Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 2187 times)
DelphinaCarter
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2017, 07:11:05 PM »

I wrote on a type writer too and I still have it. There's something about it that I like. The smell of the ink and paper.

Ladies,  make sure you stay HYDRATED. - Nick

DelphinaCarter
General Pandemonium

« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »

Julie I did that but I would take my floppy disk to school and use the school computer when I was on fanfiction.net . That was the first place I posted my stuff before I found AC. I like AC a lot better.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »

I wrote on a type writer too and I still have it. There's something about it that I like. The smell of the ink and paper.

So cool!  I've never used a real typewriter before, but I love the idea of it!

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

DelphinaCarter
General Pandemonium

« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2017, 10:52:53 PM »

It was a lot faster than going to the library and printing things. I used to do school reports on a typewriter sometimes if I didn't have time for the library.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2017, 03:41:05 AM »

That's so neat that you had an actual typewriter to write on!  Do you still have it?

I had an old PC in my room by the time I started writing fanfic, but it didn't have an internet connection.  This was back in the dial-up days, of course.  So I would write in my room, save my files to a floppy disk, and then move to my mom's computer to get online and post stuff.  To read fanfic, I would copy/paste chapters to a Word document, save them on my floppy, and take them back to my own computer to read offline because my mom would get mad if I stayed online for hours at a time, tying up the phone line.  Eventually I got internet in my room, and that made things much easier!

Sadly no, I eventually broke it. I adored that thing though till I got my own computer LOL. When my sister gave me the computer she set me up with internet too cause her company paid for it so until I was like, 18 I had hers. Then they switched her to broadband and I had to get it myself. So I was always the only internet user in the house cause my parents weren't really fussed about learning it.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2017, 03:43:27 AM »

I was fancy too, like it had a delete option if you made a mistake. I remember my dad saying he wasn't sure if I'd like it but my mom was sure I would and she was so right lol. But she loved to write too, only she wrote poetry. So she always understood it.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »

What got me into writing fanfics was a Take That story I read back in about 2006.  I'd never come across it until then.  I thought I'd have a go.

There was a question earlier about crossovers, I've done a BSB/Supernatural one in the past.  Would love to do another.  Maybe BSB/Outlander or something like that.

julilly
Master of Havoc
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #232 on: August 16, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »

There was a question earlier about crossovers, I've done a BSB/Supernatural one in the past.  Would love to do another.  Maybe BSB/Outlander or something like that.

BSB/Outlander would be so unusual lol 12/10 would read though.

~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »

I was thinking how I'd even go about writing a BSB/Outlander crossover, it would have to be AU Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Jump to: