Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111140 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #330 on: July 14, 2018, 06:02:45 AM »

I hope you get to see them at some point!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #331 on: July 14, 2018, 07:20:36 AM »

Thanks! I hope they are gonna come on tour at Montreal or Quebec.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2018, 08:59:55 PM »

I really enjoyed Don't Go Breaking My Heart. I had it on repeat basically the week it came out and I still listen to it a lot during workouts, it's a good warm up song.

In terms of BSB fandom I had a very hard time with the Nick thing and then the fandom reaction around that just sickened me. I'm sorry, but it did. It turned me off of BSB a lot. I still like them and if they come here next year I'll probably go, but I don't think I'm going to do another meet and greet or cruise. I likely wasn't going to anyway, but that kind of sealed the deal for me. I also have zero money on account of everyone in 1D deciding to go solo at once, blah. But I have seen all of them except for Louis this past year, so that's been fun.

In terms of life stuff, I made a drastic change and left the company I'd been at for almost ten years a few months ago. I got a new job off of getting my PMP designation and have been focusing a lot of energy there as well. It's quite different as I used to work near the outskirts of the city, and now I work right in the downtown core. So the commute to work is a lot longer, but there's a lot more happening around there. It's been a huge change.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »

It is not only in Nick fandom that fans are bashing, in Brian’s fandom too. I understand you for the money, I don’t have money too and it is make me mad because I would love to do to see more than one concert.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2018, 10:32:16 PM »

Mare, I'm glad to hear the new single has reinvigorated your love for them!  I love when new music brings the fandom back together.

I'm so looking forward to this world tour and hope they stop enough different places that everyone who wants to see them can go.  A cruise next summer sounds awesome - good for you!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #335 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:54 AM »

Hello everyone!

Even though I rarely post stories here anymore, I do jump in here and now to see if there is someone around. I'm still writing and, yes, I'm still writing FrickNFrack stories, although the writing has quite taken some breaks during these last two years, as well for my fandom. I'm still a fan. I still love the Boys and can't wait for the new album and, finally, the world tour. But all the Vegas stuff, though exciting and thrilling, has been kinda of sad because it's hard to keep your fandom alive when the group kept talking only about it and you're on the other side of the world. lol
As for real life... lol I had a job until February and then lost it a month before the contract was actually over. That, plus a year that has been really hard (my oldest cat dying in August; my grandma almost paralyzed and spent six months going back and forth to the hospital; my brother that, on a holiday with his Iranian girlfriend, decided to get married and told us only when they were back and still things aren't going well.) sent me in a dark place. But, as always, writing helped me so now things are a little bit better. If I could only find a job before the tour, because I'm determined to do VIP and have, finally, my photo with Brian lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2018, 10:52:44 PM »

Steph, congrats on the new job!  Has it been a good change so far?

Cinzia, I'm sorry for all the tough times, but glad to hear things are starting to get better.  I hope you find a new job soon - good luck with that!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2018, 12:53:58 AM »

Let's talk BSB!  We never had a thread or anything here acknowledging their 25th anniversary, but it seems like a good time to reminisce.  What are some of your best and worst BSB memories from the last 25 years?
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

So glad to see some updates on here!

I'm still a fan and always will be, I listen to them every single day at some point (usually during my drive to and from work).  I love the new song and it's good to hear them being played on my local radio station.

I don't have the money for the cruises or Las Vegas, but next time they tour over here, I will be going!  It's been over four years since they were last in the UK.

As for real life, we've had a tough few months as my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and died last month.  So we've been up and down to Devon where they lived to visit them quite a lot, it was so awful for her in the end, I can't believe how cancer can take over so quickly and devastate a person so much.  But I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.  On top of that stress we also moved house the week before she died.  So it's been hard work recently, but at last things are calming down.

Steph - congrats on the new job :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »

Sorry for all you've had to deal with recently, Steph!  Cancer is terrible. :(  I'm glad things are starting to calm down, and glad to see you on here!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »

Sorry for all you've had to deal with recently, Steph!  Cancer is terrible. :(  I'm glad things are starting to calm down, and glad to see you on here!

Thanks Julie :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »

Let's talk BSB!  We never had a thread or anything here acknowledging their 25th anniversary, but it seems like a good time to reminisce.  What are some of your best and worst BSB memories from the last 25 years?

A good memory for me is being front row at the Unbreakable tour and having AJ throw water over me and my friend (it was hot, so I didn't mind lol).

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2018, 04:17:09 PM »

I've been around, just not on the forum other than to report spam and post when I've updated lol.

I went to GMA the other week to see the boys. Was definitely a different experience for me. I have never camped out for an event before like that. I realize I'm "too old" for things like that now cause I just wanted to sleep and I was tired for like two days afterwards. But it was definitely fun.
My friend had never seen the boys before so it was more for her. She doesn't have a favorite boy yet but is leaning towards AJ.

As for writing, I've been cranking out chapters for my final story of the romance series I've been writing for the last few years so that feels pretty good.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »

A good memory for me is being front row at the Unbreakable tour and having AJ throw water over me and my friend (it was hot, so I didn't mind lol).

That sounds amazing!!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2018, 06:06:17 PM »

I've been around, just not on the forum other than to report spam and post when I've updated lol.

I went to GMA the other week to see the boys. Was definitely a different experience for me. I have never camped out for an event before like that. I realize I'm "too old" for things like that now cause I just wanted to sleep and I was tired for like two days afterwards. But it was definitely fun.
My friend had never seen the boys before so it was more for her. She doesn't have a favorite boy yet but is leaning towards AJ.

As for writing, I've been cranking out chapters for my final story of the romance series I've been writing for the last few years so that feels pretty good.

I'm glad you got to do GMA!  What a cool experience!  I don't know if I could do the camping out thing anymore either, but hey, at least you can say you did it!

What's the craziest thing everyone's done for BSB?  I can't think of anything too crazy that I've done, but mine would probably involve driving long distances to see them.  I'm used to having to drive 3 hours to see them in Chicago or St. Louis because of where I live, but I've also driven 5 hours to Cincinnati, 6 hours to Lexington, 8 hours to Detroit, and 9 hours to Knoxville for concerts or other BSB appearances.  When their Chicago and St. Louis shows were on back to back nights at the beginning of the IAWLT tour, I drove 3 hours north to Chicago, went to the show, drove 3 hours back home afterwards, slept for a few hours, got up the next morning, and drove 3 hours south to St. Louis to see the show the next night.  I saw a lot of Illinois over those two days, but it was so worth it.  I've loved all of my BSB roadtrips.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:08:06 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38