Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111179 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2017, 11:43:58 AM »

I wish they'd do that again.  Finish the new album, already!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2017, 08:31:03 AM »

Hello my beautiful people!!!

Just wanted to swing by because you’ve all been on my mind. :) Glad I remembered this password, because I don’t remember the password to access my stories and shit, lmao!!! Hope you’ve all been doing well and would love to hear what’s been going on with all of you. :)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2017, 10:15:49 AM »

I usually just ignore fandom drama, so it doesn't really hurt/help any writing inspiration I have. The specific issue with Nick right now has all but killed not only my interest in BSB fanfic, but just the group in general. Definitely that hurt any writing I was doing in either fandom because it bothered me so much.

On a completely separate and much happier topic lmao, welcome back Reb :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »

That's sad, especially since you were a Nick girl.  Are you going to post the rest of "Ever Since New York"?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »

Welcome back, Reb!  Nice to see you posting on here.  It's nice to see some action on here, period.   I'm doing well.  I took a little break from fanfic after finishing my last story, but I'm ready to be back now and trying to get going on a new story.  I'm also eagerly awaiting the Boys' next album and tour!

~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »

Hi Reb!!!

Not much going on with me. Just been working and making money to pay off this next BSB cruise.. Plus finally going to Disney and living out the stuff I wrote when I wrote Finding Carter a few years ago.

I need a picture with Buzz and Woody. Lol.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »

Welcome back Reb!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »

When are you going to Disney, Tracy?  Is it your first time?  Sounds like fun!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2017, 06:46:39 PM »

I'm going to Disney before the BSB cruise, I will be there for a few days at the end of April, beginning of May. I've never been so it's really exciting for me. I've always wanted to go. I was supposed to do Universal too for Harry Potter but unfortunately couldn't make it work this time.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »

Awesome!  You'll have a blast!  I wish you could do Universal too, but hopefully you can do that another time.  You can do both Universal parks in a day if you're mainly there for the Wizarding World, which is amazing.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2017, 05:01:01 PM »

Let's talk about killing people!  Characters, I mean.  I'm still upset about a certain character getting killed off a certain show the other day and trying to understand that decision from a writing standpoint, so let's talk about killing characters in fanfic.

Do you shy away from killing off characters, or are you cool with it?  If you're cool with killing, does that include killing Backstreet Boys (or the main characters in whatever fandom you're writing in)?

What factors in to your decision to let a character live or die?

Have you ever regretted killing (or not killing) a character?

What has been the hardest character death for you to write?

As a reader, what was most shocking or devastating death you've read in someone else's story?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2017, 08:27:56 PM »

Let's talk about killing people!  Characters, I mean.  I'm still upset about a certain character getting killed off a certain show the other day and trying to understand that decision from a writing standpoint, so let's talk about killing characters in fanfic.

Do you shy away from killing off characters, or are you cool with it?  If you're cool with killing, does that include killing Backstreet Boys (or the main characters in whatever fandom you're writing in)?

As a reader, what was most shocking or devastating death you've read in someone else's story?

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL.  :D

I definitely do not shy away from killing characters. I do tend to keep the Boys alive though. But, I've got ideas in my head where BSBs can and might die. So I don't shy away from it. It's more, there needs to be a good reason. So far I haven't killed many main characters in any novels I have currently posted (oneshots are different lol). The last ones I did were in Song From The Undead - I think. I didn't write those, you did lol, but they served the story and the journey of the characters. I don't believe in killing solely for shock. Even in "Miles To Go", Jordan's dying serves a purpose and it's why I did it during "Nick and Knight" rather than something that might involve a BSB lol.

The hardest one is one that hasn't been posted yet, but I'm struggling with it.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:19 PM »

The hardest one is one that hasn't been posted yet, but I'm struggling with it.

Oooh!  You have my attention with that.

I never realized that about Undead, but now that I'm thinking about it, I guess you're right?  Weird how that worked out.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:32 AM »

Oooh!  You have my attention with that.

I never realized that about Undead, but now that I'm thinking about it, I guess you're right?  Weird how that worked out.

LOL I know right? My first thought was when did I kill people outside of one shots, and I thought of Undead. Then it hit me that I didn't do the killing.

Also...mwahaha .

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »

Let's talk about killing people!  Characters, I mean.  I'm still upset about a certain character getting killed off a certain show the other day and trying to understand that decision from a writing standpoint, so let's talk about killing characters in fanfic.

Do you shy away from killing off characters, or are you cool with it?  If you're cool with killing, does that include killing Backstreet Boys (or the main characters in whatever fandom you're writing in)?

- Hm, I've killed Nick a bunch of times. Injured the boys too many times.  Killing Nick and Brian both in the one shot I wrote entitled Two Ghosts was very hard. Considering Nick's is a suicide and Brian watches him die but can't help because he's dead.

Killed Nick's parents. Although I am working on one of the boys deaths... It's an AU story but I am trying to work out the idea just right.

-Well the times I've killed Nick it was for 1,000 Ways To KILL so I kinda had to lol. But if I had to decide, it would depend on how it moved the story along.

-Not really yet. Lol if I killed someone it's with good reason. I've even killed myself off as a character but it was important to the storyline.

-Probably my own death... Murdered on a cruise ship.

- I have a lot of answers but I'll go with Howie's death in Sick As My Secrets because while I kinda knew it was going to happen it didn't take away the fact that it was so tragic. I was pretty sad. But it was very well written..

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:18:30 AM by DelphinaCarter »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38