from his own experiences - you can't get better until you're ready to admit you have a problem and accept help, and Aaron is clearly not there.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2017, 10:00:18 AM »

I've been away from all the news for ages, so Nick and Aaron have had some bust up in public? 

I wish I was able to go to Vegas to see the show, sounds like all of you who went had a great time.  I'm hoping for a new album and world tour so that I can see them again over here.  It's over 3 years since I last saw them.

Hmm, the questions, I've forgot what I just read, lol!

KeepThisSecret

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »

I do! It's been great having BSB out here, and I've been very spoiled lol. I've gone in March, April and June.

OMG! My bank account would be seriously empty if I were in your situation! I have to say that I admire your willpower; only three shows.

My friend and I are super excited to go. My work confirmed my trip on the exact same day the boys announced that they were extending their residency. It was like fate!! Although, we're probably just as excited to get away from our respective toddlers as we are to be seeing the boys. HAHA For some reason, our husbands are not sharing in our enthusiasm.  :P

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »

I've been away from all the news for ages, so Nick and Aaron have had some bust up in public? 

Aaron and his girlfriend got arrested for DUI and possession of pot.  Nick tweeted something to the effect of "To my brother, I love you no matter what, and if you want help, I'm here for you," and then Aaron tweeted this long rant of a "statement" about how he didn't do anything wrong, he has a prescription of medicinal marijuana, etc. etc. and then went after Nick for publicly tweeting instead of calling him.  Then Lauren tweeted Aaron to have his girlfriend message her his new number since he apparently changed it (which, if that's true, would explain why Nick couldn't have just called him).

From what Aaron has tweeted and said to the media, it sounds like he's in complete denial that he even has a problem.  Nothing is ever his fault, and everyone else is out to get him because of his "celebrity status."  The cops target him unfairly, people bully him and body shame him, etc. etc.  He is always the victim.  No one is going to be able to help him until he decides he needs help.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2017, 11:58:21 PM »

Anyone have any fanfic questions?
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:58 AM »

This is kind of specific but it's something. Was there any event in BSB history that sparked a ton of fic around it? In 1D fandom right now there is a major influx of Niall/Louis fic because the two of them keep gushing about each other in the press and it seems like every single story published is about that. Did something like this happen in BSB fandom? I can't remember. Also back in the day I only wrote about me and Nick going out and sadly that was not true to life LOL.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2017, 12:09:36 PM »

Brian's heart surgery seemed to be a big one.  There were tons of stories about that or just Brian having heart problems when I first started reading fanfic.  It's interesting to me that Nick's cardiomyopathy diagnosis didn't spark a bunch of similar fanfics, but I think that's a sign of different the fandom was in 2009 compared to 1998-1999.  I don't see any event sparking a ton of BSB fics nowadays just because there don't seem to be very many of us writing it anymore.  I'm guessing the 1D fandom now is more similar to how BSB's used to be, where you have a ton of stories popping up all the time.  I miss those days!

I do remember the summer of 2012, when the guys were living together in that house in London and recording.  That seemed to bring people crawling out of the woodwork, and it was more active around here again.  There were a few short stories written about that, but generally I think just the fact that the five of them were living together like in a fanfic and posting so much about it inspired people to write, whether it was actually about that or something else.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »

I continue to write fanfic, but it is pretty hard for me do it in English because it is not my first language and it's more easy for me when someone write in duet with me. My fanfic is not in a style that everyone likes.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »

Brian's heart surgery seemed to be a big one.  There were tons of stories about that or just Brian having heart problems when I first started reading fanfic.  It's interesting to me that Nick's cardiomyopathy diagnosis didn't spark a bunch of similar fanfics, but I think that's a sign of different the fandom was in 2009 compared to 1998-1999.

Huh yeah that is interesting, I didn't even think about that! The fandom was still pretty active in 2009 but definitely not as much in 1998.

I completely forgot about them living in that house together in 2012, but you're totally right, there were a lot of stories about that. In general I remember that summer being very active fanfic-wise. It was great to see. I'm sad there hasn't been as much of a resurgence with how much the boys are doing as of late, but maybe it'll come when they release a new album. How's the new story you're writing going?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »

I continue to write fanfic, but it is pretty hard for me do it in English because it is not my first language and it's more easy for me when someone write in duet with me. My fanfic is not in a style that everyone likes.

I definitely commend you for that! I could never write anything in another language lol. It's hard work!
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2017, 05:57:23 PM »

How's the new story you're writing going?

Not very well. :( I'll be lucky to get the short story I started finished before the end of summer.  I don't think I'll start on a novel for awhile.  I still keep coming up with new ideas and outlining them, but I'm having a hard time settling into anything.  Also, all my ideas are super depressing!  More so than usual, I mean LOL.  I feel like I need to write something light-hearted, but I never come up with light-hearted ideas.  Even the rare comedy/parody I do is always fairly dark.  Thanks for asking!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »

I definitely commend you for that! I could never write anything in another language lol. It's hard work!

I agree!  If it's something that you love, keep at it though!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38