Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111234 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #270 on: December 30, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »

Do you shy away from killing off characters, or are you cool with it?  If you're cool with killing, does that include killing Backstreet Boys (or the main characters in whatever fandom you're writing in)? I'm fine with it, I don't mind killing them off either, I killed Nick enough times in the joint story we all did lol

What factors in to your decision to let a character live or die? If I feel the story going that way, I'm ok with it.

Have you ever regretted killing (or not killing) a character? Not really

What has been the hardest character death for you to write? I don't think any of them have been hard to write.

As a reader, what was most shocking or devastating death you've read in someone else's story? Nick in Curtain Call or Howie in Sick As My Secrets, both really sad.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #271 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »

Seeing Rose make reference to the Melissa Schuman allegations in the new story she posted gave me the idea for this question.  Are there any real life events or topics that you consider off-limits or taboo to write about in your stories?

I don't think anything is off limits really.  I might not write about a particular topic, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be written or that I wouldn't read it.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2017, 11:12:25 AM »

I've missed so much and have no idea what drama has been happening as I haven't been on twitter for a couple of years and not been paying much attention to BSB news recently (apart from their Instagram posts).  Have I missed much?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »

I killed Nick enough times in the joint story we all did lol

LOL So true!

Thanks for the mentions, too!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #274 on: December 30, 2017, 03:19:06 PM »

I've missed so much and have no idea what drama has been happening as I haven't been on twitter for a couple of years and not been paying much attention to BSB news recently (apart from their Instagram posts).  Have I missed much?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas :)

The only big drama lately was Melissa Schuman accusing Nick of raping her back in 2002, which Nick has denied.  Google it if you want more specifics; I don't necessarily want to get into all that in this thread.

My Christmas was very nice.  Hope yours was as well! :)
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2017, 06:34:35 PM »

Oh wow, I'll Google that and see what it's all about! Is she she one he did a song with called There For Me?

My Christmas was good thanks, nice having family around and time off work ☺

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »

Yes, and she was also in The Hollow with him (briefly... she's the blonde girl that gets killed off in the first scene LOL).  Strangely enough, both the movie and song were made well after this supposed sexual assault took place.  Nick didn't deny that they had relations of some sort, but said he thought everything they did was consensual, so it's a he said/she said situation.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »

Happy new year ladies! Sorry I haven't been around, I've been sick. However I did manage to write a couple of one shots for Christmas. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »

Happy New Year!  Hope everyone's starting to feel better!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »

Do you guys have any writing-related resolutions this year?

I'm not a resolution kind of person, but last year I made one to write every day, and I actually kept it until March.  I didn't always write a lot; some days it was just one sentence, but I still made myself open my story and add something to it every day, and that helped keep me inspired for the days when I actually could get a lot done.  I'm planning to try the same thing again this year and see how long I can keep it going.  Now if I could just get myself to do the same thing with working out...
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »

Do you guys have any writing-related resolutions this year?

I'm not a resolution kind of person, but last year I made one to write every day, and I actually kept it until March.  I didn't always write a lot; some days it was just one sentence, but I still made myself open my story and add something to it every day, and that helped keep me inspired for the days when I actually could get a lot done.  I'm planning to try the same thing again this year and see how long I can keep it going.  Now if I could just get myself to do the same thing with working out...

I'm going to try to write every day, no matter what it is -- blog post, book review (Nick's "Facing The Music" is first), fanfic, or regular fic. I have two BSB fanfics I'm working on that I plan to have first drafts by the end of January or February. After that I'll probably look for beta readers/editors/whatever before I post them here on AC.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »

Writing more - that's my resolution every year LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »

I'm going to try to write every day, no matter what it is -- blog post, book review (Nick's "Facing The Music" is first), fanfic, or regular fic. I have two BSB fanfics I'm working on that I plan to have first drafts by the end of January or February. After that I'll probably look for beta readers/editors/whatever before I post them here on AC.

Great point - writing doesn't always have to mean fanfic writing or even fiction writing.

I really enjoyed Nick's book and am finding it a good resource for researching for fanfics.
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »

Great point - writing doesn't always have to mean fanfic writing or even fiction writing.

I really enjoyed Nick's book and am finding it a good resource for researching for fanfics.

I really enjoyed it too. I'm going to read it through a second time so I can make notes on things I wanted to the first time, as well as refamiliarize myself with it for the book review. (I first read it mid-December. Took me three days, which is short for me when reading nonfiction books.)
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2018, 01:50:29 AM »

I don't really believe in resolutions per se but I guess write more for me. Maybe finally finish the two stories I'm working on, and get around to posting the two other projects I'm playing with. One is a group fic the other is a slash novel.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38