Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 112341 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »

That's a really good point about the bromance aspect. I hadn't thought much about it before, but I tend to enjoy media that focuses heavily on male friendship as well. I really liked The OC, which was obviously a teen drama but the heavy focus on Seth and Ryan as brothers made it great. Same with Fullmetal Alchemist, which was an anime and the entire story was focused around the journey of two brothers. There's just something compelling about male friendship especially. Maybe because of the way men showing too much outward affection towards each other is frowned upon whereas it's okay for females to do it.

I'm not really into baseball at all, but I can see where that would definitely be the same sort of thing.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2017, 05:48:37 PM »

Aw, The OC! <3  Agreed... the bromance was definitely the best part!

You have a great point with why it's so popular, because it's somehow more rare to see it outwardly expressed than close female friendship.  I feel like since "bromance" became a term, it's becoming more and more acceptable for guys to show genuine affection toward each other.  I think that is a good thing.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »

Yes ER was the best tv show ever! I have the 15 seasons in DVD so I can watch it when I want. I like a lot Brian and Kevin for brothers story. For slash I prefer create a new character to place with Brian when I write slash fanfic.  I try to write the guys with ncis or stargate sg1, but that don't work.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »

Anyone have a genre they haven't tried yet that they'd like to one day?  Not sure if this has been asked. But for me I want to try Fantasy, it's one of the ones I haven't done yet and I've just about tried everything.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »

I think the same for Me. I'd always wanted to try my hand at Sci-fi/fantasy but I don't think I have the creative mind to write in that genre. I feel like to effectively be able to write fantasy, you need to create another world and for me that's too many new characters and names of things and places I know I wouldn't remember lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »

I do think fantasy and sci-fi can be tough, depending on how "out there" you go with it.  I think I've tried every genre, but the one I would love to be able to write more in is suspense.  I love reading suspense stories, but have never had much success writing them.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »

Since Stephanie mentioned crossovers with NCIS and Stargate, what would be your dream BSB crossover?  It could be one you'd write yourself or something you'd like to see someone else write.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »

I would really like to see some kind of BSB in space crossover. Maybe like Star Trek or Firefly. One with a good ensemble cast that BSB (or Nick, lol) could be dropped into.

Also selfishly I want more BSB/1D crossovers lol but I know I am probably the only audience for that.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »

BSB/Supernatural

BSB/BSG to go with the whole in space thing.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »

A drama fanfiction BSB with ER cast! 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2017, 04:13:17 PM »

^ This is my dream crossover as well!  I have two solid chapters written of a BSB/ER story, but I'm not far enough (or writing consistently enough on it) to be able to post anything yet.  One day!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »

Do you read crossovers if you're only a fan of (or at least familiar with) one of the fandoms in the story, or do you only read them if you like both?  I feel like that was an awkwardly phrased question LOL, but hopefully you know what I'm asking.  For example, if someone wrote a BSB/Star Trek fic, and you'd never seen an episode of Star Trek, would you still give it a chance?
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »

I would really like to see some kind of BSB in space crossover. Maybe like Star Trek or Firefly. One with a good ensemble cast that BSB (or Nick, lol) could be dropped into.

Also selfishly I want more BSB/1D crossovers lol but I know I am probably the only audience for that.

I'd read a BSB 1D crossover too not going to lie lol

I'd really want a Star Wars BSB cross over fic or Once Upon A Time.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »

I'm surprised there aren't more BSB/1D crossovers (or maybe there are?).  That seems like a crossover that makes sense and would be easy to do.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2017, 05:44:05 PM »

You would think but there's a severe lack of crossover fic in 1D fandom in general.

I think I'd probably read a crossover for a fandom I wasn't familiar with, as long as the story seemed compelling. I suggested the Star Trek one but I've honestly seen like two episodes of that show. My husband is obsessed with it though, so that's why I figured BSB in that universe with those characters might be interesting. I guess as long as the other fandom was described well enough it wouldn't matter. I guess it would depend in that case where you were posting. If I was posting here, I'd put more thought into going into more backstory in the other fandom than if I was posting on StarTrekFic.co m or whatever.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38