Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111239 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2018, 04:37:54 AM »

Generally, I'm not one of those people who think someone should be fired for making a mistake, but how on earth has this guy who hit the wrong button not been fired? That's not a tiny little mistake he made there. That was a pretty huge, apocalyptic sized mistake. That's just how things are here in the US these days. I mean, yikes!

Right?!?! I can’t stand our mayor either, because he totally downplayed the situation, staring that no injuries or death resulted of the incident. Yet there were multiple car accidents, a man died trying to escape the “incoming missile”, another man suffered a massive heart attack from the stress brought on by the mistake. And the worker was simply reassigned. Like, why?! Just so upsetting. ::)

As if that doesn’t make it any better, there was an interview conducted in the same damn place the mistake was made, and low and behold, right there behind the interviewee is a post-it note of a FKN PASSWORD!!! ??? Like seriously, these so called “professionals” are seriously making Hawaii look so bad and incompetent right now!

I mean, I couldn’t help than to laugh at how we were all the butt of late night show’s jokes last night, but as a Hawaiian, I HIGHLY resent their remarks of referring to all Hawaii residents as “Hawaiians”... “the Hawaiians made a mistake and pressed the wrong button.” Um, no, just some idiots and dumbass politicians running this shit that never thought it thru, lol. Our governor and mayor is seriously a fkn joke, lol. Did ya’ll see the pic of the “button/window drop down” setup?! It’s ridiculous... maybe moreso than the fact that they didn’t even have a fkn false alert to send out cancelling their initial alert. ::)

And poor Japan had gone thru what we did, but thankfully the correction came exactly a few minutes after, and thankfully it wasn’t widespread news.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2018, 11:27:52 PM »

Moving on to happier topics...  Who's ready for new BSB music?!  I can't believe it'll be 5 years since IAWLT came out!  Hopefully the new album will be out by that anniversary.  I saw they were recording again this week... seems like they've been working on this thing forever!

What album have you found most inspirational, in terms of inspiring story ideas?  Or, for those who don't get inspired by BSB music, which album cycle/era were you most inspired/prolific during?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2018, 04:48:44 AM »

God I'm SO READY. This has been the longest we've had to wait for a new album and while all the stuff in between helped (okay yeah I've been spoiled having them just 20 minutes away), I'm dying for new music now.

I was really prolific during the Kevin-less years. The angst I imagined it to give Nick was great lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »

I want to be excited. Maybe when it gets closer or when they actually release a song. As for your other question, I have never used music as motivation.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »

I cannot wait to hear new bsb music! Have you hear a song create by a guy on YouTube for the guys call still together?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2018, 09:00:43 PM »

I cannot wait to hear new bsb music! Have you hear a song create by a guy on YouTube for the guys call still together?

I've not heard that.  Do you have a link or know the guy's name?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »

I want to be excited. Maybe when it gets closer or when they actually release a song. As for your other question, I have never used music as motivation.

I think it will definitely be sometime this year; they want to capitalize on the whole 25th anniversary thing.  I'm hoping they'll have a single out by spring and release the album in the summer so they can start the tour then.  We'll see.  They've sure had long enough to work on it!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »

I was most prolific during the Millennium/Black & Blue era (2000), mostly because that was when I started writing fanfic, so it was fresh and new.  Other than that, my most prolific era was probably 2010, so This Is Us... even though that's my least favorite BSB album.

I think the most inspirational album for me was Never Gone.  For better or for worse, I drew a lot of inspiration from that album for By My Side, which is the story I was writing at the time it came out.

~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #308 on: January 25, 2018, 11:00:35 PM »

On YouTube the account is on the name of Robert Duham music and the name of the song is: still together.

I cannot wait to read your fanfic with ER!

This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nKgKufbxxg
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:32:41 AM by Mistral »

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »

I was most prolific during the Millennium/Black & Blue era (2000), mostly because that was when I started writing fanfic, so it was fresh and new.

That's when it was for me, too, all the way through their break till Never Gone was released. Looking at the stuff I've posted here on AC, I was writing off and on up through '11.

I don't recall if there were specific songs/albums I was inspired by, but certainly a couple of the music videos - Larger Than Life and Straight Through My Heart, though both stories inspired by those have somehow disappeared. :(
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2018, 03:25:25 PM »

On YouTube the account is on the name of Robert Duham music and the name of the song is: still together.

I cannot wait to read your fanfic with ER!

This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nKgKufbxxg

Thanks for the link!  It's a pretty song.  I could see them recording something like that.

One of these days I will get working on the ER crossover again.  It has a solid start, and then I stopped working on it.  I need to be in serious medical drama mode to write that one.  Someday!

~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »

You are very welcome! Yes it is a pretty song!

ER was my favorite show!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2018, 08:37:44 PM »

Mine too!
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2018, 10:00:16 PM »

I really miss talking to you and I follow you on Twitter!

Who was your favorite character in ER? Mine are doctor Greene, doctor Lewis and doctor Corday

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2018, 06:23:54 AM »

Okay, I could be making this shit up in my head or I actually did see this somewhere, but... the boys are no longer under their own independent label right?
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38